Are the Miami Dolphins Good Enough to Make a Championship Run? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are the Miami Dolphins Good Enough to Make a Championship Run?

Roster wise, yes.
Head Coach is not a SB coach at the moment.
Defense is evolving weekly. The offense looks lost and the man calling the plays seems completely confused - defenses are scheming against it and he has no idea how to adapt - its hugely concerning.

If we get shut down on Friday, the concern level will rocket. Yes, the Jets D is excellent but got worked by the Bills
430 yards of offense with four starters out is pretty good

If we can stop turning the ball over that would be great

What we need to look at are four things.

Number one is consistency. There is only one team in the entire NFL that has been consistent enough to be a force almost every game and that team plays in the NFC (Eagles). The rest has played really bad games against inferior teams.

Number two is health and dependency on certain players. Every team depends on their QB, but we are 100% dependent on Hill, if both Tua and Hill are healthy we have a chance. We have none of they aren’t.

Number three is home field advantage. It is so hard to win on the road against good teams. And it’s not only weather, look at the Bills struggling when visiting the Jets and the Patriots at they are used to cold weather. You want to have a chance, you simply need to put yourself in a position we’re you can have home field advantage. It is almost imposible to win two road games on playoffs

In a playoff game against a good opponent, eventually getting it right after being late to adjust will cost you the football game. Is there a reason why this coaching staff can't get it right from the first play when playing against a good team?
Good point. I think it comes down to adjusting if the original game plan isn't working. And adjusting quickly.

Teams are taking away the deep game, or trying to. That's every team's strategy against Miami. I think McDaniel is trying to force that sometimes.

Lots of good posts here about being more patient, taking advantage of what the defense is giving. The running game should really strive with safeties playing deeper. Start winning the time of possession big time etc. I think the big plays will still be there, but it's not going to be Denver.

Dolphins are definitely good enough to contend for a title. If you disagree, I’m not sure what you’re watching. The key to getting to the super bowl is getting at least the #2 seed. Yes we can win a road game in the playoffs but can we win two road games? That’s a tall order for any team. The good news is we should be in prime position to get that #2 seed. If we do, I like our chances.

After 10 games, that's the main question for the Miami Dolphins.

The Dolphins are 7-3, with Buffalo chasing at 6-5. The next four games are favorable. Certainly possible that the team gets to 10-4 or 11-3 for a final stretch that includes Dallas, Baltimore and Buffalo.

Meanwhile, the Bills have the Chiefs, Eagles, Cowboys and Dolphins. That final game against Buffalo may be inconsequential.

Miami has the opportunity to win the division, which is huge in terms of seeding, home game(s) etc.

We've seen the explosion on offense, the defense has been dominant over the last several games. Ramsey has made a huge difference on that side of the ball.

Hopefully, Achane's injury is mild as he was a big part of the early season success. The Dolphins are relatively healthy by NFL standards.

We've also seen a team that makes too many mistakes, has too frequently lost the turnover battle etc. Third and short, fourth and short is a challenge.

So, is Miami good enough to challenge for a championship?
Not concerned about the offense or defense but I am a little concerned with our ST. Not nitpicking but we already know about Sanders kicking issues but Bailey has been shaky too.

Right now the Chiefs,Jags, Ravens, Bills have a shot at making a SB run. We should be included in that group.
This will come down to who is the healthiest team going forward. And who plays better in the second half of the season.

In terms of star players....

Hell Yes.

The Dolphins star players match up to any other team in football.

Can theyclean up the mistakes... (Including the ones the coaches consistently make) ???

If the answer is yes... Then they can win it all.

They can only advance in the playoffs if the Boy Wonder HC can figure things out with the play calling in critical points in the game. He seems to overthink it and make it a lot harder than it needs to be in short yardage situations. He doesn't seem to have a good feel for the flow of the games and he kills momentum with some questionable calls.
Good post

Things change during the season, so I do not believe in season long stats to measure the current state of the team. Usually, the last three games are a reasonable measure of the current state of the team. Over those 3 games, we are 2-1. We average scoring 21.67 points and allow 17 points. That is winning football. I would be more comfortable with our playoff chances if we were averaging 25 points per game. Some minor changes in coaching decisions probably result in the extra 3.333 points.

Back
Top Bottom