Are we fired up or what?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we fired up or what??

Fin-Loco

Grilling Chicken Little
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
It's 94 hours until the game against the Titans! How psyched are we? I am so stoked about having the Phins back on every week. I know some of us wanted Feeley starting and that we all wish #34 would get in a time machine and do a big do-over.

But it's almost football time. Even the ads are enjoyable during a football game. Every slice of pizza has more flavor. Every beer feels 10 degrees colder than normal. It's 12:30 you're watching the pre-game (without Deion thank god) having a cold one while waiting for your buddies to arrive. Your wife has been hitting the gym all off season and is now fitting into that dolphins cheerleader out fit just right (replace wife with girlfriend if she's over 50 for fantasies sake).

12:58...you've hit the head for the final time pre-game. Your buddies are there. Your wife's there serving beer and ready to watch the game while sitting next to you. The cbs logo spirals onto the screen between the titles of Miami Dolphins and Tenesee Titans. They show Chambers warming up.........All is right in the world! The first football game is about to begin.

My blood is pumping just thinking about it. G_D D@MN I love the Miami Dolphins. I can't wait!

Whos with me?

Hmmm...how will you feel come 4:00 when the Fins are possibly down 31-3?

How will you feel when we lose 5 of the first 7 games of the season?

Not negative - just realistic.

Yeah, I'm gonna be watching, but if the Dolphins go 8-8 this year I will be shocked.

baracuda said:

Yeah, I'm gonna be watching, but if the Dolphins go 8-8 this year I will be shocked.
I'll be sh*t faced drunk by then! It won't matter! I'm just pumped that Miami Dolphin Football is back!

baracuda said:

Realistic, and you know this "reality" how?? Way to be positive!
Can you say buzz kill :mad:

baracuda said:

Buzz-kill.

I was so psyched to see my favorite team start an offense from scratch and then Fiedler got named the starter, I'm still kind of excited.

im fired up i just hope ivan takes a turn cause they might cancel week 1 now that would suck.

baracuda said:

You're wrong 'Cuda. You are being negative. If you want to be pessimistic that's your deal and I respect that. You don't need to circulate your angry swill on my thread that is solely aimed at us getting excited. You may be a Phins fan but you sure are a negative one.

BALLS DEEP said:
I am so stoked about having the Phins back on every week.

Every slice of pizza has more flavor. Every beer feels 10 degrees colder than normal. It's 12:30 you're watching the pre-game (without Deion thank god) having a cold one while waiting for your buddies to arrive.

...you've hit the head for the final time pre-game. Your buddies are there. Your wife's there serving beer and ready to watch the game while sitting next to you.

The cbs logo spirals onto the screen between the titles of Miami Dolphins and Tenesee Titans. They show Chambers warming up.........All is right in the world! The first football game is about to begin.

My blood is pumping just thinking about it. G_D D@MN I love the Miami Dolphins. I can't wait!

Whos with me?

I am! Forget the bickering - this is why we are all Fins Fans! Rejoice!

Negative = your word.
Realistic = my word.

Your word against mine.

We'll see whose word means something come Sunday at about 4:18 pm. I'll be watching, hoping, waiting, but knowing deep down inside that this team doesn't have a prayer this year.

realistic = your word
opinion = my word

thats what you think, you have no idea whats gonna happen ms cleo, so keep your opinion to yourself in our thread getting F-ING PUMPED FOR THE SEASON TO START...

im so excited, just the fact that football will be back and its another season of excitment for our dolphins!!

baracuda said:
Negative = your word.
Realistic = my word.

Your word against mine.

We'll see whose word means something come Sunday at about 4:18 pm. I'll be watching, hoping, waiting, but knowing deep down inside that this team doesn't have a prayer this year.
Damn baracuda... what makes you so friggin "realistic"... we went to the playoffs 3 years ago w/out ricky, w/out boston, w/out dan as vp... why are we so screwed this year? Lamar Gordon can't be any worse than Lamar Smith or Abdul-Jabr... and now we even have a better receiving corp, better defense... being realist sucks man... just have hope.

By realistic, do you mean stupid?.

Because right now our offence looks pretty damn good, and so does our D. I have some questions about our O-line, but besides that, the past week or two has made us look hot.

baracuda said:

i can see where you are coming from, but
there is nothing 'realistic' about the dolphins going 7-9.
in the past 24 years, the dolphins have had one losing season with, as some will argue, worse teams than this.

but to answer your question, i'll feel the same way i did when the jets kept finding the way to beat us, when we kept getting creamed in the second round of the playoffs, and when dan hurt his achilles; there will be good things to watch this weekend: there will be passing, there will be marty booker, a runningback-by-committee, a new oline, an older randy mcmichael, new positional coaching, a rejuvinated p/ls/k team, and perhaps even a new qb. there are a lot of people out there who are getting their shot out of the blue to contribute something o this team. some people are going to step up and earn their spot on this team. Some of these changes are going to be the first steps in the right direction for the fins we've had in a while.

i think we all agreed something had to change at the beginning of this season. it may have happened by taking two steps back first, but by the end of this season, hopefully we'll be well on our way forward.

Back
Top Bottom