Are the Miami Dolphins Good Enough to Make a Championship Run? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are the Miami Dolphins Good Enough to Make a Championship Run?

1st in total Offense and 12th in D, yeah we are good enough.
IMO, yardage is a terrible metric as it proves zero context. My concern is that our defense continues to put us in a hole early and the offense has been sloppy since the Eagles game. To me, fixing our self inflicted wounds is critical for a playoff run. We can’t beat good teams putting up 422 yards, with 3 INTs on defense, while limping to 20 points.

Yes we are good enough to make a serious run. Along w the Chiefs and Ravens. And even the Bills if they can get back into it (hope not). Oh and don’t sleep on the Jags.

After 10 games, that's the main question for the Miami Dolphins.

The Dolphins are 7-3, with Buffalo chasing at 6-5. The next four games are favorable. Certainly possible that the team gets to 10-4 or 11-3 for a final stretch that includes Dallas, Baltimore and Buffalo.

Meanwhile, the Bills have the Chiefs, Eagles, Cowboys and Dolphins. That final game against Buffalo may be inconsequential.

Miami has the opportunity to win the division, which is huge in terms of seeding, home game(s) etc.

We've seen the explosion on offense, the defense has been dominant over the last several games. Ramsey has made a huge difference on that side of the ball.

Hopefully, Achane's injury is mild as he was a big part of the early season success. The Dolphins are relatively healthy by NFL standards.

We've also seen a team that makes too many mistakes, has too frequently lost the turnover battle etc. Third and short, fourth and short is a challenge.

So, is Miami good enough to challenge for a championship?

Yes, I'm prejudiced, but starter for starter, Miami has the most O talent in the AFC. With the D arriving, Miami clearly is "good enough."
The problem, however, isn't talent. Injuries matter SOME. But other teams have injuries and do rather well. Miscues matter SOME. As is said here often, good teams can overcome miscues as Miami did the 1st few games.
I know this will annoy some, but a majority of the problem is Mcd. Playcalling seems stuck in a rut. 'well, he has to run outside because of OL injuries.' Ummm, until he calls inside runs that work. Ds have adjusted to his playcalling, but he refuses to adjust. Except bubbles. He appears stuck in Sept '23. 'But these plays ALWAYS work. I know, I'll try it again.'
What I find frustrating is he doesn't come up with a game plan in a closet. He has staff who watch the next opponent and staff that self-scout the O. None of them have said 'hey, Mike, here's how to adjust?'
That is the frustration I and others have. The talent is there. The D has arrived. Forget about TH's 2k and spread the ball. It IS legal to use the 1st 10 yds past the LOS. It's legal to use rubs and slants. It's legal for TEs to chip and release. Very frustrating to see talent go unused.

Ofcourse they’re good enough.

They have on paper and on the field all the pieces needed.

Now will they?

McD 3/4 and 1 play calling is driving me crazy.

IMO, yardage is a terrible metric as it proves zero context. My concern is that our defense continues to put us in a hole early and the offense has been sloppy since the Eagles game. To me, fixing our self inflicted wounds is critical for a playoff run. We can’t beat good teams putting up 422 yards, with 3 INTs on defense, while limping to 20 points.

Defense:

GamesPoints per GameAve. Yards per gameRushing ave yard per gamePass ave. yards per gameTurnoversSacks
First 429.837511925155
Last 619.8283.582.620087

If the O can't over come these numbers, IDK what to tell you.

Man, if only the Dolphins had a team of experts that knew more than the average fan to help them figure everything out.

you don’t think anyone with a brain thinks Tua is one of the best QBs in the NFL?

Ok. You’re entitled to your opinion.
What the hell you think this board is for? Opinions. If you don’t think so…then quit posting yours.

Yes, the Dolphins are good enough to make a championship run, but the stars would need to align. Talent-wise, though, certainly good enough. Not a favorite, though. Haven't proven they can be consistently competitive with the best competition let alone beat it.

Ok maybe not the 49ers. I'm not a big believer in Purdy's success being organic because that system and roster would make any mediocre game manager look successful. The Eagles, Ravens and Cowboys would be finished without Hurts, Jackson and Dak, though.
It would be a blessing if our QB went down. I believe our backup is better.

Not really...Eagles, Ravens, Cowboys and 49ers not as QB-dependent as us

Not 1 of those teams remain legit Super Bowl contenders without Hurts, LJ, Dak, and Purdy. Unless you believe that Kyle can make a winner out of Darnold, which isn’t entirely out of the question but there certainly isn’t enough there to project.

Don't think we're quite in the top tier with the likes of KC, Philly and SF. Those are clearly a step ahead of the league IMO. Doesn't mean we can't beat them in a 1 game sample though.

Back
Top Bottom