Are the Dolphins more talented than last year? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are the Dolphins more talented than last year?

Are the Dolphins more talented than last year?

• Yes

Votes: 77 62.6%
  • No

Votes: 14 11.4%
  • Don't know

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Too early to tell

Votes: 29 23.6%

• Total voters

Phanatical

Official Daunte Hater
Reaction score
I don't think so. Let's look position by position:

OL - We have Benny Anderson starting. This guy is a slug. Definite downgrade on the OL.

RB - Last year Williams, Brown, Morris and Minor. This year, Brown, Suggs, Morris and Minor. Please dont' tell me Suggs is better than Williams. Downgrade.

WR- Last year Chambers, Booker, Welker, Gilmore. This year, Chambers, Booker, Welker, Hagan. Improvement at #4, but, how often do we do 4 receiver sets? Push.

TE - Last year McMichael, Diamond. This year, McMichael, Peelle. Push

DL - Not much change. Push

LB - No change - Push.

CB - Last year, Daniels, Madison, Howard and Jackson. This year, Daniels, Allen, Lehan and Goodman. DOWNGRADE.

Safetly - Last year Tillman, Shulters and Bell. This Year Tillman, Hill and Bell. Downgrade from Shulters to Hill.

QB - Culpepper - OK, everyone's gonna get their panties in a wad on this one. While Culpepper is most probably an upgrade, Frerotte never had a game last year where he threw a pick returned for a TD, and he never had a game last year where he single handedly gave it to the other team. So far, Culpepper has performed worse than Frerotte did, at this point his performance has been a Downgrade. I expect this to change, but so far, it hasn't.

So, I don't see any upgrades (except for Culpepper who hasn't performed better than Frerotte yet), a few pushes, and a lot of downgrades. Talent wise, this team appears to have regressed.

Finally, don't simply vote "upgrade" tell me, besides Culpepper, WHAT POSITIONS HAVE BEEN UPGRADED??? I DON"T SEE IT!!!!

I think we should give them the benefit of the doubt we've only played one game, And Culpepper is definitely better than frerotte.

Phanatical said:

OL - We have Benny Anderson starting. This guy is a slug. Definite downgrade on the OL.

QB - Culpepper - OK, probably an upgrade, but Frerotte never had a game where he threw a pick returned for a TD and he never had a game last year with a 49qb rating. So far, Culpepper has performed worse than Frerotte did, at this point, Downgrade.

RB - Last year Williams, Brown, Morris and Minor. This year, Brown, Suggs, Morris and Minor. Please dont' tell me Suggs is better than Williams. Downgrade.

WR- Last year Chambers, Booker, Welker, Gilmore. This year, Chambers, Booker, Welker, Hagan. Improvement at #4, but, how often do we do 4 receiver sets? Push.

LB - No change - Push.

CB - Last year, Daniels, Madison, Howard and Jackson. This year, Daniels, Allen, Lehan and Goodman. DOWNGRADE.

Safetly - Last year Tillman, Shulters and Bell. This Year Tillman, Hill and Bell. Downgrade from Shulters to Hill.

So, I don't see any upgrades (except for Culpepper who hasn't performed better than Frerotte yet), a few pushes, and a lot of downgrades. Talent wise, this team appears to have regressed.

IM sorry i stopped reading after you said Culpepper was a downgrade

UCFinfan86 said:
IM sorry i stopped reading after you said Culpepper was a downgrade

Guess you can't read too well. I said "probably an upgrade' but to this point, his performance was a downgrade. Don't know what game you were watching, but under 50% completions, a QB rating of 49, and a pick returned for 7 was a pitiful performance.

Phanatical said:

QB - Culpepper - OK, probably an upgrade, but Frerotte never had a game where he threw a pick returned for a TD and he never had a game last year with a 49qb rating. So far, Culpepper has performed worse than Frerotte did, at this point, Downgrade.

LB - No change - Push.

You Cant Judge this team after they played 1 Football game. expecting to beat the SB Champions away at Pittsburgh by 21-28 points or Culpepper high flying against an EXTREMELY good Defense is ludacris, give this team 2-3 weeks before they start to click right, a season opener doesnt make or break a season.

Culpepper-Will Improve from 2005 Disappointment

RB's- Need more Depth here

WR's-Good Here

TE-Better Here from the past years

OL-Push from last season Hudson Houck is a miracle worker with O-Lines

DeF:
DL-Better from last season more depth and good rushes

LB-Same (a tad better)

Secondary:Downgraded with loss of Madison and addition of Midocre CB's but how could i know Will Allen could come from no where and be Phenominal. We'll have to wait and See...:rolleyes:

Phanatical said:
Guess you can't read too well. I said "probably an upgrade' but to this point, his performance was a downgrade. Don't know what game you were watching, but under 50% completions, a QB rating of 49, and a pick returned for 7 was a pitiful performance.

Damn so mike vick is a top 3 QB now? Jake Delhomme is the worst QB in the league? How about frank gore he was great is he the best now? Shaun Alexander he sucks now too?

Anytime u even compare Culpepper to Frerotte u lose all credibility

UCFinfan86 said:
Damn so mike vick is a top 3 QB now? Jake Delhomme is the worst QB in the league? How about frank gore he was great is he the best now? Shaun Alexander he sucks now too?

Anytime u even compare Culpepper to Frerotte u lose all credibility

Instead of hurling lousy personal insults, why don't you tell me how I am wrong. I said his one game performance thus far, was worse than any game Frerotte had last year. Tell me how that is wrong? One cannot judge Culpepper??

Our secondary was slow last year with Madison, Shulters and Howard back there.. This year they are faster and quicker. Renaldo Hill is faster than anyone we had there the last couple of years.

The mistakes they are making now are mental mistakes.. When they get the coverages down then this will be an upgrade by midseason to the end of the year. Book it .

The only real downgrade is the right guard spot. You are forgetting that Carey is better this year as I am sure James and Hadnot will be in a few more games.. And with Jacox inserted over Anderson, this will probably be an upgrade, even if slightly

And how can you say the D-line is a push when we added Wilkinson and the emergence of Fred Evans down the middle ?? Thats an upgrade my friend

MastR_EvaluatoR said:
Our secondary was slow last year with Madison, Shulters and Howard back there.. This year they are faster and quicker. The mistakes they are making now are mental mistakes.. When they get the coverages down then this will be an upgrade by midseason to the end of the year. Book it .

I agree they were slow, but they were smart and didn't give up many big plays. I agree this years DB's have the potential to be better, however, they haven't proved it yet. How do you rank the changes in the other positions?

Phanatical said:
I agree they were slow, but they were smart and didn't give up many big plays. I agree this years DB's have the potential to be better, however, they haven't proved it yet. How do you rank the changes in the other positions?

The only real downgrade is the right guard spot. You are forgetting that Carey is better this year as I am sure James and Hadnot will be in a few more games.. And with Jacox inserted over Anderson, this will probably be an upgrade, even if slightly.

And I thought Shelton was fine the last game. Both tackle spots were good vs Pitt.Also lets wait for Berger to recover from injury as well.. It's also not our fault Joe Toledo had a year ending injury

And how can you say the D-line is a push when we added Wilkinson and the emergence of Fred Evans down the middle ?? Thats an upgrade my friend

Didn't give up many big plays?! Are you kidding me? We had Reggie Howard in our secondary last year, don't tell me that..

MastR_EvaluatoR said:
The only real downgrade is the right guard spot. You are forgetting that Carey is better this year as I am sure James and Hadnot will be in a few more games.. And with Jacox inserted over Anderson, this will probably be an upgrade, even if slightly. And I thought Shelton was fine the last game. Both tackle spots were good vs Pitt.

Good point on the depth on the DL, with the DL rotation that should be an upgrade over the long haul, although I always thought that Zgonina did a great job and never got his props.

Phanatical said:
Instead of hurling lousy personal insults, why don't you tell me how I am wrong. I said his one game performance thus far, was worse than any game Frerotte had last year. Tell me how that is wrong? One cannot judge Culpepper??
Frerotte- October 21, 2005 vs. KC: 11/29, 125 yards, 0 TDs, 1 Int, 1 Fumble, 37.9 QB Rating.

Now that I've put that to rest... Any more questions? :D

Colorado Dolfan said:
Frerotte- October 21, 2005 vs. KC: 11/29, 125 yards, 0 TDs, 1 Int, 1 Fumble, 37.9 QB Rating.

Now that I've put that to rest... Any more questions? :D

All I got to say to that is... Checkmate.

Back
Top Bottom