Are the Steelers ripe for upset? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are the Steelers ripe for upset?

I wouldn't say the Steelers are ripe for an upset, but we have as good a chance as anyone of winning that game.

MastR_EvaluatoR said:
People are forgetting the Steelers were around 7-5 at one point last season. As soon as their schedule became a cakewalk with teams like Detroit coming up , they went on a little streak.

Big deal. We're gonna pound em on the 7th

ps- Then they got lucky by destroying Palmer's knee very early in the first playoff game.. Then Tony Dungy's son died late in the season and they lost their first game to san diego right after that with another loss before the playoffs.. The Colts were a different team after his kid died, it had a profound effect on that team and they weren't the same, it showed clearly late in the regular season before the playoffs.

This Pittsburgh team won't make the postseason in 2006 . Mark it down. The most overrated team in the league .

I'm glad you're not a member of our coaching staff...lol. Just kidding man!

You can never underestimate your opponent and you are giving absolutely no credit to what the Steelers did last year and what kind of defense they have. Do you remember the refs trying to give the Colts-Steelers game to the Colts with some horrific calls? They overcame all that and made it to the Super Bowl and won. I see this lack of respect to a good Steelers team the same way I see the people that don't give credit to the 1972 Dolphins because "they had a really weak schedule" or "they were just lucky".

That being said, I believe we will win, but it will be a smash mouth, hard-fought game and it won't be a cakewalk like some here have posted.

All I know is this. If the Steelers are taking Miami lightly, they are in for a very very rude awakening.

I cannot tell you how a win at the super bowl winners field will do for the confidence of this team.. A win here can immediately propel this team into another category over the next few years.. I truly believe this is bigger than just a regular season game here.. Just think of the psychological impact.. Saban is a psychological coach and a motivator, I am sure he sees what I am saying here and he will do everything necessary in his power to have Miami totally prepared for this one.

This is the biggest game for Miami over the last couple of years IMO. It will be absolutely huge if we can pull out a win next week.

MastR_EvaluatoR said:
All I know is this. If the Steelers are taking Miami lightly, they are in for a very very rude awakening.

I cannot tell you how a win at the super bowl winners field will do for the confidence of this team.. A win here can immediately propel this team into another category over the next few years.. I truly believe this is bigger than just a regular season game here.. Just think of the psychological impact.. Saban is a psychological coach and a motivator, I am sure he sees what I am saying here and will do everything necessary to have Miami totally prepared for this one.

This is the biggest game for Miami over the last couple of years IMO. Absolutely huge if we can pull out a win next week.

I totally agree with what you just said, but I don't think the Steelers or Bill Cowher will be taking us lightly. I remember during the offseason Bill Cowher had nothing but praise for Coach Saban and what he's doing in Miami. I think he respects Saban's Dolphins because Nick Saban is molding them into the same kind of hard-nosed, mentally tough teams the Steelers have been.

There is no way the Steelers win this game. Mark my words. Saban and company will be ready for this game and the Steelers will be celebrating there previous years Super Bowl Victory, recieving thier rings and all of the hoopla. The Dolphins D will be like a hungry pack of wolfs ready to devour the Pit offensive line and get to big Ben even if he is wearing a helmet out on the field he will feel the pain. I can see it now "Big Daddy" Wilkinson coming from one side and Jason Taylor storming the other. Oh SH*t I am getting very excited right now. Can you omagine how the Fins will feel that day..........:evil:

Not to mention our nice stellar offensive weapons (C-Pep, Brown, Chambers, McMike, Booker, Barnes or Beasly), if Houck gets the Oline in check and special teams hold their ground this game will be a slaughter.

FinFan_Est.1984 said:
There is no way the Steelers win this game. Mark my words. Saban and company will be ready for this game and the Steelers will be celebrating there previous years Super Bowl Victory, recieving thier rings and all of the hoopla. The Dolphins D will be like a hungry pack of wolfs ready to devour the Pit offensive line and get to big Ben even if he is wearing a helmet out on the field he will feel the pain. I can see it now "Big Daddy" Wilkinson coming from one side and Jason Taylor storming the other. Oh SH*t I am getting very excited right now. Can you omagine how the Fins will feel that day..........:evil:

Not to mention our nice stellar offensive weapons (C-Pep, Brown, Chambers, McMike, Booker, Barnes or Beasly), if Houck gets the Oline in check and special teams hold their ground this game will be a slaughter.

I agree 100%

I don't think it will be an upset. We are the better team IMO and their SB needs an * beside it because of those terrible officials. Throw in the fact that lost lost 2 o-lineman and some of their secondary along with the Bus and theior best passer( RAndle El) and I don't think it should be called an upset. They have a greta D and a stagnent O while we should have an explosive O with a great D. As long as our ST's don't blow it we should win easily IMO.

FinFan_Est.1984 said:
I dont see what some people are scared about. :dolphins:

Huh ? Who's scared ? That word is not in my vocabulary. And thankfully we have a coach now where that word is not in his either.

G-Force said:
I don't think it will be an upset. We are the better team IMO and their SB needs an * beside it because of those terrible officials. Throw in the fact that lost lost 2 o-lineman and some of their secondary along with the Bus and theior best passer( RAndle El) and I don't think it should be called an upset. They have a greta D and a stagnent O while we should have an explosive O with a great D. As long as our ST's don't blow it we should win easily IMO.

They still have a good O-line. Ben Roethlisberger is a pretty good QB and he has a lot of intangibles.
However, the Dolphins do look like a more talented team across the board and appear to be deeper than the Steelers.
I think the Steelers will be pumped, and so will their fans. If the Phins play tight in the 1st half or turn the ball over they will have a hard time winning this game.
I'm hoping the Phins come out playing loose and with a chip on their shoulder.

jlfin said:
They still have a good O-line. Ben Roethlisberger is a pretty good QB and he has a lot of intangibles.
However, the Dolphins do look like a more talented team across the board and appear to be deeper than the Steelers.
I think the Steelers will be pumped, and so will their fans. If the Phins play tight in the 1st half or turn the ball over they will have a hard time winning this game.

Good observation.. Yeah, the fins have to go into Pittsburgh like they went into Tennessee 4 years ago on opening day the following season after Tenn was in the super bowl. It's the same circumstance now.. Miami had a chip on their shoulder in that game and were very loose.. And we kicked their arses up and down the field all night long.. It wasn't even close in that one.

Yes, they do still have a good O-Line.. But the good news is a strength we have is our D-Line and the 8-man rotations we can use.. So their biggest strength isn't even a real advantage for them. Taylor, Carter, Wilkinson, Bowens, Traylor, Holliday and the crew on the D-Line will be pumped considering they are the leaders on D and they will set the tone ..

jlfin said:
They do every year. Remeber the Broncos was a SB favorite till they opened against us.:lol: Rothlisburger only throws 14 times a game for a reason and I really doubt no matter how good their o-line is that they will have success against our front 4. I am psyced and ready to watch us dominate on both sides of the ball.

Back
Top Bottom