Are the Miami Dolphins Good Enough to Make a Championship Run? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are the Miami Dolphins Good Enough to Make a Championship Run?

If our QB goes down then our goose is cooked...I know Tua divides opinion but I think we all agree that if he is out of the picture then you can forget about play-off runs. And look how easily it can all crumble, look at the Jets, Bengals and Browns. They are all now out of the running because their QB got busted, it can happen in a second.

If our QB goes down then our goose is cooked...I know Tua divides opinion but I think we all agree that if he is out of the picture then you can forget about play-off runs. And look how easily it can all crumble, look at the Jets, Bengals and Browns. They are all now out of the running because their QB got busted, it can happen in a second.
That's true for any team...

We need Hunt but I think we can survive without Wynn. I'm probably higher on Robert Jones than anyone here. I'm hopeful that if Wynn can't come back that Jones is inserted or they slide Lamm over. Don't want to see Eich or Cotton in those spots if there are options.
Fair enough, I'll allow that maybe we can survive with just Jones and Hunt. I think Wynn is still a better Guard than Jones and would provide a significant boost over him.

The offense and defense have switched roles, it seems...at least for the time being. Who is to say whether the offense gets back on track and who is to say the defense won't suffer a relapse. There's still a lot of football to be played.

If the playoffs started today, Miami would have the edge if they played at home. And when the playoffs do come around, I hope Miami gets homefield advantage throughout...making them a slight favorite to go all the way.

We'll see. Every week puts such things in a more clear perspective.

Not really...Eagles, Ravens, Cowboys and 49ers not as QB-dependent as us
Ok maybe not the 49ers. I'm not a big believer in Purdy's success being organic because that system and roster would make any mediocre game manager look successful. The Eagles, Ravens and Cowboys would be finished without Hurts, Jackson and Dak, though.

I have no idea how good we can be because unlike other teams, McDaniel won't play anybody who has seen the trainer in the last 2 weeks. It's really getting frustrating that he won't let a guy play thru a minor injury. A 20-13 type win is what Mike was out to get. Simple clue was all the field goal attempts. He didn't trust his guards or TEs. Long FG on 4th and 1 with Sanders? That's not Mike.

Last edited:
I have no idea how could we can be because unlike other teams, McDaniel won't play anybody who has seen the trainer in the last 2 weeks. It's really getting frustrating that he won't let a guy play thru a minor injury. A 20-13 type win is what Mike was out to get. Simple clue was all the field goal attempts. He didn't trust his guards or TEs. Long FG on 4th and 1 with Sanders? That's not Mike.
Don't you think that maybe he holds these guys out with the bigger picture in mind, because he trusts that this team is capable of making a long run? I'm sure Achane would have been right back in the game if this were a playoff game...

Our OL and DL back-ups are not good enough...we need luck with injuries to win this thing
Every team needs luck with injuries if they want to get to the SB. I feel when they are at full strength, the Dolphins can win against any team in the NFL.

How healthy their starters will be over the rest of the regular season and the playoffs is the unknown at this time.

Ok maybe not the 49ers. I'm not a big believer in Purdy's success being organic because that system and roster would make any mediocre game manager look successful. The Eagles, Ravens and Cowboys would be finished without Hurts, Jackson and Dak, though.
Exactly! Purdy wouldn't look that good if he was playing on the Panthers. Heck even Jimmy G had success with the 49ers and he looked like crap when he played for the Raiders this year. I agree that those other teams would be toast without their starting QB's.

How does Tua divide opinion? He’s arguably the best QB in the NFL.

McDaniel has the same problem he had last year, he can’t or won’t adjust once the film is out and defenses “figure him out.” He has the next 7 games to prove he can as Averaging under 20 points a game is not championship level. If he can get back to averaging around 25-28 then we definitely have as much of a chance as anyone.
Good point. I've been wondering the same thing. Yesterday's fourth and one pass to Hill was predictable and well defended by the Raiders. Can't we gain a yard on the ground?

I think McDaniel was late in adjusting in the Kansas City game, but eventually got it right.

I do think he played it right in sticking with the run versus Las Vegas. The running game is much more dynamic with Achane so hopefully all is well with him.

Back
Top Bottom