Are we fired up or what?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we fired up or what??

Watching dolphins lose is like having bad pizza even when its bad its Good. I am so with you.

HERE's TO FOOTBALL (instert coors girls here)

baracuda said:
Negative = your word.
Realistic = my word.

Your word against mine.

What the hell does this have to do with getting pumped up for the first game not to mention your word as far as anybody's "WORD" at this moment is pure speculation so with you saying your word is more realistic than anyone elses just proves you dont know what your talking about, either that or you live in a world where you think that your opinions are better than someone elses.

I never said I didn't have hope. But being blindly optimistic is not my style. I'd rather think this team doesn't have a prayer and watch them win 10 games, versus thinking they are contenders and then watch them go 6-10.

At least if I think they are a 6-10 team I won't be totally despondent come December again when they are competing for the first pick in the draft.

My expectations are ZERO this year, which means that anything they do positive makes me feel good, and anything they do bad is expected.

So in my mind when Fiedler throws an INT with 3 minutes to go in the Titans game and it gets returned for the winning touchdown I can just click off the TV and say, "OH well, just what I expected." I won't be upset, despondent, or unnerved.

Meanwhile, in your house of roses you'll be bitterly pissed and psychotic when the Fins go down in flames this year. You'll be an annoying PITA to be around and will make everyone around you miserable once reality sets in.

It's all good to me if they win. If they lose, oh well.
It's all bad to you if they lose. It they win, you expected it.

So at the end of a 6-10 team who fares better? You - who has playoff expectations, or me - who has first pick in the draft expectations. I'll be happy with a team that finishes at 7-9, and meanwhile, you'll be seething because this team underachieved (in your book) and finished 9-7 again and just out of the playoffs.

Realism to me is when you have no expectations and achieve good things. Negativism is when you bash the team for no reason and still expect them to do good.

Omaha_Dolfan said:
What the hell does this have to do with getting pumped up for the first game not to mention your word as far as anybody's "WORD" at this moment is pure speculation so with you saying your word is more realistic than anyone elses just proves you dont know what your talking about, either that or you live in a world where you think that your opinions are better than someone elses.
You seriously need to get a life. I don't take this near as serious as you do. To me it's a game. To you - god knows. :shakeno:

baracuda said:
I never said I didn't have hope. But being blindly optimistic is not my style. I'd rather think this team doesn't have a prayer and watch them win 10 games, versus thinking they are contenders and then watch them go 6-10.

At least if I think they are a 6-10 team I won't be totally despondent come December again when they are competing for the first pick in the draft.

My expectations are ZERO this year, which means that anything they do positive makes me feel good, and anything they do bad is expected.

So in my mind when Fiedler throws an INT with 3 minutes to go in the Titans game and it gets returned for the winning touchdown I can just click off the TV and say, "OH well, just what I expected." I won't be upset, despondent, or unnerved.
That is the very defenition of pessemistic. Expecting the worst. That's what you are doing. Your expectations are not zero...they're below it. It's a cop out when people expect the worst so they aren't dissapointed. It's cowardly. Grow some peas and root hard for your team. You don't have to scream Super Bowl, but you can be positive.

I'm with you bro! I have four daughters 12, 10, 4,and 2.Three of them have cheerleader outfits and my 10 year old will have her 54 zach thomas jersey to go along with my 99 jason taylor jersey. I'm pumped like you won't believe!!
Go Phins!!this year there's no super bowl hipe so they might actually go!!
Have fun!!!
PS I live in L.A. but I'll be at Rams game in OCT

baracuda said:

Meanwhile, in your house of roses you'll be bitterly pissed and psychotic when the Fins go down in flames this year. You'll be an annoying PITA to be around and will make everyone around you miserable once reality sets in.

It's all good to me if they win. If they lose, oh well.
It's all bad to you if they lose. It they win, you expected it.

So at the end of a 6-10 team who fares better? You - who has playoff expectations, or me - who has first pick in the draft expectations. I'll be happy with a team that finishes at 7-9, and meanwhile, you'll be seething because this team underachieved (in your book) and finished 9-7 again and just out of the playoffs.

Realism to me is when you have no expectations and achieve good things. Negativism is when you bash the team for no reason and still expect them to do good.

:shakeno:
So basically your worried about you repetation on the Finheaven.com message board. I'll be "realistic" like you Ms. Cleo, and say that your four favorite words for the season will be "I TOLD YOU SO!!!!" Thats real brave, and way to show pride and dedication to this franchise!!!

BALLS DEEP said:
Are we fired up or what??
It's 94 hours until the game against the Titans! How psyched are we? I am so stoked about having the Phins back on every week. I know some of us wanted Feeley starting and that we all wish #34 would get in a time machine and do a big do-over.

But it's almost football time. Even the ads are enjoyable during a football game. Every slice of pizza has more flavor. Every beer feels 10 degrees colder than normal. It's 12:30 you're watching the pre-game (without Deion thank god) having a cold one while waiting for your buddies to arrive. Your wife has been hitting the gym all off season and is now fitting into that dolphins cheerleader out fit just right (replace wife with girlfriend if she's over 50 for fantasies sake).

12:58...you've hit the head for the final time pre-game. Your buddies are there. Your wife's there serving beer and ready to watch the game while sitting next to you. The cbs logo spirals onto the screen between the titles of Miami Dolphins and Tenesee Titans. They show Chambers warming up.........All is right in the world! The first football game is about to begin.

My blood is pumping just thinking about it. G_D D@MN I love the Miami Dolphins. I can't wait!

Whos with me?
Got to agree with you, I can't wait. I still have faith that this team will be Competitive..If the team the pats were able to put on the Field last year could win a Superbowl, why the Heck could this team not at the very least reach the playoffs? I am ready for some football. :woot:

bakedmatt said:
Negative = their word.
Realistic = your word.
Dork = my word.
Immature juvenile moron = my opinion. :shakeno:

I could be Bill Gates offering you an inheritance of $1 million a year, and you just pissed it away!

Dolphins12thMan said:
:shakeno:
So basically your worried about you repetation on the Finheaven.com message board. I'll be "realistic" like you Ms. Cleo, and say that your four favorite words for the season will be "I TOLD YOU SO!!!!" Thats real brave, and way to show pride and dedication to this franchise!!!
I don't have a reputation to uphold, especially to a bunch of worthless clowns. :D

baracuda said:
Negative = your word.
Realistic = my word.

Your word against mine.

We'll see whose word means something come Sunday at about 4:18 pm. I'll be watching, hoping, waiting, but knowing deep down inside that this team doesn't have a prayer this year.

If you think you are right, then you have not watched many Dolphins seasons, can you actually remember the last time Miami had an 8-8 season?

Better yet, can you actually tell me you remember the last time Miami had a worse the 8-8 season?

And in all those season, there have been way less talented teams then This one that Miami have this year, and add to that, we will not have as tough a schedule (On paper anyway) this year, as we have had in the past.......Now everyone rejoice, and let us party for the NFL season is about to begin.

:rockon::guitar: :party: :chug: :mdfin: :happydrin :beerbang: :cpatch: :dj: :rockon:

baracuda said:
Hmmm...how will you feel come 4:00 when the Fins are possibly down 31-3?

How will you feel when we lose 5 of the first 7 games of the season?

Not negative - just realistic.

Yeah, I'm gonna be watching, but if the Dolphins go 8-8 this year I will be shocked.
I dont understand what makes this team so bad this year that you would say we would be 2 - 5??

Whats WORSE about this team than the year they went to the playoffs with Lamar Smith and Fiedler? If anything we are BETTER now then we were back with them..

Other than that, I cant WAIT.... but I hope that the game gets moved to Monday Night, that way theres a chance it will be televised and I can see them beat down on Tennessee!!!!

Back
Top Bottom