Are we fired up or what?? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we fired up or what??

tay0365 said:
If you think you are right, then you have not watched many Dolphins seasons, can you actually remember the last time Miami had an 8-8 season?

Better yet, can you actually tell me you remember the last time Miami had a worse the 8-8 season?

And in all those season, there have been way less talented teams then This one that Miami have this year, and add to that, we will not have as tough a schedule (On paper anyway) this year, as we have had in the past.......Now everyone rejoice, and let us party for the NFL season is about to begin.

:rockon::guitar: :party: :chug: :mdfin: :happydrin :beerbang: :cpatch: :dj: :rockon:
I dont think Miami has been under .500 since 1986.. IIRC

There is no way with our defense(which is looking alot deeper than last year), and a better offensive line than last year(last years line was a disgrace), that this team can't duplicate a 10-6 record, people forget defense wins games. Now that Damien is almost healthy watch out, did you see some of the holoes he opened of for Tomlinson!

what the ---- is this guy talkin bout....
what reason do we have to lose
oline thats it.....and its better than last years line and we won 10
not feidler
not the run game morris and henry will get hot
o yeah our D

seriously all haters keep ur mouth shut til after the game and then say i told u so (this way u will b quiet for a looooooooong time
no time for this
weve all heard it b4

are you ready for some ...............(not quite yet)

baracuda said:
You seriously need to get a life. I don't take this near as serious as you do. To me it's a game. To you - god knows. :shakeno:

--------------------

Realism to me is when you have no expectations and achieve good things. Negativism is when you bash the team for no reason and still expect them to do good.

LOL, I need to get a life? You need to buy a dictionary or define the words your using in your posts because I am sorry my friend but, Realism does not mean what you think it means.

baracuda said:
Hmmm...how will you feel come 4:00 when the Fins are possibly down 31-3?

How will you feel when we lose 5 of the first 7 games of the season?

Not negative - just realistic.

Yeah, I'm gonna be watching, but if the Dolphins go 8-8 this year I will be shocked.
well then if you want to be realistic? lets be realistic...I love my Dolphins...weather they go 16-0 or 0-16....do you understand. Football is back and i dont care how we do. But if we do as bad as you WANT us to do...i'll be looking forward to our high first rounder and next season. But all that is will be done when football season is over

I too love football like crazy.. but at the same time I foam at the mouth for my Phins!
There are alot of reasons to be excited about this team. People count is out because of the offseason distractions.
We have the same or a better defense IMO... and now with the added talent at WR ..and maybe just perhaps.. RW retirement is a blessing. Maybe now defenses have to play more honestly... adjust to whomever the back is on any given play...
Man i cant wait... the only fear I have is the playcalling.

baracuda said:
Negative = your word.
Realistic = my word.

Your word against mine.

We'll see whose word means something come Sunday at about 4:18 pm. I'll be watching, hoping, waiting, but knowing deep down inside that this team doesn't have a prayer this year.

The truth of the matter is that neither of our word really mean jack **** in the great scheme of things related to the Dolphins. I'd like to ask you to take your negativity and go to someone elses thread. Go sell depressing somewhere else we're all stocked up here.

Whatever Boys~ Stop This... Im Pumped For The Week 1 Matchup... It Will Be A Great Test Against A Tough Tennessee Team That Is Well Coached... A Nice Barometer For Our Season, Being Against The "class Of The Afc" And Establishing Ourselves In Front Of Our Home Crowd...

Go Dolphins!!!!

baracuda said:
I never said I didn't have hope. But being blindly optimistic is not my style. I'd rather think this team doesn't have a prayer and watch them win 10 games, versus thinking they are contenders and then watch them go 6-10.

At least if I think they are a 6-10 team I won't be totally despondent come December again when they are competing for the first pick in the draft.

My expectations are ZERO this year, which means that anything they do positive makes me feel good, and anything they do bad is expected.

So in my mind when Fiedler throws an INT with 3 minutes to go in the Titans game and it gets returned for the winning touchdown I can just click off the TV and say, "OH well, just what I expected." I won't be upset, despondent, or unnerved.

Meanwhile, in your house of roses you'll be bitterly pissed and psychotic when the Fins go down in flames this year. You'll be an annoying PITA to be around and will make everyone around you miserable once reality sets in.

It's all good to me if they win. If they lose, oh well.
It's all bad to you if they lose. It they win, you expected it.

So at the end of a 6-10 team who fares better? You - who has playoff expectations, or me - who has first pick in the draft expectations. I'll be happy with a team that finishes at 7-9, and meanwhile, you'll be seething because this team underachieved (in your book) and finished 9-7 again and just out of the playoffs.

Realism to me is when you have no expectations and achieve good things. Negativism is when you bash the team for no reason and still expect them to do good.
Dude, if you're just going to be a d!ck then don't post. If you want to be negative then go to a negative thread. Don't rain on peoples parade just beacuse you have a crappy demeanor.

That's all the attention I'm willing to pay to you.

TRUDOLFAN54 said:
im fired up i just hope ivan takes a turn cause they might cancel week 1 now that would suck.

Ivan is going to go into the Gulf I think. :D

TexasFinFan said:
I dont think Miami has been under .500 since 1986.. IIRC

In 1988, they were 6-10.

But like the majority of people here, I can't wait for Sunday! Good, bad or indifferent, I just want the season to begin. I think that Rick Spielman has done a very good job filling in the holes left by Ricky's retirement and Boston's injury, and I'm really, really, really anxious to see how the team responds to the off-season tumult on the field this Sunday. I'm realistic about the team's chances this year, but nonetheless, this weekend can't come fast enough for me.

The anticipation is KILLING me.

Michael

baracuda said:
I don't have a reputation to uphold, especially to a bunch of worthless clowns. :D

:up: You rock!

Its cool to be hyped up for the season and love to watch football for the sake of football, but its just stupid to expect a playoff year for the fins. I respect you guys for hanging with ur team even though its all going to hell, but those who still think the team is a force in the afc east need a reality check.

I am on the other side of the coin.I believe this teams woes are directly related to the moves this FO has made but I have always been and always will be a Dolphin fan and when the game starts I will be cheering as loud as anyone.

baracuda said:
You seriously need to get a life. I don't take this near as serious as you do. To me it's a game. To you - god knows. :shakeno:
Oh, aren't we just the drollest, most disaffected intellectual.

You're like one of those Goth kids - just hanging back, criticizing everything, contributing nothing except your insecurity disguised as "cool," daring nothing meaningful because then you'd be accountable for something.

Whatever man. The team was here before you; it'll be here when you've long since lost interest.

BALLS DEEP said:
It's 94 hours until the game against the Titans! How psyched are we? I am so stoked about having the Phins back on every week. I know some of us wanted Feeley starting and that we all wish #34 would get in a time machine and do a big do-over.

But it's almost football time. Even the ads are enjoyable during a football game. Every slice of pizza has more flavor. Every beer feels 10 degrees colder than normal. It's 12:30 you're watching the pre-game (without Deion thank god) having a cold one while waiting for your buddies to arrive. Your wife has been hitting the gym all off season and is now fitting into that dolphins cheerleader out fit just right (replace wife with girlfriend if she's over 50 for fantasies sake).

12:58...you've hit the head for the final time pre-game. Your buddies are there. Your wife's there serving beer and ready to watch the game while sitting next to you. The cbs logo spirals onto the screen between the titles of Miami Dolphins and Tenesee Titans. They show Chambers warming up.........All is right in the world! The first football game is about to begin.

My blood is pumping just thinking about it. G_D D@MN I love the Miami Dolphins. I can't wait!

Whos with me?
Meanwhile, and Negative Nancies aside...

I AM SO PUMPED FOR THIS SEASON!!!!!

By gametime I will need sedation. Thank God for beer.

Back
Top Bottom