Are we going to sign a good WR or what? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we going to sign a good WR or what?

All we need is a 3rd WR. Chambers and McKnight will be a formidable duo......

Originally posted by Bazinet37
All we need is a 3rd WR. Chambers and McKnight will be a formidable duo......

A #3 is a big difference. Tampa wouldn't have won the Super Bowl without JJ.

My thoughts exactly. This offense is a 3rd WR, and some OL upgrades away from being a very explosive offense......

Then we can finally concentrate on defense. If Troy Pomalulu slips to us Wannstedt will pull the trigger. He is graded as a late first-early second rounder. If he slips to us we may trade down, since the later teams in the draft have good safeties. We nab him with a cloth and drag him to Miami(just kidding).

We have our SS then. Freeman goes behind Marion, in his natural spot. After 2003 we get rid of Marion and we have two young safeties.

Originally posted by Jaj
Then we can finally concentrate on defense. If Troy Pomalulu slips to us Wannstedt will pull the trigger. He is graded as a late first-early second rounder. If he slips to us we may trade down, since the later teams in the draft have good safeties. We nab him with a cloth and drag him to Miami(just kidding).

We have our SS then. Freeman goes behind Marion, in his natural spot. After 2003 we get rid of Marion and we have two young safeties.

I think we are a good WR, linebacker, nickleback and D-lineman away from a title. Maybe a little tweaking to the O line won't hurt but the others are positions we have to upgrade!

My perfect offseason.....

1) Get some OL upgrades. Petigout or Gandy for LT. It would be
awesome to pry Randy Thomas from the Jets.

2a) Get a decent 3rd WR. Resigning Cris Carter could work.
Gadsden coming back shouldn't be considered IMO. I'd love to
see MarTay Jenkins signed.

2b) resign Rob Konrad

3) Upgrade OLB. Colvin or Simmons would be nice. More
realistically, the guy from Indy, I can't remember his name
right now.

4) Donovan Darius!!!

5) Draft whichever position we can't fill. Hopefully take a QB early,
but that may be a pipedream right now.

6) Decent depth at all positions.

Don't know if we have the cap for all that, but that may be all we need to be a dominant team......

Poamulu is the hard hitter we need and he has upside. He is a young rookie as well not a 23 year old. The guy from Indy is Peterson and may not be any cheaper than Colvin. Indy has some money, while Chicago doesn't.

Please Polamulu, Please Polamulu,Please Polamulu,Please Polamulu,Please Polamulu,Please Polamulu,Please Polamulu,Please Polamulu, I'm crossing my fingers.

Then we can finally have our feared heavy hitter.

Gandy-OL problem done
Colvin-LB problem done
Carter-WR problem done

Not too expensive. Freeman can replace Marion in one year for relatively cheap. Rosenfels will work at QB and when have a young LB in Colvin. The future looks bright.

Originally posted by Fiedler for MVP
i personally think dedrick ward is a solid #3 who had a bad season

I would much rather have Oronde than Ward if we are sticking with Miami players to fill that void.

My perfect offseason would involve David Boston, Wayne Gandy, Kyle Turley, Randy Thomas, Takeo Spikes, Rodney Harrison, and Jason Sehorn....and Mark Brunell.

But while I'm dreaming, my perfect offseason would also involve a winning lottery ticket.

Oh the answer to the question posed in this thread is, no...

I don't believe we'll be going after David Boston or Peerless Price.

Ike Hilliard does NOT belong in that group of receivers...

Chambers and McK are a mediocre duo compared to most teams. We need to sign a #2 WR or at least someone who will have to be beaten out of the #2 slot by McK. Chambers is still unproven after last year as far as being a consistent #1 WR: a consistent #1 WR should have a min. of 1000 yards/season these days.

Having said that, cap wise and w/our LT needs so blatant I can see us going for a WR in the draft who can be a returner and a FA big WR who can play the slot on third/passing downs

I think they may answer the safety question in free agency, there are plenty of good ones available.

Back
Top Bottom