Are We Done If We Lose Tonight? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are We Done If We Lose Tonight?

folks we are not making the playoffs

Quite honestly, I'm not sure I want us to make the playoffs. I don't like the idea of one and done at all! I'm not sure who realistically we could beat in the playoffs?

steelers were gifted that kc game in the 4th quarter...gifted...from the bogus holding call on the td catch and run by bowe which was horrendous on the left tackle to the awful offensive pi call on moeaki on a big catch...had the chiefs been given credit for that td of bowes there's no way sorry leftwich could have lead that steelers team down for 6...b/t the last thursday night game colts/jags and that monday nighter the officiating has been as one sided and in the pocket of some teams as ever...

anyways bergers injury does keep us in things...that and the steelers play the ravens like two of the next 3 weeks...but losing today means our goose is cooked...losing last week to that awful titans team was as bad a loss as i can recall...worse than the ones when we knew we were gonna lose in years past...

I want to see progress. Nothing of the sort last week.

You can't lose that game against the Colts and expect to be a playoff team. That's foolish. We not only ****ed up our playoff hopes but lowered the value of the draft pick traded. It was the ultimate "Dolphins" thing to do, really. Impossible to shoot yourself in the foot even worse.

Steelers will get whatever calls they need to make the playoffs. It is the Steelers.

sure looked that way last monday...i'm telling you that holding call in space on alberts was awful...the chiefs caught em in a bad d for the play and the lt made a terrific play to get out there in space and got hozed...

Um, no we aren't "DONE" as some say. We are only 2 games out of the division lead with 4 games against division opponents left to include the division leader. The Bills should have beaten the Patriots this past weekend, they aren't the powerhouse that everyone still makes them out to be....until we are mathematically eliminated we are still in it.

We are only 2 games out of the division lead with 4 games against division opponents left to include the division leader

But to make up any ground on the divison leader we would need to sweep them. Splitting with them still leaves you 2 games back.
When was the last time we swept the Patriots? You have to go back to the 2000 season before Brady was starting.

Yes. The shoe ins from the AFC are NE, BALT, DEN, HOU, and most likely PIT. That only leaves one wild card spot. Indy is in the lead for that but it is still open. Miami has to finish with no more than 6 losses to stand a chance. If they lose tonight that gives them 6 and there is no way they win out.

Been listing to interviews with Alex Marvez and Jeff Darlington on WQAM. Marvez in particular said that if they lose this game, that the season is effectively over for the Dolphins.

Yesterday I was thinking similarly the same thing from a psyche standpoint (sorry for the Wannstedt pun!) I believe if the Dolphins have to come out with all guns blazing. Both teams are motivated. Both teams NEED this win. Both teams have glaring weaknesses that can be exploited, and personally, I don't think there is a "gimme" game anywhere left on the schedule after the way we've played the last few weeks.

Discuss.

The truth is, our team is simply too flawed to go anywhere even if we did sneak into the playoffs somehow. We'd be one and done. We need another offseason to fill gaping holes on our team. Then we need to take the next step after that, which is making the playoffs.

I just want to win tonight. We got ahead of ourselves a bit by talking playoffs and the team has been a let down the past two weeks. Win tonight is all that matters.

11 and 5 will get us in.. That's what we must shoot for! Eye of the tiger from here on out..EYE OF THE TIGER!!

Lose tonite and its over johnny. Win tonite and we're very much alive, at least for 1 more week.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

I wouldn't necessarily say we're done but it's a certainly a game we really need to win.

Back
Top Bottom