Are the Miami Dolphins Good Enough to Make a Championship Run? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are the Miami Dolphins Good Enough to Make a Championship Run?

Obviously you're not taking him over Mahomes, but outside of that I really can't name another QB I'd definitively take over Tua. He's at least arguably Top 2.
The Fins would trade Tua for Mahomes, Burrow, Hurts, Allen,Lawrence in 1 second.
And no QB is playing better than CJ Stroud right now.

Roster wise, yes.
Head Coach is not a SB coach at the moment.
Defense is evolving weekly. The offense looks lost and the man calling the plays seems completely confused - defenses are scheming against it and he has no idea how to adapt - its hugely concerning.

If we get shut down on Friday, the concern level will rocket. Yes, the Jets D is excellent but got worked by the Bills
To be fair, no HC is a SB coach until they are. I get what you're saying, but the best thing McDaniel did last year was have that team ready to play in the WC game vs the Bills. 3rd string QB, freezing cold weather in Buffalo and that team came damn close to winning. That's the only McDaniel playoff sample we have, and from that sample he showed he can rise up to the occasion. I'm not worried about McDaniel one bit.

I have to say don’t think we’re good enough right now. Can change.

I say this…oddly enough….mostly bc of the offense. It’s starting to look a lot like last year when we blasted out of the gate and then bogged down. Teams figuring stuff out.

McD prob sees this and may figure it out.
Bottom line…O needs to get more physical. Pound the ball on 3rd and 1 etc. Throwing the ball backwards on 3rd and 1 ain’t gonna work in the playoffs vs likes of Balt or KC….or even Cleveland. Getting our Gs back will def help out.

Also, let’s face it, Tua isn’t good off script and when he has to create out of the pocket. He’s very good as we all know….but that’s a major flaw considering other QBs on playoff teams are great at it.
Man, if only the Dolphins had a team of experts that knew more than the average fan to help them figure everything out.
Stop drinking.
No one with a brain thinks Tua is the top QB.

He was very inaccurate yesterday and make 2 or 3 really bonehead decisions.
you don’t think anyone with a brain thinks Tua is one of the best QBs in the NFL?

Ok. You’re entitled to your opinion.

The Fins would trade Tua for Mahomes, Burrow, Hurts, Allen,Lawrence in 1 second.
Not Hurts. He's not as good as Tua and his play style is going to expose him to a lot more hits over his career than Tua. Tua is a more gifted passer and QB than Hurts will ever be.

Stroud is playing well as a rookie, but not better than Tua at the moment. These trades are all hyper unrealistic, so we can only debate from a fan's perspective on what QB's are better or more valuable than Tua. So, as a fan, I would not definitively take Burrow, Hurts, Allen or Lawrence over Tua. You could argue it either way, but it's just that...an argument. That makes Tua arguably a Top 2 QB.

After 10 games, that's the main question for the Miami Dolphins.

The Dolphins are 7-3, with Buffalo chasing at 6-5. The next four games are favorable. Certainly possible that the team gets to 10-4 or 11-3 for a final stretch that includes Dallas, Baltimore and Buffalo.

Meanwhile, the Bills have the Chiefs, Eagles, Cowboys and Dolphins. That final game against Buffalo may be inconsequential.

Miami has the opportunity to win the division, which is huge in terms of seeding, home game(s) etc.

We've seen the explosion on offense, the defense has been dominant over the last several games. Ramsey has made a huge difference on that side of the ball.

Hopefully, Achane's injury is mild as he was a big part of the early season success. The Dolphins are relatively healthy by NFL standards.

We've also seen a team that makes too many mistakes, has too frequently lost the turnover battle etc. Third and short, fourth and short is a challenge.

So, is Miami good enough to challenge for a championship?
Win it all when we can't even beat a team with a winning record?

No.

My heart says- What kind of question is that? Of Course we are.
My Eyes and gut tell me different.

I dont think our style will travel well enough to win (likely) 2 road play off games. If its win 1 on the road maybe.

Areas that pause me a tad:
Special teams may hurt us. I dont trust either our kicker or punter
Timing offense- concerns me. Playing 3, maybe 4 playoff teams to win it all, we likely will have to win unconventionally
3rd /4th and short- we greatly need to improve in this area

Not really...Eagles, Ravens, Cowboys and 49ers not as QB-dependent as us

Sure they are.

Eagles are more consistent with Hurt then Mariota. Though Mariota moves well, he is not the running option Hurt brings. Eagles actually fall a bit if Hurt can't go.

Ravens identity is Jackson, he gets hurt,
Tyler Huntley will not be able to continue what Jackson can do at QB. Ravens would suffer even bigger loss then Eagles.

Cowboys have shown lately to be more of a run at you team, with great Defense, but Prescott is the reason their not one dementional, he goes down, bringing in Trey Lance, the Cowboys would be very one dementional, and much easier to defend.

Finally 49ers are a very well coached team, but what Purdy has been doing has been unreal, and if you think
Darnold can replicate it, you will find out how wrong you are.

No matter what, it's a passing league, so even running teams need a passing game to get their running game to work, and very few Backup can do for their team what the starters can...especially good teams.

Yes, we just have to clean up the dumb offense mistakes/turnovers. feel like we have been saying that though over and over again. it's a big reason why we cant beat the better teams and if we continue to have these hiccups on offense then we will not win a playoff game.

After 10 games, that's the main question for the Miami Dolphins.

The Dolphins are 7-3, with Buffalo chasing at 6-5. The next four games are favorable. Certainly possible that the team gets to 10-4 or 11-3 for a final stretch that includes Dallas, Baltimore and Buffalo.

Meanwhile, the Bills have the Chiefs, Eagles, Cowboys and Dolphins. That final game against Buffalo may be inconsequential.

Miami has the opportunity to win the division, which is huge in terms of seeding, home game(s) etc.

We've seen the explosion on offense, the defense has been dominant over the last several games. Ramsey has made a huge difference on that side of the ball.

Hopefully, Achane's injury is mild as he was a big part of the early season success. The Dolphins are relatively healthy by NFL standards.

We've also seen a team that makes too many mistakes, has too frequently lost the turnover battle etc. Third and short, fourth and short is a challenge.

So, is Miami good enough to challenge for a championship?

In the words of the learned philosopher Fred G Sanford: “Do a pig like slop?”

Win it all when we can't even beat a team with a winning record?

No.

The great teams have lost to teams they should beat, do we hold that against them.

We have yet to lose to anyone in Miami, so seems our problem right now is winning away games against teams being helped by Refs.

Last edited:
I have no idea how good we can be because unlike other teams, McDaniel won't play anybody who has seen the trainer in the last 2 weeks. It's really getting frustrating that he won't let a guy play thru a minor injury. A 20-13 type win is what Mike was out to get. Simple clue was all the field goal attempts. He didn't trust his guards or TEs. Long FG on 4th and 1 with Sanders? That's not Mike.
All that matters is that they are healthy come playoff time. They want to ensure we are as healthy as possible when the games matter and I'm okay with that.

Miami doesn't feel like it's coming completely together just yet. Since the Denver game, the running game has sputtered a bit, due to the injuries along the offensive line. All while the defense was just rounding into shape. I'm hopeful, both will come together and push Miami over the top. The team needs the balance on offense and to be dominant on defense at the same time. If that ever happens Miami could be Champs.

Sure they are.

Eagles are more consistent with Hurt then Mariota. Though Mariota moves well, he is not the running option Hurt brings. Eagles actually fall a bit if Hurt can't go.

Ravens identity is Jackson, he gets hurt,
Tyler Huntley will not be able to continue what Jackson can do at QB. Ravens would suffer even bigger loss then Eagles.

Cowboys have shown lately to be more of a run at you team, with great Defense, but Prescott is the reason their not one dementional, he goes down, bringing in Trey Lance, the Cowboys would be very one dementional, and much easier to defend.

Finally 49ers are a very well coached team, but what Purdy has been doing has been unreal, and if you think
Darnold can replicate it, you will find out how wrong you are.

No matter what, it's a passing league, so even running teams need a passing game to get their running game to work, and very few Backup can do for their team what the starters can...especially good teams.
Good post. There are some really idiotic takes in this thread, every single good team in the league is highly dependent on their QB - except maybe the Browns this year.

Put the backups in and all the teams - including the Dolphins - are toast.

Back
Top Bottom