Are we going a little to far about eht FIns this year | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we going a little to far about eht FIns this year

BIG_FISH_RI

BIG_FISH_RI
Reaction score
I joined this site a feww weeks ago and this is my first post. I really enjoy the site and check it daily. I wanted to start this post to see what other fin fans thought about our optomizim for this up coming season. Let me 1st say that I am a huge Fub fan and noboby argue more for the fis then I do. Look at the name I live in NE and all of my friends are Pat's fans. As a mater of fact my best buddy is a scout for the Pats Every x-mas he gives me a bunch of stuff that would be nice if it didn't have the Pat's logo on it. . I love the Fish like any other fan and If you ask me we are going to the big show this year. BUT, are we a little ahead of ourselves for this season. Yeah we had a great rebound from a season prior to last going 9-7 however lets look at the last few games for the last 1/4 stretch of the season.
we got killed by a 3-7 Cleveland team at the time
we beat a losing Oakland team the following week later
followed by a struggleing Buf. team a losing San Diego team (that had a lot to play for at the time - really a good win)
a losing jets team and we sweeked past a playoff bound Pat's team that did not play their starters and had nothing to gain by beating us (hey a win is a win). it could be argued that we really did not beat any team of quality other then SD at the end of the season. Is there really a big reason to be optomistic this year. Just throwing it out there to see what others think.

i think our winning streak last year speaks of our team coming together under a new system. This year players are a little better versed on what Saban wants, have a great improvement at the quarterback position as well as having 2 former head coaches added to our staff. I predict that we do improve but it takes us a few games to get everything working together....

Welcome to the site..we always welcome pics, so post em..and hey 9 and 7 is 9 and 7 however you choose to look at it..it is what it is and that's reasuring following a 4 and 12 season..plus the bottom third of our roster is better as well as some key positions..ie...Qb
Even if we didn't have key additions..optimism is a Dolphin trademark..we are optimistic no matter what!!!

We have uprgraded at different positions, and are getting younger and faster on defense. Say what you want about the teams Miami beat, but Miami in the past seemed to struggle in December even if they were "bad" teams. With Wanny and Johnson the team faded. I like what I see, I think you could be optimistic, because Miami has shown that it can win close games and aren't choking like they have, they are adapting Saban's mentality, and they have the talent, just a few more pieces here and there and you have a championship caliber team that knows how to get the job done, which is important, which wasn't present in the past. A mentaly tough or tougher team, plus with talent. Therefore, there is a reason for such optimism. Predicting a superbowl might be to much at this time, but I don't think it would next season, and you never this season either though, but I would just not get to ahead of myself and hope for or predict playoffs or into the second round and see how things shape up during the season.

hey man, we were all pretty optimistic GOING INTO last season. add a winning season onto that already built foundation of optimism, and yeah, we're gonna be pretty confident in this team.

BIG FISH,

GREAT points, and I could not agree more.

However, this year we have a QB, actually two. There is good reason for "cautious" optomism.

SouthBeach1 said:
BIG FISH,

GREAT points, and I could not agree more.

However, this year we have a QB, actually two. There is good reason for "cautious" optomism.

Key words...because other teams have made changes too. We just hope our changes turn out better than other team's changes. But this is the NFL..and on any given Sunday, who's knows..but we still cheer on our phins anyway...but with realistic eyes once the season starts..but for now, we can dream..that's what off season is about for a fan.:D

Quality Of Team

I TOO AM GUARDED ABOUT THIS SEASON BUT I TRULY FEEL THAT WE ARE ON TO SOMETHING GREAT. THE FINS HAVE A PRIDE THAT IS STRONG. OUR BIGGEST PROBLEM WAS THE COACH. DAVE THE DUD IS GONE AND MR. SABAN IS TURNING IT AROUND. THE RIGHT PEOPLE, THE RIGHT COACHES AND I CAN TELL YOU HAVING BEEN AT THE MINI CAMP--A NEW ATTITUDE. LET ALL THE NAY SAYERS TALK--THEY ARE PRAYING THAT THE FINS ARE NOT AS GOOD AS WE SAY THEY WILL BE. ALL I CAN SAY IS PLEASE BRING YOUR "A" GAMES TO MIAMI-CAUSE I DON'T WANT TO HEAR YOU WHINE WHEN THE FINS SEND YOUR SORRY BUTTS PACKIN'. FEAR THE FINS:dolphins:

MD,

I'm not so sure how realistic one can be even after the season starts.

Last year we were good, bad, and indifferent, depending on the game.

Just have to cheer and hope.

corban42 said:
i think our winning streak last year speaks of our team coming together under a new system. This year players are a little better versed on what Saban wants, have a great improvement at the quarterback position as well as having 2 former head coaches added to our staff. I predict that we do improve but it takes us a few games to get everything working together....
I agree with that

SouthBeach1 said:
MD,

I'm not so sure how realistic one can be even after the season starts.

Last year we were good, bad, and indifferent, depending on the game.

Just have to cheer and hope.

I just think we have a better idea of what our team is about after the season starts, right now I don't know all the players who will make up the team. I have my ideas, but have to see that play out. Once we get the 53 man roster and fill in the open battles, then see them play a couple of games, I think we'll know if they can get better or we may have to wait until next year for the dream to materized.

:welcome:

We have plenty of reasons to be optimistic, but as SouthBeach1 said, its best to be cautiously optimistic.

Last years 6 game winning streak is constantly overlooked because the caliber of the teams we beat were "sub par". But these days in the NFL, it has been ANY GIVEN SUNDAY! We could have dropped 1 of those last 6, either to the Chargers, Patriots, Bills (comeback), or any other. BUT WE DIDN'T, and thats what impressed me the most.

As a Dolphin fan, we have a winning tradition and we expect to be a winnign team. I expect to make the playoffs. Beyond that, we take it week by week and hope for the best, because the playoffs are a whole different animal.

Uhh, what's the one thing people have said about the Dolphins the past six years?

It's, "man, if only they had a quarterback."

"They are talented, but they have no quarterback."

...So, tell me now, why the hell we shouldn't be optimistic?

Back
Top Bottom