Are TD passes really that hard? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are TD passes really that hard?

Put Tannehill at WR and Moore at QB. Automatically upgrade 2 positions on offense

Tannehill missed two huge throws that would have been scores, and a very deep throw that would have been a major gain, possibly a TD if he can outrun Arrington.

I can't wait to read more uninformed opinions about how Hartline just doesn't get TDs. Well lets see, he had 2 stolen from him by poor play, so maybe point the finger elsewhere?

MAKE ALL THE EXCUSES YOU WANT REGARDING HARTLINE AND HIS INABILITY TO FIND THE END ZONE
but the fact remains the same that he has 3 tds in 172 quarters of football ...care to explain that???

MAKE ALL THE EXCUSES YOU WANT REGARDING HARTLINE AND HIS INABILITY TO FIND THE END ZONE
but the fact remains the same that he has 3 tds in 172 quarters of football ...care to explain that???

The QB's throwing him the ball?

Yeah, I mean that's only worked for three of the other teams starting rookie QB's this year, what are they thinking?

Two QBs (one of them who's a phenom; considered the best prospect coming out of college since Peyton) who have four years of starting QB experience vs Tannehill who was only a QB in his junior and senior season. We'll just forget about that then I suppose.

What concerns me is that Tanny seems to have issues with accuracy and I'm not sure that is a skill that can be improved upon. We shall see, but my gut tells me he is not the promised one. Hope I am wrong.

I still want to give him another year. If after that he still hasnt shown enough then move on. I'm guessing some of you still want to draft Matt Barkley? I dont think he is gonna be as good as most hope.

Yeah except thos 3 other teams have alot more talent on offense then tanny has. It looks easy when RG3 throws a 2 yard screen pass that gets broken for 50+ yards and a TD. I would love to have any of those other WRs then the garbage we have. Does tanny need alittle work with the Accuracy? YES he does but he also doesnt have a ton of help. Today we had drops and guys catching a first down and running backwards to lose yards. Get him some playmakers and then judge him in a fair race. Easy to call a guy slow in a race when he is running in mud and everyone else is running on grass.

How many of you were talking up those offenses when they were lead by Curtis Painter/Kerry Collins, Tavaris Jackson, or Rex Grossmen? Those guys didn't just magically have success because that supporting cast was so awesome. The QB has made the supporting cast better on all 3 teams.

How many of you were talking up those offenses when they were lead by Curtis Painter/Kerry Collins, Tavaris Jackson, or Rex Grossmen? Those guys didn't just magically have success because that supporting cast was so awesome. The QB has made the supporting cast better on all 3 teams.

1)Indy and the redskins both improved their offense this offseason. They right now r better then what were have being that they took a step to improve and we took a step back by dumping marshall. Doesnt matter what those offenses looked like last year, would you or would you not take any of those WR corps over ours right now?
2) we need to see tanny play with a guy that can take a 5 yard pass and gain 50 yards and get in the endzone. or a big target he can throw it up to and have him make a play. We dont have that. We cant just throw a jump ball 30 yards down field to bess or hartline. If tanny doesnt make a really good throw it wont get caught down field. Say what you want but its true.

Tanny looks like a rookie. Not surprising because Belicheck usually makes this happen. But Damn I wish he'd throw some! It's hard to stay positive when your QB has less than every QB in the NFL. I think Aaron Rodgers has just as many in one game!

Sherman is wearing out mightily with me. I know we got no playmakers.
But damn man this is the best you can scheme with what we got?
If you need all playmakers than why the F do we even need you, we can do it ourselves lmao.

I'm just sick of defenses reading our offense like a goddamn book.

I am pretty pissed off today, maximum I can give Sherman another year with some playmakers to prove himself.
But this year, with limited talent, I havent expected much, but not impressed at ALL.

1)Indy and the redskins both improved their offense this offseason. They right now r better then what were have being that they took a step to improve and we took a step back by dumping marshall. Doesnt matter what those offenses looked like last year, would you or would you not take any of those WR corps over ours right now?
2) we need to see tanny play with a guy that can take a 5 yard pass and gain 50 yards and get in the endzone. or a big target he can throw it up to and have him make a play. We dont have that. We cant just throw a jump ball 30 yards down field to bess or hartline. If tanny doesnt make a really good throw it wont get caught down field. Say what you want but its true.

I could have said the same two things about 2008, and Chad Pennington rode those guys to a 97 QB rating, 3,600 yards, and MVP votes.

Its maybe because the team around him is garbage? He didnt play great but did anyone on offense help him out at all?

Seriously, what more do you want in a game? Hartline was open twice deep that could've been scores if Tanny could hit him. He was also open in the back of the endzone when Tanny overthrew him.

There ARE guys making plays out there. It's like people expect our WR's to be wide open every single snap and if they're not then they suck. That's not how it works. Generally there are a handful of plays the game comes down to that have to be executed.

Yes, when you dump Brandon Marshall and don't have any speed guys who can burn after the catch, TDs are that hard. RT is fine. Get him some weapons next year and see if doesn't throw more TDs.

Yes, when you dump Brandon Marshall and don't have any speed guys who can burn after the catch, TDs are that hard. RT is fine. Get him some weapons next year and see if doesn't throw more TDs.

Just a word of warning:

Chad Henne without Brandon Marshall - .85 TD's per game
Chad Henne with Brandon Marshall - 1 TD per game

That means in 16 games, Henne could get 14 TD's, while with Marshall he could get 16, or just two more. TD's don't just magically happen, and while it would be nice to have a receiver who could make something happen out of nothing, red zone awareness, vision, anticipation, timing, and accuracy from the QB are the main factors that lead to pass TD production, not the guy being thrown to.

I could have said the same two things about 2008, and Chad Pennington rode those guys to a 97 QB rating, 3,600 yards, and MVP votes.
Yeah pennington also had 2 good RBs and the wild cat
to help him out...We started that year 0-2 until the wildcat came out of no
where and we started winning games that way.

Plus i like how u totally avoided my question about take those other teams
talent over ours and stating something from 4 years ago like it matters now.
Stop living in the past. Right now we have tannehill and we need to get him
more weapons before we make a real intelligent judgment about him. If he fails
with good above average guys here then hes not the guy but if he improves
drastically then all you haters r going to be on here saying i knew he could do
it. Its easy to poke at him in his rookie year with minimal help or after a bad
game, give the guy a chance with real talent and then make an intelligent
analysis about his play.

Back
Top Bottom