Are The Phins Set In The Secondary? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are The Phins Set In The Secondary?

That decent logic untill i remember we gave up 60 sacks last season. Pouncy and Albert that's our starting oline. I'm sorry but i think you have to draft for need when you have needs as blaring as the dolphins. What good does getting a new rb do when we have the same turnstal trying to opean up hole. At the rate we are going if the oline isn't fixed soon Ryan Tannehill will only be a greasy spot on the field.

At CB, we have Grimes, Taylor, Finnegen, Davis, Don Jones, and Stanford. At S, we have Delmas, R Jones, Wilson, and Michael Thomas. We will likely have 5-6 CB's and 4-5 safeties.

Are we good with what we now have going into the season or, do you look for another move or two from FA or the draft.

Just hope that's not the depth chart. Taylor starting across from grimes would be a nightmare.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

I belive Steelers are going after Clemons.

Not sure if he will get more than a one year deal. Guy is a decent starter, not sure why more teams are not looking at him.

Imho he could blossom in that defense with that coaching staff.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

This logic is how you get a team full of mediocre players and miss on elite talent. Lets pass on Earl Thomas to draft Odrick because we needed a DE in the 3-4. Bad!

Draft BPA and hope it coincides with a need. Now I dont think Pryor or any of the other safeties will be the BPA...and given that we have two starting safeties its not a "need" per say so I agree I dont think they are taking one in the first. Just pointing out that passing up elite players for positions of need is how you miss out on better players and get fired ala Jeffy.

Stating the obvious here. The reason the poster made the remark is because the lack of signing a RT has put in a position where we can't take BPA we have to take Zack Martin. The whole league knows that now. Stupid really, unless they have something up their sleeve to sign a vet RT of starting quality, then that gives us the flexibility to take BPA. Also what you are advocating goes against what the original person said which was take a safety at 19, again you put yourself in a position to take BPA, not RT or S, but BPA. Unfortunately because we haven't done enough we are not in that position.

i think we need another vet a cb to push the young guys and matybe draft a saftty 4-6th round

Jamar Taylor is going to surprise so many of you. Finnegan will be sick in the slot and Wilson likely the dime. Barring injuries I'm running with that. Taylor got to learn all last year from Patterson and grimes, he will be ready. Book it.

Jamar Taylor is going to surprise so many of you. Finnegan will be sick in the slot and Wilson likely the dime. Barring injuries I'm running with that. Taylor got to learn all last year from Patterson and grimes, he will be ready. Book it.

MizFIT is on point here^^^^^^^^^^^^

-From someone who lived in Boise, watched him play, and thinks he will be a play maker for us...no bias, I do also have the same last name - Taylor, haha...and I did buy my girlfriend a Jamar Taylor jersey to go with my Jason Taylor...so I'm hoping he turns out great so we can have relevant jerseys forever with our same last name ;)

no bias at all.

I don't believe we are 'set' anywhere just yet ... but do believe that the starters are penciled in as it were with Grimes, Taylor, Delmas + Jones (3 in pen and 1 in pencil)

have to believe that the team wouldn"t 'like' Patterson back under friendly contract conditions ... especially with the injury history of Finnegan. this one still surprises me, as both have injury history - and unlike Finnegan, Patterson actually played very well 'when' healthy.

overall, we are sure to pick up/add at least 2-4 more bodies thru the draft, UDFAs and FAs ... it will be very interesting to see how Delmas and Finnegan work out this year (both performance and health) ....

I am interested to see how Taylor, Davis, Thomas and Kovacs do this year ....

If rookies come a long then yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If a player like Calvin Pryor is still there at 19 you absolutely have to consider drafting him. He is a playmaker, a hammer, a gamechanging type of safety. Not only would he immediately help in the run game but would put wood on TE's running routes. Yep, I'd take him. I'd take him before Ebron or maybe even Martin.

If a player like Calvin Pryor is still there at 19 you absolutely have to consider drafting him. He is a playmaker, a hammer, a gamechanging type of safety. Not only would he immediately help in the run game but would put wood on TE's running routes. Yep, I'd take him. I'd take him before Ebron or maybe even Martin.

The would be a nice, but tough choice. I think all three of those players can be elite in the NFL just a matter of what one does more for you. Of the three I think it would come down to Ebron and Pryor, just do you put a higher rating on scoring TD's or stopping them? I think my choice would be the guy that scores and take Ebron over Pryor. I think it's a moot point anyway as not sure either will be there.

The would be a nice, but tough choice. I think all three of those players can be elite in the NFL just a matter of what one does more for you. Of the three I think it would come down to Ebron and Pryor, just do you put a higher rating on scoring TD's or stopping them? I think my choice would be the guy that scores and take Ebron over Pryor. I think it's a moot point anyway as not sure either will be there.

I think I would go with the guy who makes the biggest upgrade to the team, if we agree they can be the same caliber player otherwise. Clay is real good, Ebron would almost be a luxury. Miami's safeties are alright, Pryor would be an immediate upgrade, so I go Pryor. Couldn't go wrong with either. No one wants to try to cover both Clay and Ebron with LB's or safeties and leave our WR running around.

I think I would go with the guy who makes the biggest upgrade to the team, if we agree they can be the same caliber player otherwise. Clay is real good, Ebron would almost be a luxury. Miami's safeties are alright, Pryor would be an immediate upgrade, so I go Pryor. Couldn't go wrong with either. No one wants to try to cover both Clay and Ebron with LB's or safeties and leave our WR running around.

See I would say Ebron gives the offense the bigger missmatch and would give Tannehill a big target that he currently does not have. Clay while had a good year is not a red zone target and I think having Ebron would allow Miami to move Clay to a H-Back where he could even be a bigger missmatch. You could make arguments on both sides and neither right or wrong, just a matter of preference on them.

It is close. I'm also looking at Pryor over Delmas, who I am not a big fan of and will be a FA next year. and Ebron over Clay, who I am a fan of. I also like Sims.

Who do you see being available?

I think that other than maybe a special teamer and a late round pick on safety it is set. Should see some good competition for the #2 spot and the Nickle spot. Probably will go Grimes, Taylor Finnegan but i hope Davis get a fair shot to prove he can play. Davis plays like grimes and just needs to learn the game better and get up to game speed.

Back
Top Bottom