Are we going a little to far about eht FIns this year | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we going a little to far about eht FIns this year

I just think everyone is happy that we have a good qb for the first time in years.We also have the best qb/rb combo since Griese and Csonka IMO.We also have the best coaching staff we have had since the :hail:Don Shula days.We have lots of good young players.If Culpepper pans out and plays like the Culpepper of old.Then we have a great chance of going far into the playoffs IMO.This is the start of great things to come in Miami.I feel we still need another year before we start our run for a superbowl but how could you not be hyped up about what is going on.We are going back to the promise land my brother.Saban is going to take us there.

My opinion of a Die Hard fan!

everyone is in intiteled to have a differant opinion.

Can we get the season started already!? Damn! I can't wait to see the Fins whoop up on Patsies. Or some Bills or Jets.

Hy!!

BIG_FISH_RI said:
I joined this site a feww weeks ago and this is my first post. I really enjoy the site and check it daily. I wanted to start this post to see what other fin fans thought about our optomizim for this up coming season. Let me 1st say that I am a huge Fub fan and noboby argue more for the fis then I do. Look at the name I live in NE and all of my friends are Pat's fans. As a mater of fact my best buddy is a scout for the Pats Every x-mas he gives me a bunch of stuff that would be nice if it didn't have the Pat's logo on it. . I love the Fish like any other fan and If you ask me we are going to the big show this year. BUT, are we a little ahead of ourselves for this season. Yeah we had a great rebound from a season prior to last going 9-7 however lets look at the last few games for the last 1/4 stretch of the season.
we got killed by a 3-7 Cleveland team at the time
we beat a losing Oakland team the following week later
followed by a struggleing Buf. team a losing San Diego team (that had a lot to play for at the time - really a good win)
a losing jets team and we sweeked past a playoff bound Pat's team that did not play their starters and had nothing to gain by beating us (hey a win is a win). it could be argued that we really did not beat any team of quality other then SD at the end of the season. Is there really a big reason to be optomistic this year. Just throwing it out there to see what others think.

HY my friend and Dolphins fan!!, even though,as you stated, we didn't won any great or good team last year in the end of the season, just one SD, that meant that we the no ofense team that we use to have, we manage to win to the lower rank teams and a upper rank team. After that thought(yours), then all the improvement that the Dolphins have had, then ,my Friend, do the math!!!
what i don't believe if that you weren't her before to see all the great things that have happen to the organization. I was like you until March, the thing you need to do is get hock to this side and you will see and Welcome. GO DOLPHINS!!:mad: :dolphins:

miaD5499 said:
if anyone wants to question the 6 game winning streak as a fluke i would just argue that the 4-12 season was a fluke, it was our fist loosing since the 80's and if it wernt for ricky leaving that year we were legit playoff contenders comming off a strong 10-6 season.......

Yes!

Wins are wins. And losses are losses. If it's fair to pick apart our 6-game winning streak at the end of last season, then you can also pick apart our 2004 losing season...

We lost to Cincy by 3, Arizona by 1, and Denver by 3. So we were 7 points away from going 7-9.

And we lost 4 other games by only a touchdown.

So while 4-12 seems terrible, we were only a handful of plays away from a 9 or 10-win season.

Saban is not taking a terrible team, and making it great. He's taking a pretty good team that had a terrible coach, and making it great.

I don't think we're one or two years away. I think we have all the pieces of the puzzle now. It's just a question of how quickly they can gel. The 1st half of our schedule is soft, so that gives us time. Come December, we could be firing on all cylinders.

Now I'm not saying we're going to the Superbowl...

But I'm not saying we aren't going to the Superbowl, either.

Ok!!

MDFINFAN said:
Key words...because other teams have made changes too. We just hope our changes turn out better than other team's changes. But this is the NFL..and on any given Sunday, who's knows..but we still cheer on our phins anyway...but with realistic eyes once the season starts..but for now, we can dream..that's what off season is about for a fan.:D

Let's get real!!! first of all i'm not dreaming, we are going to the Super Bowl and we are going to win it this year and in five years you will look back a see the domination on the NFL and the new DINASTY that the Dolphins have become, and all started in 2006. There is no tomorrow and if people from the Dolphins fan view, can see that then don't support the team cause half lover is not a lover at all. GO DOLPHINS!!:mad: :dolphins:

BIG_FISH_RI said:
it could be argued that we really did not beat any team of quality other then SD at the end of the season. Is there really a big reason to be optomistic this year. Just throwing it out there to see what others think.

First of all "welcome to FH..."

Next, points well taken on your opinion, and optimism is very high around here as you have seen,,,

Yes we mostly beat teams that were less than mediocre through our last 6 games, and as many in the media as well as us fans have stated, that is the reason for the streak...

but what is not stressed in the same sentence is... that teams with talent good coaching and gameplan are supposed to win those games against bad teams, no matter if winning by 1 or more points...

what else is not stressed is that we were not suppose to win more than 4-5 games last year, according to all the "so called" analyst's predictions, so they came out with the "soft schedule" at season's end excuse...

Funny how thinds work out, we had the 2nd toughest "Strenght of Schedule of all 32 teams (based on last years standings) starting in 2005. The Pats had the toughest and IMHO, what got them their 10-6 record was those 4 games they won againnst the Jets and Bills...

What goes by un-noticed is that we were at least 4-4 against winning teams last year (not counting the win against NE at the end). The Pats were 4-5 against winning teams (MIA in the mix). The Pats also went under .500 against winning teams since 2002 (9-7) and did not make the Post Season then...

Many are seeing the Pats as still the team to beat in the AFC, they lost game changing players last year, Vinitieri, McGinest, and great coaches (Weis, Crennel and Mangini). Vinitieri will surely be missed, even with Brady at the helm. The 2005 Pats performed poorly compared to the 2004 team full of backups in their Defensive unit. Hell, we gave up fewer points through the air then they did last year...

Injuries to the Pats was the excuse given this year as to what hurt the team this year, but the team won the SB in 2004 with most of the Defensive starters out most of the year still only loosing 2 games...

Bottom line, good or average teams are supposed to beat bad teams, and people as well as analysts, only use the "on any given Sunday," quote, when ever they want to fit it in. Writers were not allowed to use that quote on the Fins in the last 6 weeks of the year...

A lot of really good moves this off-season combined with a 6 game winning streak give us all the right to be very optimistic. After all, aren't even Jets and Bills fans optimistic too? And why?

Back
Top Bottom