Are the Miami Dolphins Good Enough to Make a Championship Run? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are the Miami Dolphins Good Enough to Make a Championship Run?

Not really...Eagles, Ravens, Cowboys and 49ers not as QB-dependent as us
"As QB dependant"?

How, exactly, would you objectively quantify such a thing in the first place?

Even if you did, you can't seriously be trying to argue that if any of those teams lost their starting QB that it wouldn't be a serious detriment to a playoff run.

We are but, the big but...we won't beat a quality team to the likes of SF, KC, Balt, Eagles etc if we put the same product on the field we have been putting out there this year. We have to play clean fb all around and that includes play calling otherwise we'll be just an above-average team with a few high light reels per game and stats through the roof but missing the playoffs. If we don't match Buff's intensity last game (believe me they will be on fire) we will lose that game and probably the div. I just don't see us pulling away regardless of the schedules until we show we can put a complete, clean game on the field.

They definitely have the talent to win a Championship. Anybody that says otherwise is a scorned fan waiting for the collapse they predict at the beginning of every season. Does having the talent always mean a team will win the big one, absolutely not. Worse teams than the Dolphins have won the SB....you just have to be playing your best football at the right time. Let's hope they are playing their best football come playoff time.

I think man for man, if we don't suffer too many injuries we are as good as any team.

That being said I don't believe we can win a Superbowl for 2 reasons:

1. We are inexperienced, we don't have the know-how to close out pressure games or make winning drives under pressure. That counts, that matters.
2. Point 1 also pertains to our head coach who still can make confusing calls
3. Unforced errors: we make lots of them, more than all the big boy contenders I would say, and that makes a huge difference when the small margins that mark the difference between the best teams are added up.

I think we have the best roster in the NFL and thought so before the season started. The two things I was really worried about was Tua and his ability to stay healthy and Chubb being a complete whiff of a trade, don't have to worry about those things so much anymore. Now I'm worried about McDaniel getting outcoached by Andy Reid and John Harbaugh because of their experience but that's a good place to be. Nobody has a better roster than the Miami Dolphins. Thank you Chris Grier.

They definitely have the talent to win a Championship. Anybody that says otherwise is a scorned fan waiting for the collapse they predict at the beginning of every season. Does having the talent always mean a team will win the big one, absolutely not. Worse teams than the Dolphins have won the SB....you just have to be playing your best football at the right time. Let's hope they are playing their best football come playoff time.
Well, the defense is sure progressing nicely but unfortunately, we lost the offense somewhere along the line.

I also think we need to eliminate choice routes for all WR's not named Tyreek. Wilson and Waddle have both burned us recently by either making the wrong choice or by not making the choice early enough in the route. Tua needs to know where his WR's are going to be at the end of their route.

Roster wise, yes.
Head Coach is not a SB coach at the moment.
Defense is evolving weekly. The offense looks lost and the man calling the plays seems completely confused - defenses are scheming against it and he has no idea how to adapt - its hugely concerning.

If we get shut down on Friday, the concern level will rocket. Yes, the Jets D is excellent but got worked by the Bills

Well, the defense is sure progressing nicely but unfortunately, we lost the offense somewhere along the line.
I can agree with that. I'm just hoping the offense is in a mid-season lull. I don't think it was feasible for us to stay on the torrid pace we were on at the beginning of the season. Having the OL injuries hasn't helped anything. I'm hoping they can get some stuff figured out to get more consistent production out of the offense before playoff time. I have faith, and we definitely have the talent on that side of the ball.

All 3 of our losses have an asterisk. Buffalo we were missing DB's and Fangio did a poor job of adjusting. Philly we got jobbed by the refs, were missing both X and Ramsey and 60% of the oline. Chiefs game was weird because of the rare fumble 6 by Tyreek, but we showed in the second half that we are the more talented team but screwed up at the end. Nobody wants to f*** with us, we're like Josh Allen and can be the best in the league one week and then a clown show the next. We're are own worst enemy but nobody can stop us like how we can't stop Josh Allen, who I don't want to see in the playoffs the way teams don't want to see us.

Last edited:
Stop drinking.
No one with a brain thinks Tua is the top QB.

He was very inaccurate yesterday and make 2 or 3 really bonehead decisions.
Obviously you're not taking him over Mahomes, but outside of that I really can't name another QB I'd definitively take over Tua. He's at least arguably Top 2.

Here are the total offense / defense team statistics for the Dolphins after 10-games played:

Miami Dolphins Team Offense - #1
GPTOTAL YDSTOTAL YDS/GPASSING YDSPASSING YDS/GRUSSING YDSRUSHING YDS/GPTSPTS/G

Miami Dolphins Team Defense - #12
GPTOTAL YDSTOTAL YDS/GPASSING YDSPASSING YDS/GRUSHING YDSRUSHING YDS/GPTSPTS/G

This is pretty good!

Back
Top Bottom