Are we wasting our time?

Are we wasting our time?

• Yes

Votes: 29 28.2%
  • No

Votes: 74 71.8%

• Total voters
MDFINFAN said:
How did we underachieve, we played to our team's potential each year, Please stop thinking we were more talented than we were.
We definitely underachieved in 2002. We had the same team as the year before except Ricky instead of Lamar Smith and we dropped from 11-5 to 9-7. We also had JT leading the league in sacks and fiedler having a career season. If thats not underachieving then what is.

thanks to everyone that's voted so far but 438 views with only 40 some votes is not what I had in mind....please, it only takes half a second to hit yes or no.

blingbling2334 said:
we are wasting our time. What kind of losers post over 2 posts on a message board for a group of 60 men? Sit back, and realize, what are we doing it for? We can't change the team, we need help....
I'm talking about wasting our time thinking that the Dolphins may have a chance to do anything this year..... :confused:

I'm still hopefull! I looked it up on ESPN just now and we're tied for first in our division.... oh HELL look we're tied for first in the entire league! :shakeno:

I voted yes, not because I think watching my team play will be a waste of time or hoping they win it all. I just don't have faith at all in Wanny. He is lacking in so many areas of coaching. I love most of the off season moves we've made and I hope we still have one or two great pickups left, like a third WR.

I can't see DW making strides because we have a rookie OC and he will have no power to run the O. IMO DW will play the same run,run,run O that we have seen for so long now. When we held on to Wanny and Fiedler our fait was seald. I love this team and I will be hoping for the best, but I can't lie to myself and say we have a shot at a post season run because there is a reason Wanny can't win playoff games or even get there for that matter.

Of course not, never give up hope, never surrender. If the Dolphins never made it to the superbowl throughout my lifetime, you better believe I'll still have hope, and I'll still have faith.

Dolphinizzle said:
Of course not, never give up hope, never surrender. If the Dolphins never made it to the superbowl throughout my lifetime, you better believe I'll still have hope, and I'll still have faith.
Sounds simple doesn't it....yet there are 12 people who say we are wasting our time.....12 people who think that the Dolphins have ZERO chance, and it's only July.

I wonder how many of those are actually Dolphins fans???

Waste of time. Aw hell, I hope not. With the many hours of my life I plan to devote to this upcomming season!

There couldn't be an NFL season that is a waste of time IMO. Even if the Dolphins sold out and moved elsewhere....I'm such a fan of NFL football, I'm sure I would eventually find another team to cling to.

No...this season and any season is not a waste of time. #1 reason why for me...Because I absolutely love the Dolphins!!! I love waking up on Sunday morning...watching ESPN...Throwing on a game jersey...and cheering for my team!!! Oh I almost forgot...and sucking down a beer or two!!!

Yes...we can go deep into the playoffs!!! Our Defense always (or usually) keeps us in every game...that's a fact!!! So, yes...we "can do it."

Go Fins!!!

I'm trying to think like a pessimist here. Even if I thought Wanny was crap, and even if I thought this was a season in which we were destined to fail, I would never say it was a waste of time.

If I were a doom 'n' gloomer watching the season, I'd be glued to the games to see which members of the current regime (coaches AND players) would survive any shake-up after the season.

Of course, I'm not a pessimist, and I think it could be a very good season, if a few things fall correctly.

Dolphins are my lifesblood! I'll watch them puke coathangers if they televise it! I live for August through February! Those 6 months are the shiznay!

inFINSible said:
Sounds simple doesn't it....yet there are 12 people who say we are wasting our time.....12 people who think that the Dolphins have ZERO chance, and it's only July.

I wonder how many of those are actually Dolphins fans???

Fins, I've got twelve ropes, a stun gun, a modified game of operation that works off of a car battery, and a crazed testicle gnawing rottweiler named Mulesnot. What are their addresses?

I answered, yes, but the questioned is based on a general consensus ("our time"). Therefore I cannot speak for others. My answer was on a single person "my time".

Now, I am not being pessimistic, just stating, for me, there other better ways to spend the time (ie. friends, family, etc.)...

...BUT, I like spending "my wasted time," going to the games, talking football, drinking beer, and boring everyone here to death with my stats threads... ;)

And add that I support the team, no matter the talent that is put on the field, IMO, don't think DW can take the team deep into the PS. What has he shown to change my view, remember he has said "were this close" for 4 years now; and now "we're ready?"...

Just hope he proves me wrong...

I think I am getting a touch of Fin-atic....

VJ1252 said:
We definitely underachieved in 2002. We had the same team as the year before except Ricky instead of Lamar Smith and we dropped from 11-5 to 9-7. We also had JT leading the league in sacks and fiedler having a career season. If thats not underachieving then what is.

4 of the 7 losses happened when Fiedler was out. At a minimum we would have beaten the Bills twice if FIedler hadn't gotten hurt. That alone puts us at 11-5. One or two more wins would not have been too difficult to achieve. Without the injuries, we would have been a 13-3 team with home field throughout the playoffs. There is no way anyone can convince me otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom