Are we trading with Denver? it's possible | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we trading with Denver? it's possible

Don’t say no until you know the take.

What’s the offer? Show me da money.

We are in a good trade situation no matter what Atl does - I fully expect FO to double down get more pucks get a weapon and Parsons and still have future equity
Exactly...the move back to 6 was about being in a position of leverage. Get a haul for a trade down if the price is right and you can still get a player in the tier that you covet or just grab a guy you want at six if the trade scenarios dont materialize. I hope we have a short drop, get some capital for this year and next and still get a top tier non QB due to a run on QBs...

Grier has really shown a talent for manipulating the draft and getting top value out of draft position and trades. We need him to have that kind of acumen in the player evaluation and selection and we're golden.

Exactly...the move back to 6 was about being in a position of leverage. Get a haul for a trade down if the price is right and you can still get a player in the tier that you covet or just grab a guy you want at six if the trade scenarios dont materialize. I hope we have a short drop, get some capital for this year and next and still get a top tier non QB due to a run on QBs...

Grier has really shown a talent for manipulating the draft and getting top value out of draft position and trades. We need him to have that kind of acumen in the player evaluation and selection and we're golden.
I won’t be surprised to pick twice in the top 15 when all is said and done

been saying it since we moved the 3

that Grier is forcing the league to pay attention

1. He killed the Tua to Hou rumours before the crash and crap hit the fan about Watson

2. He can double down by stealing Dallas’ bfast lunch and supper money - because Jer is a mark trading out of 6 to 10

3. We can move ahead of Dal to 9 trading with Den

possibilities are endless to double down from 6 and get the player we might have wanted at 3 let alone 6

Last edited:
If you breakdown everything being reported, we are discussing moving up to pick 9

Sounds like we want to move up to 9 from 18. LOVE it. As I mentioned, the value for that move is pick 45 overall. We could move pick 36 (Don't want to) and get a 4th rounder with the 9th pick overall or we could send them pick 50 and maybe a late pick next year.

I hope not. They are going to be able to draft one of the top receivers at 6 but they may not still have that opportunity at 9. I assume they traded back to the 6th spot in the draft and gave up their first round pick in 2022 because they wanted to assure they would be able to select a particular player or players.

Unless they think that player or players will drop to 9, I think they should avoid trading the 6th pick in the draft.

If you breakdown everything being reported, we are discussing moving up to pick 9

Sounds like we want to move up to 9 from 18. LOVE it. As I mentioned, the value for that move is pick 45 overall. We could move pick 36 (Don't want to) and get a 4th rounder with the 9th pick overall or we could send them pick 50 and maybe a late pick next year.

Ummm Paton could have laid a smokescreen - he actually wants 6 because he knows what the league knows Lock is CFL material

Grier is schooling the NFL if Jones goes 3 and Atlanta takes a QB or trades back. I see us trading back with the Bears or WFT if Pitts isn’t his target. Then taking 18 and a little from the trade back and getting one of the remaining WR’s

if PItts is available 6, you take him

if Pitts is gone, you trade down to 9 and take the remaining of Smith/Chase/Waddle/Sewell (one will go to Cincy, Det and Car will prob take Sewell if there)

if PItts is available 6, you take him

if Pitts is gone, you trade down to 9 and take the remaining of Smith/Chase/Waddle/Sewell (one will go to Cincy, Det and Car will prob take Sewell if there)

I understand the reasoning but I don't like the idea of just taking who is left.

Not all if these guys will be successful, even with top prospects you want to choose the one with the best chance, in your eyes as the GM, to be successful.

If we have strong convictions about any of these guys we should be putting ourselves in the best position to get them.

If we are equal on all of them...we need new scouts.

more likely Grier is realizing Pitts and Chase be gone @6 and wants to

play with the yo-yo some more. But the time to get a great deal passed

with the move from 3. Obviously the Phila trade was a stinker in terms

of value -- and now it's quite possible all Grier did was outsmart himself.

Move to 9 and hope we get an R2 IN THIS DRAFT and then hope he grabs Parsons.

They all talk. The worst weathermen are more reliable than all of this pre-draft crap.

No reason for anything to happen till we are on the clock and we see what is left. I assume the groundwork is being laid for a trade should the right players be available

The biggest question mark right now is ATL. WTF are they planning? They are in a weird spot. I feel that they will trade back as their biggest needs are Edge (too early unless they feel Parsons could fill that role), Secondary (again, a little early for a CB), RB (again way too early) and Offensive Line. ATL, could take Sewell here.

Cincinnati has a few possibilities: Chase or Sewell. Possibly Pitts. I think reuniting Chase with Burrow is too tasty to pass up. They should draft Sewell 100% but its feasible they are thinking they can go wild in the next few rounds focusing on O-Line.

Moving on to Detroit. That is a no brainer, they go receiver as they dont even have a real #1 WR on their roster.

Panthers: This one can go so many ways. Do they take a QB, doubtful? I think Detroit goes Tackle here. Sewell or Slater.

We finally reach my point. If we traded back with Denver who is there for us to make it worth it? Realistically we cant know that until draft day.

Back
Top Bottom