Are the Dolphins legitmate "Super Bowl" Contenders? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are the Dolphins legitmate "Super Bowl" Contenders?

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
I know this early...Especially after the the FA trades and the Draft. But at this point I'm wondering if the Dolphins are serious SB contenders...

IMO the fins don't have the most talent in the NFL? In the AFC? No. In the AFC east? Probably not. Can they beat any team in the AFC? I think so. There are still alot of unanswered questions.. Depending on how the defense gels, how the secondary progresses, if we can generate any pass rush, the end results are still unknowable. Personally, I think that the Dolphins are a work in progress. I know the super bowl is the goal, but I am excited to see how this team will work as a unit. Im excited to see how they will perform in the 4th quarter, against the Pats and Jets. Do they have the will? Do they have the heart?

Share your opinions....

It all depends if the players we draft show up...

I think are D-Line is fixed...
I think are OLB is fixed...
Of course Line and WR and ILB is fixed...
Now the only thing im still worried about is FS but I think we will be good there since LB and D-Line is all good...
I think all of Miami picks this draft were safe picks only one I am a little worried about is Jones but he is my favorite pick but is he a FS? I think with coaching he can be a solid FS

Also something that hurt us alot was injuries so if we are healthy I will have to say yes

Why not us? If they stay healthy and get some breaks, of course they could be contenders. The Jets were really not that good of a team last year and they almost made it to the Super Bowl. We currently have a better team then the Jets did last year.

You don't have to be dominant to get that far. Sometimes you just need to catch some breaks and be a solid team. It can happen.

(We've said this for years too :d-day:)

My immediate gut reaction is no, but it is way too early to tell. A lot of this still depends upon the progress of young players.

We have Marshall now and we avg over the last four games about 20 points a game. Can his addition get us another 7 points a game? If it can thats good for another 2 wins regardless if our D has improved not. Too much riding on the D to think we can go to the SB. But the playoffs, yeah, I expect playoffs this year...

It's all on Henne and every year that he's the starter.

I say this:

We have to win the AFC East first. I think our schedule was very tough last year and our rookies got some serious hair on their chest.

Hartline, Smith, and Davis in year two with a revamped defense under Mike Nolan. We are going to be bringing in a pass rush from our four down linemen mostly with the occasional blitz, but more in pass coverage. So I think our hybrid D will offer confusion to teams. Nolan brings instant credibility to this D as one that will make big plays.

Marshall gives us 1000+ receiver for once and Henne in second year. Our repatoire just got a huge facelift. We can put up 24 ppg at least IMO. It will be all up to defense IMO.

But win AFC EAST which I think is doable. This team will be much further along than people think. Our weakness is DB's with the youth still. Dansby is captain.

Superbowl? We gotta get to playoffs first. From there, anything is possible.

Like legit super bowl contenders?

Sorry guys, but i'd have to say no.

It all depends on how the defense performs this year which is tough to predict. The development of Wake, Misi and Odrick will be a huge factor in determining this but I'm pretty optimistic, especially with Mike Nolan calling the shots. The development of Henne is obviously huge too but I'm pretty confident in him. If this team can come together and gel as a unit, a Super Bowl is definitely possible.

Back
Top Bottom