Are You an Optimist, Pessimist, or Realist? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are You an Optimist, Pessimist, or Realist?

There are plenty of QB's who have bounced back from horrible first two years. For you to single out Tannehill because of a 1/2 a season is premature and silly. Instant gratification will get you nowhere and just proves you are being petty looking for an argument, and proves you DO NOT KNOW WHAT THE HELL YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

I have to agree. There are plenty of examples of franchise QB's who didn't start winning until a few years in. Troy Aikman went 1-15 his rookie year.

Rodgers sat on the bench his first three years. He learned a lot scouting and mimicking the other teams in practice. His first year starting, "Despite early successes, Rodgers had been unable to win a close game during the season despite seven opportunities to do so.[54][55] On October 31, 2008 Rodgers signed a six-year, $65 million contract extension through the 2014 season."

Then his second year starting this sounds awfully familiar, "After a mediocre 4–4 start to the season and a devastating loss to the previously winless Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the team began to heat up. Rodgers led the Packers to five straight wins, in which he threw for a total of 1,324 yards, 9 touchdowns and only 2 interceptions. Rodgers and the Packers won two of their last three games, finishing the second half of the season with a 7–1 record and an overall 11–5 record; good enough to secure a wild card playoff berth and clinch the fifth seed in the playoffs."

I'm an optimist turned realist for these dolphins. Years of frustration have made me cut back on my optimism. I really think this team could be very good, but they just aren't coming together the way they should. There are way too many missed opportunities for us, and giving too many to the opposition. 3rd Downs were bad to us yesterday. Where are the to's? Why can't tannehill stop throwing so many picks? Right now this team isn't very good. 11-5 talent looking like 7-9. What gives?

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

i want to start an argument? 10-13 bozo, thats what our supposed franchise qb's record is. id give anything for tannehill to be the next aaron rodgers but im not holding my breath. troy aikman's cowboys were 1-15 , 7-9 , 11-5 then sb champs. aikman and rodgers were also very good in college.

i want to start an argument? 10-13 bozo, thats what our supposed franchise qb's record is. id give anything for tannehill to be the next aaron rodgers but im not holding my breath. troy aikman's cowboys were 1-15 , 7-9 , 11-5 then sb champs. aikman and rodgers were also very good in college.

Damn your dense! read what YOU just wrote about Aikman it proves my damn point. Why dont you go play in traffic somewhere you troll!

I don't really accept those definitions of what each position is defined as but I was an optimist until the loss to Buffalo.

Now I hate the losing feeling we have as fans but are used to for the last 10 years. I'm back to semi-hating the Dolphins and how disgusted they make me feel every year.

So you're admitting Aikman was 8-24 after two years, a record Tannehill has already surpassed, yet you make it seem impossible he'd ever be on Aikman's level?

Nice thread topic. Thanks. :)

I am a negative person overall but, unfortunately, i can look at myself in the mirror and know its a bad way to live life so the psychological effect is a b!tch as well. I am, from the fathoms of my soul, trying to change this but after such a long time of being this way, its sooo goshdarn difficult. When your instinctual thought process is a negative one- always on red alert at an atm or paying attention to who is walking towards me and my woman in a dark parking lot- its so dam hard. For instance, ive missed a lot of work lately because i have been getting very ill. I had a life altering surgery 6 years ago and it affects my immune system. Ive gone to the hospital but i wont go to the doctor and without an effort to get the problem figured out and fixed, im terrified tomorrow may be the day my boss tells me "youre wonderful, we like having you but if you're not here, we can't use you." Now whats the point of agonizing through that until the morning? Why not say everything will be just fine regardless of the outcome. Life goes on, i have a lot of it left to live and if i do get the axe, on to the next adventure.

But im also as moody as a chick (also sucks to know) so catch me on the right day and i may all or any of the 3.

Btw way i really appreciate giving the opportunity to vent. As you can imagine, my anxiety level is through the roof and while many of you stopped reading a while ago ( and who the hell could blame you), thanks.

Back to football.

I am optimistic...as always, I never want to think the dolphins suck.

With that being said, we lost the New Orleans game......but being an optimist, I would say we were definitely in that game during the first half. We were holding Bree's and moving the ball. Then Tanny threw that pick and the momentum changed and Brees started to get in the zone and wear us down.

I missed parts of the Baltimore game, so I can't say much. However, we were one kick away from going into OT. So we were at least competitive against the defending champs (albeit a very different team from the Superbowl).

As for the Bills game, we played better over all but were out played us on a couple plays that decided the game. A pick six. A thrown pick in the redzone. A sack fumble in the 4th quarter. Our Defense looked good again. Our run game came into fruition. Our line played significantly better (minus the sack fumble). But those threes plays lost the game, hands down. Take any one of those plays away and we win. Throw in that missed field goal and we could have won with those plays. The score should have been 31 to 16.

Although I am an overall optimist, I'm am very pessimistic about Mike Sherman.

I think i am way past the point of negative with the man in bold. Hate would be a better description. Hes down right atrocious. Forget every other play call he made; we have the ball with 3 minutes (was it 3 im not too sure about it) to go, the oline has FINALLY had a successful day of opening legitimate holes, and you decide to call a play deep in our end of the field that has a high probability of ending in negative yards (sack)? Bro, i almost punched through a beautiful 70 inch screen tv.

And Coyle is not too far away.

My friend told me a joke after the game:

Philbin, Sherman, and Coyle are sitting in a restaurant. They are sitting right in front of the exit. And after embarrassing yourself at a function in the offseason and telling all of them ( in a drunken stooper) to f@$k off, all you want to do is get out of there without being seen. You beg the waiter to walk through the kitchen, he declines. The emergency exit is going to set off the alarm. How do you get by them? Easy- throw a napkin on the floor and Philbin will bend to pick it up. Throw a gameplan near the door, Sherman will turn his head in the opposite direction. Throw a screen pass to your wife and and Coyle will never see you coming.

He came up with that on the spot. Not bad IMO.

I think what mostly riles us up about this team is passion, negative or otherwise. And when they play with your emotions like they have for the last 2 games, it pisses you off even more because of the heartache that comes with it. In NO, we were blown out. You were probably starting on your second 12 pack to really numb the hopelessness. But when they dangle overwhelming joy and then rip your heart out, the sky is falling. One could only exhibit passion for something they deeply care about.

Tannehil just needs to learn to escape. Get out of there man or at the very least tuck the ball and make the effort thus showing us you are not freakin oblivious and are learning.

Or throw it away. Launch over someone in the vicinity into the sidelines. Missile it at the feet of the nearest WR. If he doesnt start showing these signs of progression; that he is seeing, acknowledging, and reacting- we've got big problems. This oline will not get fixed in one offseasn no matter who the GM is and if you cant learn to react with this oline, if you cant lean how to be aware and slide/step up in these pockets (or lack there of) youll never learn.

Positive: when Tanne has had time, he has looked good a plethora more often than not. Better play-calling and a decent Oline, despite the lack of ability to be great in the pocket, and i think we have a QB who can take us to the SB.

wow read what i wrote?? ok 1-11, 7-9, 11-5 then sb champs....i really really do see this team probably finishing say 10-6 then next year 12-4 then 14-2 and then super bowl champs. is that better? the sad thing about the internet is someone cant say to your face what they hide behind their little desk and type....but i was wrong tannehill is hall of fame bound.

im saying aikmans cowboys made tremendous progress in year 2, you see tremndous progress in year 2 with tannehill? i couldnt agree more with you if you say its only 6 games but this sure as hell doesnt look like a playoff team.

Going from 1-15 to 7-9 is progress no? if it is (which it is it is simple math) than there is no conceivable way you can judge Tannehill until the season is over correct?....just going by your argument :)

i absolutely will wait to the end of the season but i am truly not optimistic that we're gonna make progress from last year. i just dont see anything that tells me this team will be elite anytime soon. its the same old song and dance. and trust me i wouldnt gloat by any stretch of the imagination if tannehill is henne 2.0, id just be very depressed, which i already am from watching this team for the past 32 years(but man 1984 sure was a special year).

Well we shall see, these next 3 games are going to make or break us this year.

Used to be an optimist, was a realist, and this organization has turned me into a pessimist.

Optimistic realist...I'm realistic in that I can see and understand the glaring holes that need to be fixed before moving forward. Optomistic about the future because of players like Tannehill, Clay, Jordan and the potential to build around them.

Back
Top Bottom