Are the Junior Qbs Coming out for 2006!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are the Junior Qbs Coming out for 2006!!

Bellson said:
:lol: to Leak talk. Leak is a simple-minded QB who can't handle complicated schemes. Thats what the NFL is all about. He wont be able to just scramble a little bit and throw one up for grabs like he was used to before Urban came in. I laughed at the beginning of the year when I heard his named being tossed in with Heisman talk. And guess what Im still doing, laughing :lol: as the Gators potentially could have 4 losses under their belt by the end of the year.

Which would still be better than any year under Zook. But they've lost all they're gonna lose. I'm a Gator fan, but I don't think Leak will amount to more than a decent backup in the NFL.

Boomer said:
He also runs far too quickly, instead of checking through his reads.
You kidding me. The guy hardly runs. I wish he ran more often, he could easily pick up more firsts with his feet, but he instead tries to throw the ball.

Besides, chances are he will be back. The season hasn't been up to expectations and hes had problems on top of recently hurting his shoulder.

great to see that a knowledgable guy like boomer agrees with me on quinn, i said it a few days ago on a post, brady quinn is the man

Chris Leak

He has not taken very well to Urban Meyers Spread offense. He did well in a pro-style attack earlier in his career. With Urban's Guy portis behind him Leak may decide to declare early. He would prolly go 3-5 round. Great value for a Guy with good upside.

Leak will stay in school, im sure if he continues to struggle, then he will want another yera of learning the sytem so he can get better. Portis is another Mike Vick, a running back with an arm.

Boomer said:
Matt Leinart
Brady Quinn if he declares.

Other than that, you get invloved in a derby for Daunte Culpepper, David Carr and Philip Rivers.

I'm a Brodie Croyle fan and I think Jay Cutler has skills. But aside from those, I don't see it.

Boomer, what do you think of Jay Cutler? I heard he is a 1st day pick.

Also, how could he be projected that high if he only played one good game all season?, and it was against Richmond, A division 2 school:eek:.

Boomer said:
Of course dude. I think his mechanics are awful. Awful. He has a terrible hitch in his delivery that I think will take ages to fix. He also doesn't set up properly in the pocket. His footwork has a tendency to get really sloppy and he doesn't set his feet properly in the pocket.

He also runs far too quickly, instead of checking through his reads. I know that comes with experience, but I just see him as a guy with good size and good arm strength, but who needs a hell of a lot of work to be a starting NFL passer.

I agree with everything you said in the first paragraph. I disagree with the thing about running too soon. That hasn't shown up in any of the three games that I saw him play.

His mechanics ARE awful, painful to watch, and I think his foot mechanics might be the worst part of him as a prospect. But, I will say that when you look at a QB that operates in the shotgun 90% of the time, his mechanics are perverted. The great thing about a guy who doesn't even appear to CARE about mechanics at this point? That when you teach him proper mechanics, he'll only get that much better. The important thing is to look at what he's doing despite those awful mechanics. His passes have as much velocity as anyone in college football. His accuracy, I don't care what anyone tries to tell me, is actually very, very good. When he screws up, it is almost always a mental screw-up, it is not usually an "off throw" in any way. Part of me wants to say, if the guy has great trajectory AND accuracy, why is anyone worried about his mechanics? The other part of me wants to say, because imagine what his timing and accuracy could be with the benefit of a dropback system that encourages proper foot and pass mechanics. His delivery will always have that certain "hitch" to it...he'll never fully work that out (it's from his baseball experiences), but I am FAR less worried about the arm delivery than the footwork, and him getting his shoulders square.

I am really down on the Bowling Green coaching staff...I think they're one of the worst out there. And Bowling Green's defense is one of the worst that I've seen on any level of college football. They look like my Georgetown Hoyas out there (football team, not basketball team) and that's saying something.

The games I've seen, he seemed to check out and look to run to quickly for my liking. Yes it's coachable, but hell it's less than ideal. Stay in the damn pocket and trust your reads.

Boomer said:
The games I've seen, he seemed to check out and look to run to quickly for my liking. Yes it's coachable, but hell it's less than ideal. Stay in the damn pocket and trust your reads.

I think Jacobs in teh 5t thru 7th would be a great pick. Maybe 4th but anything 1st day I dont agree anymore. I thought he would at the beginning of teh year, but his mechanics arent what you would like and he hasnt shown the progression I thought he would after last year.

I do agree with CK tho, I think with proper coaching, he will develop into a very good qb.

Early work this year Boomer huh. The year's not even half over and we are already talking draft. You mentioned Cutler and Croyle, where do you see them falling? Also do you have an opinion on some of the other 2nd teir QB's like McNeal, Whitehurst, or Clemmons. Also what do you think of Brett Basanez? I haven't heard him mentioned too much as far as the draft, but it seems like he is really playing well right now.

Back
Top Bottom