Are We Utilizing Booker Correctly? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are We Utilizing Booker Correctly?

DBoston80 said:
he's average at best...we need a replacment.

For the sake of this argument only, I'm accepting your take on Booker.

Why would Miami possibly want to replace an average player when there are so many other positions where there aren't even average players in starting jobs? Are you actually satisfied with Spragan at LB? How about Daniels (a nickel DB if I have seen one) forced into starting? Don't you think Miami really needs better play from at least one S? Let's talk about LT, C, and QB as well. In free agency and the draft, Miami would be hard pressed to fill those 6 needs plus the need I think we all see for a reserve receiver in the draft and free agency. Why create another hole when there is an adequate player there to fill it?

Jimmy James said:

Why would Miami possibly want to replace an average player when there are so many other positions where there aren't even average players in starting jobs? Are you actually satisfied with Spragan at LB? How about Daniels (a nickel DB if I have seen one) forced into starting? Don't you think Miami really needs better play from at least one S? Let's talk about LT, C, and QB as well. In free agency and the draft, Miami would be hard pressed to fill those 6 needs plus the need I think we all see for a reserve receiver in the draft and free agency. Why create another hole when there is an adequate player there to fill it?

True,there are many other needs but Booker's cap number is about 3M. You can get a much better WR than him for the same cap number.

Jimmy James said:

Well, the one thing we agree strongly on, is NO REGGIE WAYNE!! This guy is going to want crazy money and for us its not worth it at all!! Mueller's too smart to pay a guy who might very well be a "Manning product" some insane contract he's gonna demand.

If Marty's willing to take a pay cut and battle it out with a Brandon Lloyd type fine...More power to us.

jreg1 said:
our two wideouts cannot be #1 on any team in the league!

Are you crazy? Chambers is near the top of many receiving categories. And Booker has had a couple of Pro Bowl seasons in the past. So I respectfully disagree with your statement.

EXlurker said:
True,there are many other needs but Booker's cap number is about 3M. You can get a much better WR than him for the same cap number.

Can you? I know Burress was looking for $5 million a season. He got $25 million over 6 years, which is a bit more than $4 million per year if we're to assume that he sees it all. Burress was a very unusual case for a WR of his pedigree, too -- everyone noted last season how odd the market was because there wasn't too much interest. He was a two time 1000 yard receiver just like Booker, too.

My best guess is that while you might be able to cheap out on a receiver opposite Chambers, that receiver will be worse than Booker is. That might actually make some degree of sense the way this offense is shaping up, but that doesn't seem to be the way everybody and his brother is going in this thread.

DBoston80 said:
Here is my offseason NEEDS...

QB, S, OL, WR, LB, CB,

My list (ordered by priority) is close to yours:

LT, QB, S, C, LB, CB, WR (I had WR higher, and it is a high need that Miami get a reserve receiver, but it isn't that tough to make that happen)

I'd prefer to handle LB and CB totally via free agency if possible, leaving the others to be handled with picks and potential additional changes in free agency (like picking up Kitna plus a QB in the 2nd/3rd/4th).

I think Booker is a solid #2

Reggie Wayne is a free agent in the offseason.

**** Reggie Wayne, he is overrated and Manning makes him look good, I don't want this team to sign a #2 WR to a big contract. We can look at other WR options in FA or thorough the drfat; If need be of course.

NJPHIN34 said:
Are you crazy? Chambers is near the top of many receiving categories. And Booker has had a couple of Pro Bowl seasons in the past. So I respectfully disagree with your statement.

I have to agree with the other guy. I think the both of them could be #1 on *most* teams in the league, but there are teams who have a better #1 than either of them. Think Cincinatti with Chad Johnson. You're not going to tell me that they're both better than he is.

Valbon8 said:
Forget Booker and Wayne. What we need is #81, T.O.

This team needs that like it needs to dig up Mark Royals to do our punting. TO has a very nice skillset, but he is a team cancer who has ruined whole seasons for his past TWO teams and who cannot get along with teammates to save his life. You don't bring in a coach like Saban to send a message that there is a commitment to principles like teamwork and then bring in a guy like TO to undermine that message.

Back
Top Bottom