Are We Utilizing Booker Correctly? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are We Utilizing Booker Correctly?

good morning dolphin fans ! i dont we should not rule out getting T.O. his game would really take us to the next level esp. chambers. If it was up to me , which its not, but if it was i would bring in owens and culpepper and then draft a.j. hawk and a dt . and if timbo comes back next year then we will rock and roll all the way baby. and if we were to draft Brad Smith and move him to wide receiver and use Lemon, culpepper and gus thenafter we let gus go the next year then promote brad to 3rd or 2nd team qb.
why is the ground blue this morning can anyone answer this? oh wait i am still hung over , never mind.:dolphins:

NJPHIN34 said:
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-dolbooker16dec16,0,4577592.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

This article got me thinking. Are we utilizing Booker correctly? Or how about are we using him at all? Booker has shown he can be a #1 WR in this league from his years in Chicago. Now I know that we are not the Colts and that we don't have the greatest QB play all the time, but shouldn't Booker be more involved in the offense? I mean if you think about it we basically have 2 WRs who can be #1 WR on any team in the league. Is it all about our mediocre QB play? Or is he just an afterthought in our offense? Or is it Booker himself? Has he lost a step?

our two wideouts cannot be #1 on any team in the league!

Why the heck is everyone bashing Wayne??....Hes got excellent hands,good route runner and has very deceptive speed...Is he a #1? no but him and CC together could be a deadly WR combo.

And just for the record TOM BRADY is the BEST QB in the NFL not Manning.

musphinzfan said:
Why the heck is everyone bashing Wayne??....Hes got excellent hands,good route runner and has very deceptive speed...Is he a #1? no but him and CC together could be a deadly WR combo.

And just for the record TOM BRADY is the BEST QB in the NFL not Manning.

For the record Brady is a product of the system and maybe the 5th best QB if he is lucky

Alex22 said:
For the record Brady is a product of the system and maybe the 5th best QB if he is lucky

5th :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

You have to be kidding me....Brady is no doubt the best QB with the least amount of Weapons to work with.

Linehan has clearly made the tactical decision that Booker should be the receiver getting the long work in this offense. It is absurd to think this was done because he has lost a step.

The biggest problem with Booker's numbers is that the QBs don't feel comfortable enough with the protection they're getting to let the sort of plays Booker runs develop all that often. They have to check down too soon to McMichael or Brown. I love that the QBs have been encouraged to do that to avoid sacks, but it definitely skews the looks that Marty is getting. There just usually isn't time to look to Chambers, move off of him, look to Booker on his plays, and then dump the ball off.

The article linked above gives me great hope that Saban will do the smart thing and rework the Booker deal. He strikes me as the type of player who will take a little less in exchange for a little more security. After all, that is all he really seemed to want for the Bears, but they burned him. He isn't even 30 yet, and he is the sort of receiver who should be very productive into his mid-30s. Saban should lock him up with minimum base salaries plus the sort of signing bonus that will bring his compensation up to around $2 million a year. If Booker and Saban are comfortable with each other, I have little doubt that this will happen. If not, I hope Nick has a damned good plan in place for a replacement.

I want to keep him, I just hope he accepts a pay cut so he dosnt count for so much against our cap.

ROSCO P.C. JR said:
good morning dolphin fans ! i dont we should not rule out getting T.O. his game would really take us to the next level esp. chambers. If it was up to me , which its not, but if it was i would bring in owens and culpepper and then draft a.j. hawk and a dt . and if timbo comes back next year then we will rock and roll all the way baby. and if we were to draft Brad Smith and move him to wide receiver and use Lemon, culpepper and gus thenafter we let gus go the next year then promote brad to 3rd or 2nd team qb.
There is no way in hell i want T.O on our team.He wouldnt play here anyway if we dont have a better qb then Gus.T.O is a great wr but hes not worth the trouble.I also dont think we will have cap space to get T.O and Culpepper plus sign our first round pick.I also think that Timbo wont have much left in the tank if he comes back.Hes pretty old.I would love to have Hawk.I think he is going to be a beast.

i think booker is a very good compliment to chambers, much more so than reggie wayne would be. to me, wayne is more similiar to chambers than booker is.

i like that chambers is more of our go to guy, more of a possesion guy and booker is more of our power guy and gets those big averages and beats up CB's...i think he complements chambers very well and it would be ashame if we let him go. bringing in wayne or someone else would only reverse the progress thats been made there

No, I think Peerless Price will be very successful outside of Indianapolis.

Oh wait, did I say Peerless Price? I meant Reggie Wayne.

NJPHIN34 said:
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-dolbooker16dec16,0,4577592.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

This article got me thinking. Are we utilizing Booker correctly? Or how about are we using him at all? Booker has shown he can be a #1 WR in this league from his years in Chicago. Now I know that we are not the Colts and that we don't have the greatest QB play all the time, but shouldn't Booker be more involved in the offense? I mean if you think about it we basically have 2 WRs who can be #1 WR on any team in the league. Is it all about our mediocre QB play? Or is he just an afterthought in our offense? Or is it Booker himself? Has he lost a step?

You ask about Booker and mostly get responses about Wayne, and even TO. :shakeno:

Booker just doesn't get enough looks. It's about 2 to 1 (including missed games, higher if not) Chambers to Booker. He hasn't lost a step and can probably be a 1a receiver if Linehan chose to get him more involved in the offense. As it is, he's just a complimentary player who's the 3rd option after McMichael and rarely gets redzone opportunities. Not enough looks, 3rd option in passing game, very few red zone opportunities leads to the perception that he cannot be a productive player.

Nick13 said:
be wary of Wayne. keep in mind that he is the third option on that offense behind Marvin Harrison and Edge, and he has the current best QB in the game throwing to him. i would say that Wayne could turn out to be a Peerless Price type player, he's great when he's got someone on the other side of him ( A la Eric Moulds), but when he becomes THE guy, he suffers.,

Yep.

Glad to see some fans understand Booker is just fine. Our QB's make a quick look at Chambers and if he is not open they check down to micmike or a RB. Our Qb's rarely get the time for that third or fourth read. You take what is given to you by the D. A more confident QB and a better line would help booker alot. If Chambers got hurt I bet his production would go up alot for he would get the looks. This is why I do not feel an upgrade at WR is necessary. We cannot utilize what we already have so why spend more money on that.

When Booker eventually does get the touchs then talk about an upgrade.

Maybe Miami QB's should start buying isotoners for the linemen again and the protection will come. Hey that is not that expensive is it? Does it effect the cap hehehe!

musphinzfan said:
5th :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

You have to be kidding me....Brady is no doubt the best QB with the least amount of Weapons to work with.

not the best, top 3, maybe 2......

Back
Top Bottom