Are you all so unwilling to believe that our problems run deeper than Ireland? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are you all so unwilling to believe that our problems run deeper than Ireland?

testtubetimmy

Supreme Lord Emperor
Reaction score
I'm actually surprised at the amount of people who are denying that there is anything wrong with this organization and that there's a media conspiracy to destroy the Dolphins. Salguero, La Canfora, Clayton and Cole, four well respected journalists who are paid to dig and who have many more contacts than any of us do inside the organization, are all saying the power structure set up by Ross has become a circus. They are reporting in-fighting and political allegiances between members of the front office and coaching staff, and rather than give any credence to these reports, I've notice most of Finheaven has dismissed them outright as "assassination attempts" at Dawn Aponte and Steven Ross.

I'm aware that being skeptical is a good way to be, but denying things outright because they don't make you feel good about the state of your team is plain ignorant. We should be taking these reports with a grain of salt, but demanding answers from the team that we follow and spend hard earned money on.

I get that we want to start a new chapter, and the idea that now with Ireland gone, we can find someone who will deliver for us and bring us to the Superbowl. But is it so hard to believe that the problems with the Dolphins go beyond Ireland, and that he proudly wears the uniform of the scapegoat, while the real cause of the disaster continues to own and run this team?

Don't get me wrong, I think Ireland's decision to trade Marshall in a year we desperately needed a WR, then to overpay for Wallace and let Bush and Long walk in a year we had no run game or offensive line, should be reason enough to fire him. But I think the issues on this team start at the very top, everything with Ross and below is questionable at best.

I'm actually surprised at the amount of people who are denying that there is anything wrong with this organization and that there's a media conspiracy to destroy the Dolphins. Salguero, La Canfora, Clayton and Cole, four well respected journalists

yeah, i stopped reading after this. you lost all credibility at that point. sorry.

yeah, i stopped reading after this. you lost all credibility at that point. sorry.

Exactly my point. You can call them garbage journalists all you want, but they get paid to do their job. The fact you don't like what they say, or don't believe them, is exactly what I mean.

Let me guess!!!!! They all have an agenda, but you dont!!!!!!

Listen to Hayden Fox he nails this subject!!!!!

Hey it a massive conspiracy to lie to the Dolphin Fan that's what they think. Oh well. Not much you can do about it other then point it out to them.
It's the Finheaven herd mentality.

Getting paid to do your job does not make yougood or know what you are doing. Ex) See Jamarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf, Jeff Ireland etc.

Exactly my point. You can call them garbage journalists all you want, but they get paid to do their job. The fact you don't like what they say, or don't believe them, is exactly what I mean.

their job is to get people reading their articles. They don't have to have any basis of facts or truths. So yes, they do a good job of getting peoples attention, because they write such absurd garbage, and hope that one of their crap stories stick to the wall, so they can claim they know a damn thing about what's going on inside the organization.

All this talk of in-house fighting and backstabbing etc., was between Ireland and everyone else. Philbin and Aponte weren't fighting, their issue was with Ireland. As far as I know, with who is still on the coaching staff and in the front office, there is no real conflict anymore. The conflict was removed on Tuesday.

Everyone talks about how no one will want to come work with Aponte and Philbin because they didn't hire them. People seem to be assuming that Aponte and Philbin have some sort of negative stench around them and that people around the NFL don't like them. I actually think that is wrong as people around the league apparently like and respect those two. It is very possible these GM candidates want to work with Aponte and Philbin and that those two are not preventing quality candidates from coming. Philbin and Aponte might actually make the job more attractive to possible GMs, not the other way around.

You see Jason Cole and Armando saying no one will want the job, yet the Dolphins continue to line up interviews with some quality candidates. You would think if this position was "toxic" that these people wouldn't even waste their time interviewing. I also think it is funny that the two loudest voices bashing the opening are the "high-five" boys.

All I know is that I enjoyed about 12 hours of happiness after the Ireland firing.

It has been replaced by anger, confusion, and at times disbelief.

I just want to feel good for more than a week.

They are all idiots. Ross has got this one right.

Getting paid to do your job does not make yougood or know what you are doing. Ex) See Jamarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf, Jeff Ireland etc.

But...... when multiple facts are confirmed by multiple sources?

Are you going to be a stork?

Let me guess!!!!! They all have an agenda, but you dont!!!!!!

Listen to Hayden Fox he nails this subject!!!!!

My only agenda, is to wait and see how next year pans out. I just think it's funny that some people think the sky is falling, based on a couple of crappy beat writters, but then don't listen to the actual journalists that say the organization is in good shape, or have a position open that is highly desirable.

All this talk of in-house fighting and backstabbing etc., was between Ireland and everyone else. Philbin and Aponte weren't fighting, their issue was with Ireland. As far as I know, with who is still on the coaching staff and in the front office, there is no real conflict anymore. The conflict was removed on Tuesday.

Everyone talks about how no one will want to come work with Aponte and Philbin because they didn't hire them. People seem to be assuming that Aponte and Philbin have some sort of negative stench around them and that people around the NFL don't like them. I actually think that is wrong as people around the league apparently like and respect those two. It is very possible these GM candidates want to work with Aponte and Philbin and that those two are not preventing quality candidates from coming. Philbin and Aponte might actually make the job more attractive to possible GMs, not the other way around.

You see Jason Cole and Armando saying no one will want the job, yet the Dolphins continue to line up interviews with some quality candidates. You would think if this position was "toxic" that these people wouldn't even waste their time interviewing. I also think it is funny that the two loudest voices bashing the opening are the "high-five" boys.

I agree there isn't going to be a shortage of candidates. It's the spreading of the message that is shocking to me.

It's coming to a point where the team will have to address the comments/ issues.

It's unfair how we're being targeted at the moment.

It's like we're more ****ed up than the Browns or Lions.

Sad.

Really The upcoming New Conference better be very informative and very revealing or the fir will continue to fly.
I have good hopes but lousy expectations.

Back
Top Bottom