Are The Phins Set In The Secondary? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are The Phins Set In The Secondary?

So Be

Club Member
Reaction score
At CB, we have Grimes, Taylor, Finnegen, Davis, Don Jones, and Stanford. At S, we have Delmas, R Jones, Wilson, and Michael Thomas. We will likely have 5-6 CB's and 4-5 safeties.

Are we good with what we now have going into the season or, do you look for another move or two from FA or the draft.

We can't take a safety at 19. Have you seen our oline. It has to be completely rebuilt. We ended last season without any starters and without any depth. We need to take a tackle or a guard in the first round because we only have 2 starting calibre linemen right now

At CB, we have Grimes, Taylor, Finnegen, Davis, Don Jones, and Stanford. At S, we have Delmas, R Jones, Wilson, and Michael Thomas. We will likely have 5-6 CB's and 4-5 safeties.

Are we good with what we now have going into the season or, do you look for another move or two from FA or the draft.
We also have Jimmy Wilson. He can play at both CB and Safety.

No one is ever set in the secondary.

Resign Patterson and draft another CB as insurance for Finnegan and competition for Taylor and Davis.

We can't take a safety at 19. Have you seen our oline. It has to be completely rebuilt. We ended last season without any starters and without any depth. We need to take a tackle or a guard in the first round because we only have 2 starting calibre linemen right now

I believe we can add a couple of good vets on the OL, and draft an OT in the second. I'm not a big fan of Delmas, and have no idea if Jones will come back to be what he was last year. A play making S like Pryor or Nix would be hard to pass on. See Seattle.

We also have Jimmy Wilson. He can play at both CB and Safety.

Yeah, he is listed and a value player to have in the secondary as well as ST's. I like the guy, and love his story of coming into the NFL.

This logic is how you get a team full of mediocre players and miss on elite talent. Lets pass on Earl Thomas to draft Odrick because we needed a DE in the 3-4. Bad!

Draft BPA and hope it coincides with a need. Now I dont think Pryor or any of the other safeties will be the BPA...and given that we have two starting safeties its not a "need" per say so I agree I dont think they are taking one in the first. Just pointing out that passing up elite players for positions of need is how you miss out on better players and get fired ala Jeffy.

I would also sign Clemons and let him compete with delmas unless clemons wants too much

I would also sign Clemons and let him compete with delmas unless clemons wants too much

I belive Steelers are going after Clemons.

Not sure if he will get more than a one year deal. Guy is a decent starter, not sure why more teams are not looking at him.

That decent logic untill i remember we gave up 60 sacks last season. Pouncy and Albert that's our starting oline. I'm sorry but i think you have to draft for need when you have needs as blaring as the dolphins. What good does getting a new rb do when we have the same turnstal trying to opean up hole. At the rate we are going if the oline isn't fixed soon Ryan Tannehill will only be a greasy spot on the field.

Agree. We need to sign another Fa OL who can pass block. Need to draft a CB cause Finnegan may be finishegan if he gets injured.

Back
Top Bottom