Are We Utilizing Booker Correctly? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are We Utilizing Booker Correctly?

NJPHIN34

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...ec16,0,4577592.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

This article got me thinking. Are we utilizing Booker correctly? Or how about are we using him at all? Booker has shown he can be a #1 WR in this league from his years in Chicago. Now I know that we are not the Colts and that we don't have the greatest QB play all the time, but shouldn't Booker be more involved in the offense? I mean if you think about it we basically have 2 WRs who can be #1 WR on any team in the league. Is it all about our mediocre QB play? Or is he just an afterthought in our offense? Or is it Booker himself? Has he lost a step?

He probably has lost a step. We should try to get a better #2 or a #1 and make Chambers a #2. Reggie Wayne is a free agent in the offseason.

I wouldn't dump booker for Reggie Waine. Waine is overrated imo due to his QB play...he's very good, a solid #2. Though next year he'll ask for a #1 money if he leaves indy, and I don't think he's worth it nor he'll be as successfull at any other team as he's been with Manning throwing to him.

I'd love to keep Marty and use him alot more, although he's dropped some balls, I believe he is more sure-handed than Chambers is. Not only that, but he has showed he can get past defenders for the deep ball. I have always thought he was our real # 1 WR. I believe we should keep Booker over Wayne, just bc of the fact he might be cheaper than Reggie.

I highly doubt the Colts are going to let Reggie Wayne go. IF they do give him his Dolphins Jersey. Marty Booker tho , I remember when we traded ogunleye for him. I haven't really heard of anything special from him ever since that untill last weeks BOMB that Frerotte threw perfectly. I think he just needs to stop being hurt and he can become a great Wide Reciever again.

Booker hasn't lost a step. If you notice, our offense hasn't really been clicking until the last few games. Booker was hurt during that time. He came back for this last game and had 3 catches for 78 yards.

Booker is Fine. Why kick up dust when not needed.

Nothing wrong with Booker but I'd bring in Wayne if we have the chance depending on how much he wants...I know he's got Manning but he's still a very good WR and him on the other side of CC would be great.

Ozzy rules!!

Go Italy 2006 world cup

byroan said:
Booker hasn't lost a step. If you notice, our offense hasn't really been clicking until the last few games. Booker was hurt during that time. He came back for this last game and had 3 catches for 78 yards.

Exactly. As more attention is given to CC, opportunities open up for Booker. Wouldn't surprise me if he leads this week.

Wayne is playing with what could be the best QB to ever play the game. I think he's good, but not worth #1 wr money

be wary of Wayne. keep in mind that he is the third option on that offense behind Marvin Harrison and Edge, and he has the current best QB in the game throwing to him. i would say that Wayne could turn out to be a Peerless Price type player, he's great when he's got someone on the other side of him ( A la Eric Moulds), but when he becomes THE guy, he suffers.,

Nick13 said:
be wary of Wayne. keep in mind that he is the third option on that offense behind Marvin Harrison and Edge, and he has the current best QB in the game throwing to him. i would say that Wayne could turn out to be a Peerless Price type player, he's great when he's got someone on the other side of him ( A la Eric Moulds), but when he becomes THE guy, he suffers.,

I agree, I think without Manning he turns into just a good #2 reciever.

Back
Top Bottom