Are we TOO excited? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we TOO excited?

maddendude said:
Now I see a topic that says 12-4, when we've only won 2 games!

why is it that so many people think that 12-4 is so out of reach? yea, so we lost to the jets and barely squeezed past the panthers. and what were our biggest problems in those games? penalties and the secondary. all it takes is some discipline to cut them penalties down, and i think Saban can definitely work on that. as for the secondary, he's working on that too, hopefully we'll see a big improvement or at least some. without all those penalties and the poor performance from the secondary we would have beat the jets and that panthers game wouldn't have been so close.

get those 2 problems solved, see some more improvment from Ronnie, and get Ricky back and i don't see 12-4 as being very far out of reach. although i'm thinking we will go 11-5.

looks down... looks forward and says: Nope, I'm not too excited, maybe later.

The Bills are our sworn enemies. Of course we're excited. We lead the division and we got a huge road division game coming up today. We're gonna eat the Bills offense. They can't move the ball on us. I'm extremely confident. If i'm wrong, it will definately suck. And I will have to go to billszone to eat my crow. But there's no room to be worried. Our coach thus far, is a god compared to what we've grown used to, and not just Saban, our whole coaching staff has done an AWESOME job. Our OC is one of the best in the business. We've got every reason to be confident. And I am!

Now go beat em up Dolphins, like most of us know you can!

p126n said:
LOL its a ***** when ya miss out! got a cell phone i'll Text ya on details. First Transatlantic fin game to my brother in the UK!

that would be nice--i return the favour with maybe a cricket game--i dont think--have a good day and may God be with the Fins

I think we are expecting too much too early.......reason is....whatever ailed Denver they fixed.....the Jets are 1-3....thats not good.....but their only win has a Fin all over it....and we beat a pretty good team...Panthers at home...but only with a last second field goal....and only when their QB threw the worst pass ever. So yea...I think we are a little nearsighted right now....If we lay a egg in buffalo....I think we will know that our team is 8-8 at best...still trying to find a consistent identity....IF we win...well we beat a pretty poor team.....so who are we? I dont know yet...You dont know yet....But if we can win....the Tampa game I think, will show all of us about what we can expect from this team. I think that 4-12 season really has me wondering....just how much can we really improve.....I mean 8-8 is a BIG improvement. Thinkin we can go 12-4....just seems unrealistic.....at least at this point.

I think im just scared to get my hopes up.....last year...was crushing. I feel like if we win this week...3-1 can turn into 5-6...without blinkin a eye. I am starting to adapt to Sabans one week at a time....focus on one game....and quit thinkin about the negative......its not easy though.... Does anyone else think this way? I mean...since Marino...I have not felt like any win was a sure win.....Dam that Wanny and Fielder....they really ruined my confidence.

Fins05:NewHope said:
I think we are expecting too much too early.......reason is....whatever ailed Denver they fixed.....the Jets are 1-3....thats not good.....but their only win has a Fin all over it....and we beat a pretty good team...Panthers at home...but only with a last second field goal....and only when their QB threw the worst pass ever. So yea...I think we are a little nearsighted right now....If we lay a egg in buffalo....I think we will know that our team is 8-8 at best...still trying to find a consistent identity....IF we win...well we beat a pretty poor team.....so who are we? I dont know yet...You dont know yet....But if we can win....the Tampa game I think, will show all of us about what we can expect from this team. I think that 4-12 season really has me wondering....just how much can we really improve.....I mean 8-8 is a BIG improvement. Thinkin we can go 12-4....just seems unrealistic.....at least at this point.

I think im just scared to get my hopes up.....last year...was crushing. I feel like if we win this week...3-1 can turn into 5-6...without blinkin a eye. I am starting to adapt to Sabans one week at a time....focus on one game....and quit thinkin about the negative......its not easy though.... Does anyone else think this way? I mean...since Marino...I have not felt like any win was a sure win.....Dam that Wanny and Fielder....they really ruined my confidence.

Thats right my friend,one week at a time--and b4 u know it we will be 11-5 and divisional champs :)

I think some of us (myself included...I haven't been this giddy about our team in a long time) are indeed "too" excited, but is that wrong? It's easy to say, 'temper the excitement, wait and see what we have.'

I think about is like this: it's a game. We're fans (fanatics). It's natural to be optimistic about our team, and that's what makes the lows so low and the thrills so exciting; because we're into it more.

That beautiful girl is back in our life. Yeah, she might break our heart again, but the ride is fun anyway, isn't it? :)

GO FINS!

Maddendude....are you serious????......i understand that some ppl on here are thinking that all this crap about being 12-4 ..ha that wont happen...would i like it to ...of course ...but lets be serious....so for you to say that the O-line doesnt seem consistant..compare it to last yrs line and the fact that are O-line this yr has only givin up like what 2 sacks ...so i think you should get you stuff straight before talking

I for one am happy to be excited again! So many years of hanging our head in shame when Wanny choses to punt on a 4th and 1 from the opponent's 25, it's nice to know we have a coach who has a plan!

Noland said:
why do people already count the pats out they have proven teams wrong in the past i dont see why they cant do so now injuries or not they always seem to pull together
Cause the Pats have been behind in the 4rd quarter in the last 3 games, loosing 2 (squeaked by Pit)..,

The Pats had a combined 30 games before this season to equalize that record...

They also have lost coaches and talented players, the coaches being what is the killer here...

Now back to the topic of the thread:

What is there "not" to get excited about?
No More Dave, even the vets acknowledge this..
No More "will have to look at the film to see what went wrong (DW)."
No More "we are trying not to loose scheme."
NO More vanilla Defense...
No More vanilla Offense...
No More "we thought we might win" (R. Mc M)...
No More "we need to go through a loosing season to get better." (Zack)...

Why were are excited? one word.... Saban...:)

Fins05:NewHope said:

What ailed them was Miami's defense!!!

maddendude said:
I mean, we beat the Broncos week one when everyone was pumped. We beat the Panthers by a last second field goal. and we lost to the jets.

We've won 2 games, and our QB still isnt GOOD, hes just above average. And the Oline doesnt seem consistant.

Now I see a topic that says 12-4, when we've only won 2 games!

Actually, the OL has been fairly consistent, although lacking in run blocking. Gus has been, as you said, mediocre at best. The problem is that our DL didn't play the last two games as well as they did against Denver...With our DL not playing consistently, the secondary has been exposed as the weakness that it is. Funny thing tho, I don't feel at all like I have in the past about this team. I really feel that even tho we may not beat a team, we will be IN the game...(see the Jests game, could have gone either way)... Just a different feel than in the last 5-8 years...

I am very excited, optimistic and pumped and it feels good to feel this way on Sunday morning again.

The fact that they did win against the Panthers at the end of the game is one thing that gives me great hope for the future because of the way the Phins had done in close hard fought games in recent past it was great to see them stick it out and win. For the Jets game I think Saban is working on the penalties and pass defense woe's that caused that.

Saban seems to be repairing the damage to the teams enthusiasm, intensity, and morale that the past couple of coaches caused. The O line doesn't fold like lawn chairs like it did last year, the D is strong despite its age and weekness in the backfield and we have a running game again. And though I am still not sure about Gus (spoiled by Marino I guess) the offense is putting points on the board consistantly to stay in the game.

Will they go undefeated? Probably not. Will they win the SB? Sure would be nice and the way teams are looking at this admittedly early stage i'd say anything is possible. Have they improved and are they moving forward to a better team? Hell yes.

Very nice to feel good on Sunday again and even if they do lose, which I doubt they will, they have improved greatly and next week is another game.
:dolphin:

I'm optimistic, I think we have a team capable of winning vs the bills. I'm not looking at the other teams in our division how bad or good are, I just feel that our team is good enough ( and is getting better ) to be able to win.

Back
Top Bottom