Are We Done If We Lose Tonight? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are We Done If We Lose Tonight?

Canadianfishfan

FinHeavean VIP
Reaction score
Been listing to interviews with Alex Marvez and Jeff Darlington on WQAM. Marvez in particular said that if they lose this game, that the season is effectively over for the Dolphins.

Yesterday I was thinking similarly the same thing from a psyche standpoint (sorry for the Wannstedt pun!) I believe if the Dolphins have to come out with all guns blazing. Both teams are motivated. Both teams NEED this win. Both teams have glaring weaknesses that can be exploited, and personally, I don't think there is a "gimme" game anywhere left on the schedule after the way we've played the last few weeks.

Discuss.

Yes. No question.

And the honest truth is, the season might damn well be over even if the team wins tonight.

''officially'', no, realistically yes.

the colts and pats play eachother this week,and one of them would then be 3 games up on us, while the other will still be 2. if the colts were to win, say goodbye to wildcard, and if the pats win, say goodbye to division.

basically just ****ing take care of the buffalo bills and will be alive. we still technically control our own destiny

''officially'', no, realistically yes.

the colts and pats play eachother this week,and one of them would then be 3 games up on us, while the other will still be 2. if the colts were to win, say goodbye to wildcard, and if the pats win, say goodbye to division.

basically just ****ing take care of the buffalo bills and will be alive. we still technically control our own destiny

You're forgetting the second wildcard which is very much in play for several teams, including Miami.

You're forgetting the second wildcard which is very much in play for several teams, including Miami.
ya i guess, but whats our deal with pittsburgh? do we have the tiebreaker over them? if big ben is out for a long duration we can possibly sneak in, but if he only misses a few games, i still think pitt gets that 2nd spot.

8-8 realistically... Sucks when you have to play well and you play like they did the past 2 weeks.

Not to sound negative but I think our season is already over regarless of tonight and here's why. At 4-5 we pretty much need to finish the season at no worst than 6-1. It's going to take 10 wins imo to get in. Now I know everything's posible but I've been realistic here. I don't believe we have enough talent to win 6 out of 7 when you consider the teams we have yet to play. But not everything is a loss. I like our rookie QB and I'd also like to see Miller, Vernon and maybe even Egnew at some point get more playing time. Hard to believe that is only november and yet, I know lots of people are already think about free agency and the draft including me.

Ozzy rules!!

We were 'done' when we lost to 2 teams that were very beatable, now after we play the Jill's we get some real teams that have the template.

Yes -- if it's not over already (losing to the Jets, Cardinals, and Titans-- all wretched football teams-- will do that).

I'm pretty sure we are "done" already. All I really want to see at this point is our QB and offense evolve weekly, and evaluate the rest of the team.

ya i guess, but whats our deal with pittsburgh? do we have the tiebreaker over them? if big ben is out for a long duration we can possibly sneak in, but if he only misses a few games, i still think pitt gets that 2nd spot.

Its not just Rothlesberger that is out. Antonio Brown, Mendenhall and Palamalu are all injured and the defense has aged. Like the Pats, the Steelers are fading and I would not consider them a lock for the playoffs.

Its not just Rothlesberger that is out. Antonio Brown, Mendenhall and Palamalu are all injured and the defense has aged. Like the Pats, the Steelers are fading and I would not consider them a lock for the playoffs.

Steeler's fading? They have won 4 straight games.
Even when Big ben was out a couple years ago Charlie batch came in and led them to 3-1 record. They are not missing the playoffs.

We were done when we lost to team we should have beaten. mathematically still alive but thats about it.

Back
Top Bottom