Are the Junior Qbs Coming out for 2006!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are the Junior Qbs Coming out for 2006!!

Boomer said:
Jacobs isn't a prospect. Young has so much work to do it's untrue. Quinn is the real deal, but he'll stay as the Irish have a legitimate National Title shot in 2006.

Whos the real deal boomer? Who is coming out that can be the real deal for this proud and beloved franchise

SMadison29 said:
Not even close. Palmer is much more talented than Leinart in terms of arm strength, deep accuracy, learning multiple offenses, perfect mechanics, quick release, speed, agility... I don't think there's one attribute or thing that Leinart does better. His soft deep throws aren't going to work at this level.

I like him as a college QB leading USC but not as an up & coming all-pro.

Once Again SMad, you hit the nail on the head.

dominizzo said:
Whos the real deal boomer? Who is coming out that can be the real deal for this proud and beloved franchise
I like Brodie Croyle, he is a good leader and doesn't crack under pressure as evidenced by the Tides last two games winning by a FG in each plus he wears #12 which is a number that all the greats at Alabama have worn and he has lived up to that number this year. He has decent mobility and a very strong arm, he is also accurate. I like him as one of the better late round prospects

Dolphins_SR66 said:
Boomer - Your thoughts on Quinn from ND.....i do look forward to the USC vs. Notre Dame game this weekend.

Boomer said:
Quinn is efficient. Solid player. Weis will be the making of him if he's good enough. Average arm, but can be surgical in his picking apart of defences. Doesn't react too well to pressure, can move round the pocket. System QB...needs to get in a rhythm. In a way he's like Andrew Zow the old Alabama QB. Sometimes when he was on, he was really on. Next week, he'd be so off as to be untrue. Needs to up the consistency a little.

Boomer said:
Quinn is the real deal.

Boomer, glad to hear you are enjoying what you see from Quinn. I like what I have seen of this young kid too.

So curious, what have you seen to change him to the real deal? Strickly consistentcy? Weiss? Arm better than average the more you watch?

dominizzo said:
you do not agree on that , I really think CArson will be the better qb from USc

No I agre wholeheartedly. I was lambasted last spring for for questioning Lionhart er leinarts ability. I am not a leinart fan. I dont want him, he says bust all over him. I do think if he is drafted and allowed to sit 2 to 3 years like Pennington, he could have some success and be a good qb, but I dont see him being that elite type like Elway or Manning. He doesnt throw the deep outs or deep ball with any arm strength which will kill him in teh NFL.

Drafted #1 overall requires a huge monetary investment, you cant afford to sit past one year, if that. I dont think leinart would survive and he would bust. Defenses would force him into throws that he isnt as strong at and could develop very bad habits and hurt his mental toughness.

I like Leinart better than Alex Smith but I would take Carson Palmer any day of the week and twice on Sunday before I took Leinart.

rickeyrunsover said:
No I agre wholeheartedly. I was lambasted last spring for for questioning Lionhart er leinarts ability. I am not a leinart fan. I dont want him, he says bust all over him. I do think if he is drafted and allowed to sit 2 to 3 years like Pennington, he could have some success and be a good qb, but I dont see him being that elite type like Elway or Manning. He doesnt throw the deep outs or deep ball with any arm strength which will kill him in teh NFL.

Drafted #1 overall requires a huge monetary investment, you cant afford to sit past one year, if that. I dont think leinart would survive and he would bust. Defenses would force him into throws that he isnt as strong at and could develop very bad habits and hurt his mental toughness.

I like Leinart better than Alex Smith but I would take Carson Palmer any day of the week and twice on Sunday before I took Leinart.

You got it PAlmer is the MAn who knows he could be better than Peyton Manning

Dolphins_SR66 said:
Boomer, glad to hear you are enjoying what you see from Quinn. I like what I have seen of this young kid too.

So curious, what have you seen to change him to the real deal? Strickly consistentcy? Weiss? Arm better than average the more you watch?
I'm not Boomer but I've watched Quinn quite a bit this year and what I like is a combination of his leadership, strong arm, and accuratcy. His arm is much better than your average QBs

dominizzo said:
You got it PAlmer is the MAn who knows he could be better than Peyton Manning

I really like Palmer, who knows just how good he will be. I wont compare him to Peyton just yet, but he is an elite qb in the making if not close to elite now.

nick1 said:
I'm not Boomer but I've watched Quinn quite a bit this year and what I like is a combination of his leadership, strong arm, and accuratcy. His arm is much better than your average QBs

I have always thought that as well. But I respect Boomer's analysis of film etc. He stated Quinn had an average arm...not sure if he meant strength or accuracy and whether what he has suddenly watched has changed to turn him into the "real deal" as QB and why.

Which is what I have thought him to be early on.

I like his intelligence, toughness, leadership, as well as poise in the pocket, ability to create time and space with subtle movements (marinoesque), ability to tuck it away and gain yardage, and arm strength and accuracy...and most importantly outside of this season (like Montana) he wasnt talked and hyped up. I see alot of what Montana had coming from Notre Dame as to what Quinn has. Nice intangibles.

nick1 said:

Brady Quinn is my wish for qb and that says alot since I despise ND.

I was for Jacobs but I think after watching him more this year I like Quinn much better. I do think Jacobs will be a very good NFL qb, but he is a developmental guy that has to be taken slowly. He is a practice squad type for a year or 2. He wont be ready to be a starter for 3 to 4 years, we dont have that time to wait. 5-7 rd pick on Jacobs would be a good pick.

:lol: to Leak talk. Leak is a simple-minded QB who can't handle complicated schemes. Thats what the NFL is all about. He wont be able to just scramble a little bit and throw one up for grabs like he was used to before Urban came in. I laughed at the beginning of the year when I heard his named being tossed in with Heisman talk. And guess what Im still doing, laughing :lol: as the Gators potentially could have 4 losses under their belt by the end of the year.

ckparrothead said:
Could you clarify that statement a bit? That's the second time I've seen you say those words without really expounding...

Of course dude. I think his mechanics are awful. Awful. He has a terrible hitch in his delivery that I think will take ages to fix. He also doesn't set up properly in the pocket. His footwork has a tendency to get really sloppy and he doesn't set his feet properly in the pocket.

He also runs far too quickly, instead of checking through his reads. I know that comes with experience, but I just see him as a guy with good size and good arm strength, but who needs a hell of a lot of work to be a starting NFL passer.

dominizzo said:

Matt Leinart
Brady Quinn if he declares.

Other than that, you get invloved in a derby for Daunte Culpepper, David Carr and Philip Rivers.

I'm a Brodie Croyle fan and I think Jay Cutler has skills. But aside from those, I don't see it.

Dolphins_SR66 said:

A combination of the three I think.

I liked what I saw in patches last year. Especially in the Bowl game against Oregon St. This year, he's quickly gotten better and better and better. The talent was there, but Weis has designed a system - well, he's taken Tom Brady's system and is just getting the kid to run it.

The consistency level is up, he's found a go to receiver, the running game is helping, but he's delivering. I think he has 1st round talent this year and top 5 at WORST talent next year if he trains on as he is. And his arm seems a lot stronger than I first thought. I genuinely thought he struggled some deeper down the field, but........

Back
Top Bottom