Are TD passes really that hard? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are TD passes really that hard?

Two QBs (one of them who's a phenom; considered the best prospect coming out of college since Peyton) who have four years of starting QB experience vs Tannehill who was only a QB in his junior and senior season. We'll just forget about that then I suppose.

The same can used against him. How high is his ceiling if the sample size just isn't available? What if we're now witnessing those limitations?

Yeah pennington also had 2 good RBs and the wild cat
to help him out...We started that year 0-2 until the wildcat came out of no
where and we started winning games that way.

Plus i like how u totally avoided my question about take those other teams
talent over ours and stating something from 4 years ago like it matters now.
Stop living in the past. Right now we have tannehill and we need to get him
more weapons before we make a real intelligent judgment about him. If he fails
with good above average guys here then hes not the guy but if he improves
drastically then all you haters r going to be on here saying i knew he could do
it. Its easy to poke at him in his rookie year with minimal help or after a bad
game, give the guy a chance with real talent and then make an intelligent
analysis about his play.

Don't lecture me about intelligence and then try to accredit passing success to the wildcat and two running backs.

Of all the rookie QBs, Tannehill should be the one excelling, afterall he is playing with the same offensive scheme and coordinator he had in college. Yet, he is struggling. There were plays and points to be had yesterday had Tannehill been accurate enough to make them. You can draft all the wide receivers you want, but if the QB is wildly inconsistent and has accuracy problems, than the results will be the same. In my humble opinion, Tannehill was over-drafted, a typical Ireland mistake. Instead of drafting someone that actually has talent and has played the position with success, Ireland chose to draft for potential. Wilson will be the Drew Breese from this draft while Tannehill will be average.

This thread i rediculous he didn't make the big mistake against a team who is pretty great at takeaways......Some of you have lost your patience already and forget that we are a growing team with rookie QB and HC. Have some foresight. /endrant

I thought we were supposed to get blown out the water yesterday and not have a chance? Am I missing something? Oh I forgot...over reaction Monday.

As much as I love RT, the dude has to find ways to throw TDs. Moore had 16 TDs in 13 games last season. Yea people will argue that he had Marshall to throw to in the endzone, but Marshall contributed to 5 of Moore's TDs. That means that he threw for 11 other TD to other people. Sure Marshall helped open up other receivers, but man only 7 passing TDs in 12 games is scary. He has had only 1 multi passing TD game. Sure, the playcalling has been horrible between the 20's, but he's gotta make it happen.

I'm not saying that I think Moore should be playing instead of Tannehill and I'm not going to say that everything is his fault. It's pretty apparent that Moore would most likely be more consistent as a starter and we would most likely be a much better team, but that wasn't the purpose of this season. It was to get Tannehill reps and cohesion with the offense. Most people are ready to kill themselves after Tannehill looks awful, but it should be expected. So we didn't get a QB that put us in a legitimate discussion for the playoffs 12 games into the season, boo-****ing-hoo, it's the best we've had since 2008 in terms of being in the "playoff hunt."

Tannehill has looked inconsistent and the team is lacking in explosive players. It is what it is. It's not time to can Tannehill after a legit superbowl contender, who has a propensity to put rookie QBs in their place, makes him look foolish. Hell, the almighty Andrew Luck threw 3 picks against the Pats and their team got obliterated. I'm not going to compare Luck and Tannehill because Luck has looked absolutely disgustingly awesome at times. Just wait this season out and see how he does next year with potentially better playmakers. He has a lot of potential and upside, and hopefully, this is the project that works out. If it doesn't, it doesn't.

Don't lecture me about intelligence and then try to accredit passing success to the wildcat and two running backs.
so what your saying is a good running game doesnt help out a QB???? got it

Tanny looks like a rookie. Not surprising because Belicheck usually makes this happen. But Damn I wish he'd throw some! It's hard to stay positive when your QB has less than every QB in the NFL. I think Aaron Rodgers has just as many in one game!

LOL, Rodgers sat 3 years behind Brett frickin Farve and then became the starter on a Superbowl caliber team. Yes, please let compare Tanny's first 12 games to Rodgers. Laughable.

LOL, Rodgers sat 3 years behind Brett frickin Farve and then became the starter on a Superbowl caliber team. Yes, please let compare Tanny's first 12 games to Rodgers. Laughable.

I thought the whole point of playing Tannehill early was that to not do it would just hold back his progress. Sounds like Rodgers certainly wasn't hurt by it.

This thread i rediculous he didn't make the big mistake against a team who is pretty great at takeaways......Some of you have lost your patience already and forget that we are a growing team with rookie QB and HC. Have some foresight. /endrant

Ya guys, I dunno what you're thinking wanting your QB to make key plays in game to turn the tide in a winnable game.

so what your saying is a good running game doesnt help out a QB???? got it

I'm saying that teams had no fear at all of Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams lined up in a conventional formation that year because our team was actually very poor run blocking other than the wildcat and even with it our top runners only averaged slightly over 4 YPC. Seeing as the wildcat was used for at most 3 pass plays from the QB the entire year I'd say it's pretty silly to act like that was responsible for 3,600 passing yards.

Also, while 2008 was probably a career year for Pennington, this has as much to do with his health as anything. He had many solid seasons in New York, so again it's pretty silly to act like his passing success could be attributed to the wildcat.

So we didn't get a QB that put us in a legitimate discussion for the playoffs 12 games into the season, boo-****ing-hoo, it's the best we've had since 2008 in terms of being in the "playoff hunt."

Uhh, aren't you forgetting that we were in competition until late in 2009 and 2010 for a playoff spot, and only missteps in the last couple games fully eliminated us? When Sparano sent Pat White to play the second half of week 17 against the Steelers, we still had a mathematical chance of making the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom