Are We Making A Mistake? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are We Making A Mistake?

Foles isn't elite

Sure you want to put your money in the outliers? 20 years ago, sure, you could have made it to the SB with a bad-to-mediocre QB if you had a stellar defense. Even then, they typically lost to top QBs. Only 20% of SB teams in the past 10 years haven't had top QBs (didn't have garbage ones either, as Flacco and Eli in their prime were at least above average). I'll stick with the 80% of teams that have top QBs, especially considering that it's only going to get higher thanks to the super QB-friendly rules.

It's Ross' Dolphins. Has he done anything other than make mistakes?

Sure he has. Let me give you a list of non-mistakes he has made (and/or allowed to be made):
  • Fired Adam Gase
  • Fired Joe Philbin
  • Fired Tony Sparano (RIP)
  • Bought the Dolphins*
*OK, *we* might not be happy that he is our owner, but, in general, I would not list "buying the Miami Dolphins" as a mistake.

:out:

LOL

BTW: First post in a few years, and I just joined VIP, so maybe I'll stop just lurking. :woot:

Last edited:
Sometimes mistakes can lead to success. If the Browns didn't make the mistake of hiring and keeping Hue Jackson maybe they get stuck in the 6-8 win seasons like our Dolphins. Thus they wouldn't have Mayfield or Garret.

Richard didn't get any consideration from a lot of teams.

He's a scream at you DB coach, how long is that gonna last?

Nobody knows how this is gonna play out, but Flores has a calming demeanor that a head coach needs.
Philbin was calm. Cameron was calm.

I dont care who our coach is. Until we have a legit QB, it will be a coaching carousel.

I'm predicting Culpeper (Flores) and Breese (Richard) repeat, if only because it's the Dolphins

I dont care who our coach is. Until we have a legit QB, it will be a coaching carousel.
Don't agree. We can win with good coaching. Yes we need a legit QB but with real teaching coaching staff we can maximize all players.

Personally I don't mind a DL or OL who red shirted. The strength difference between high school and college is significant. Skills guys on guy the other hand show early.

It's the 5 stars who sign with lower tier schools that bothersome.

Baker Mayfield is a prime example. Good player but why all the drama in college?

James Winston also good player azad Los a lot of drama

Honestly- we just don't know, not even sure Grier knows 100 percent. The bottom line is whoever Grier thinks he can "get it done with" he was given that choice - sink or swim.

This.

We've got to be extremely patient if this really is a proper rebuild, as it should be. But once the dust settles, either this works out or it's another house cleaning and this time 100%.

Flores success or lack thereof must be tied to Grier.

Of course we are. But it all stems from the GM mistake, that is the real issue.

Flores is no doubt an up and coming coaching candidate and probably would have got a HC job on merit within a year or two - just about everyone Palatine hires gets a shot. It's not Flores's fault Grier rushed him through the process as he wanted another friend in the building

Feeling much better about Flores but my preference would be Richard.

However I gotta admit, watching him yell at the 2 disinterested LBs on the sideline conjured up some uncomfortable Mike Singletary vibes.

Back
Top Bottom