Are you all so unwilling to believe that our problems run deeper than Ireland? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are you all so unwilling to believe that our problems run deeper than Ireland?

I love that Dee and Ireland are gone.

It may not matter if Ross continues to have poor instincts.

I don't see how a top general manager candidate is attracted by an Aponte/Czar sandwich.

If we hire a czar than that will inherently turn off candidates because if you are going to take the leap from VP to P then you want it to be a real gig.

My point is that who says that a "strong executive" model works.
We have seen loads of surefire cant miss GM candidates, like Pioli, who wanted all the power flop.

Perhaps Ross' idea of a team approach is actually innovative.
Czar may or may not be in place to answer disputes.
GM- makes all the personnel decisions.
Aponte works the Cap and contracts.
(assuming this is the structure)

The problem with sports executives is that there is little or no objective evidence that one person is actually a sure thing. They may ride the coattails of a talented subordinate, or superior, etc.
The truly can't miss executives never leave a job they retire from it so there isn't that many of those floating around the market.

the facts so far are on the side of the "coveted job" reporters and the rumors are on the toxic side

I'm actually surprised at the amount of people who are denying that there is anything wrong with this organization and that there's a media conspiracy to destroy the Dolphins. Salguero, La Canfora, Clayton and Cole, four well respected journalists who are paid to dig and who have many more contacts than any of us do inside the organization, are all saying the power structure set up by Ross has become a circus. They are reporting in-fighting and political allegiances between members of the front office and coaching staff, and rather than give any credence to these reports, I've notice most of Finheaven has dismissed them outright as "assassination attempts" at Dawn Aponte and Steven Ross.

I'm aware that being skeptical is a good way to be, but denying things outright because they don't make you feel good about the state of your team is plain ignorant. We should be taking these reports with a grain of salt, but demanding answers from the team that we follow and spend hard earned money on.

I get that we want to start a new chapter, and the idea that now with Ireland gone, we can find someone who will deliver for us and bring us to the Superbowl. But is it so hard to believe that the problems with the Dolphins go beyond Ireland, and that he proudly wears the uniform of the scapegoat, while the real cause of the disaster continues to own and run this team?

Don't get me wrong, I think Ireland's decision to trade Marshall in a year we desperately needed a WR, then to overpay for Wallace and let Bush and Long walk in a year we had no run game or offensive line, should be reason enough to fire him. But I think the issues on this team start at the very top, everything with Ross and below is questionable at best.

We cannot fire Ros though. That being said Ireland was not a good gm and he had his chance and failed so he deserved to go. I don't think Philbin has done good same with Coyle but they did have less time and it was Ireland that brought in the players. Irealnd is not a scapegoat, he is a man that was fired for not getting job done

I think journalist overplay the truth.

But that doesnt mean there isnt truth to it.

Ireland was the stench.

Jim Harbaugh's response to working under Ireland: Pffffffffffttttt

Jeff Fisher's response to working under Ireland: Pfffffffffffffftttt. (thank God)

I'm actually surprised at the amount of people who are denying that there is anything wrong with this organization and that there's a media conspiracy to destroy the Dolphins. Salguero, La Canfora, Clayton and Cole, four well respected journalists who are paid to dig and who have many more contacts than any of us do inside the organization, are all saying the power structure set up by Ross has become a circus. They are reporting in-fighting and political allegiances between members of the front office and coaching staff, and rather than give any credence to these reports, I've notice most of Finheaven has dismissed them outright as "assassination attempts" at Dawn Aponte and Steven Ross.

I'm aware that being skeptical is a good way to be, but denying things outright because they don't make you feel good about the state of your team is plain ignorant. We should be taking these reports with a grain of salt, but demanding answers from the team that we follow and spend hard earned money on.

I get that we want to start a new chapter, and the idea that now with Ireland gone, we can find someone who will deliver for us and bring us to the Superbowl. But is it so hard to believe that the problems with the Dolphins go beyond Ireland, and that he proudly wears the uniform of the scapegoat, while the real cause of the disaster continues to own and run this team?

Don't get me wrong, I think Ireland's decision to trade Marshall in a year we desperately needed a WR, then to overpay for Wallace and let Bush and Long walk in a year we had no run game or offensive line, should be reason enough to fire him. But I think the issues on this team start at the very top, everything with Ross and below is questionable at best.

Gee, it never occurred to you that all these retarded journalists are out to sell their stories??? Even if it means using bad made up journalism??? Hey dude, stop by because I have a bridge to sell you

Did the OP learn nothing from the Incognito scandal? The media loves to blow smoke, they dig for juicy negativity. That's how they get links and sell. I'm supposed to take these "professionals" at face value? What a joke. The real circus is the sports media today, tainted by twitter and me first me first agendas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This organization is dysfunctional and has been for over 20 years now. That's the way it is. You want to blame one person go ahead put your head in the sand, but watch out them sand fleas

This organization is dysfunctional and has been for over 20 years now. That's the way it is. You want to blame one person go ahead put your head in the sand, but watch out them sand fleas

Coincidentally, its been almost exactly 20 years since we've had a real QB. Head, meet sand.

So what are we debating? A few reporters who say it is ToXic vs a few reporters who say it is very desirable. Pick your side. Common sense tells me Ireland was the issue. Why didn't harbaugh or fisher come here? Hint, its not because of Ross or aponte

I agree there isn't going to be a shortage of candidates. It's the spreading of the message that is shocking to me.

It's coming to a point where the team will have to address the comments/ issues.

It's unfair how we're being targeted at the moment.

It's like we're more ****ed up than the Browns or Lions.

Sad.

Stuff like this happens when you don't win consistently. I think Bully Gate made it a bit worse. I think we already know that Bully Gate was way overblown with the stuff that has already come out. We will see if this situation turns out to be overblown as well.

If we hire a czar than that will inherently turn off candidates because if you are going to take the leap from VP to P then you want it to be a real gig.

My point is that who says that a "strong executive" model works.
We have seen loads of surefire cant miss GM candidates, like Pioli, who wanted all the power flop.

Perhaps Ross' idea of a team approach is actually innovative.
Czar may or may not be in place to answer disputes.
GM- makes all the personnel decisions.
Aponte works the Cap and contracts.
(assuming this is the structure)

The problem with sports executives is that there is little or no objective evidence that one person is actually a sure thing. They may ride the coattails of a talented subordinate, or superior, etc.
The truly can't miss executives never leave a job they retire from it so there isn't that many of those floating around the market.

Well said. There's definitely more than one way to skin a dolphin.

My only agenda, is to wait and see how next year pans out. I just think it's funny that some people think the sky is falling, based on a couple of crappy beat writters, but then don't listen to the actual journalists that say the organization is in good shape, or have a position open that is highly desirable.

Plus we went through these same overreactions with the Incognito and Martin saga based on uninformed reports by so called "Dolphins insiders". Now that time has passed and more information has come out, we see how wrong most of the initial information was. Martin was portrayed as a bullied victim, but now we know he was a disturbed backstabber who was trying to make excuses for walking out on the team.

Plus we went through these same overreactions with the Incognito and Martin saga based on uninformed reports by so called "Dolphins insiders". Now that time has passed and more information has come out, we see how wrong most of the initial information was. Martin was portrayed as a bullied victim, but now we know he was a disturbed backstabber who was trying to make excuses for walking out on the team.

That was my point as well. Let's wait and see. I'm still reserving final judgement on Bully Gate when the report comes out, but it certainly seems like it was way overblown. Are these reports of issues with the power structure any different? We will find out soon enough.

Back
Top Bottom