Are you drinkin' the Saban juice yet? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are you drinkin' the Saban juice yet?

I'm just glad to have a coach who isn't reading the paper to see what his next personnel move should be.

...I still miss Pat S. but I know it was business.

ohall said:
For the record I would never drink anything named after a man and juice.
I think Saban is great for the organization, But I too will not drink Saban "juice". You had to know it would come to this type of perversion.

GRAPEAPE said:
I think Saban is great for the organization, But I too will not drink Saban "juice". You had to know it would come to this type of perversion.

I guess at 27, you're too young to get the reference. *Sigh.* Refers to Jim Jones and the cult he had at Jonestown. He had the believers so hooked that he convinced them all to commit mass suicide by drinking cyanide laced juice (including their children). Since then, "drinking the juice" has come to mean "Are you a true believer?" in a tongue-in-cheek way. Please don't make me explain tongue-in-cheek!

islandah said:
Do you finally believe that Nick has a pretty good handle on things and a solid plan,both for the rest of the year, and for the future of this franchise? Or do you still think Sage should have started the SD game? Do you still think AJ was the future of this team? Do you still think it's crazy to even talk to that Ricky Williams guy, let alone let him come back to the team? Still think we should have kept Surtain at about 10% of our cap? Still think Nick doesn't care what the score is, what the outcome is, what our record is? Still think he was rude and disrespectful to call Chambers a "decent" receiver? Still think he can't find valuable talent where others look past (Manny Wright, Donnie Jones, maybe Shirdonna and Vickerson)? Still think he can't change the culture of this team to one that plays for 60 minutes and expects success, rather than one that lays down and expects to lose (Hi, Bills!:lol: )? Still think he can't get the veterans to buy into this system?

Me, I lika da juice!

Not real sure there is a man on the planet that I would like to drink his juice, but if I could reword the question a bit, I have been sold on Saban from the begining. Wasn't really sold on SL as OC b/c I have never really been a fan of the "pass to set up the run" concept. We have two great runners and I wish we had more of the offense set up around them. But as for Saban he can let his wife worry about his juice, I will just be a fan. :D

I've been a fan since day 1. I've never criticized anything he has done. I'm really excited about next year!

Is is August yet?

Oh My God! Fine, you bunch of illiterate pervs! Change the title to something really creative, like "Do You Kind Of Like Saban?" Either that, or read post #19 for an explanation. Sheesh!

GRAPEAPE said:

:lol: Indeed!

islandah said:
I guess at 27, you're too young to get the reference. *Sigh.* Refers to Jim Jones and the cult he had at Jonestown. He had the believers so hooked that he convinced them all to commit mass suicide by drinking cyanide laced juice (including their children). Since then, "drinking the juice" has come to mean "Are you a true believer?" in a tongue-in-cheek way. Please don't make me explain tongue-in-cheek!

Umm either way, it is not a flattering comment, Saban Juice.

ohall said:
Umm either way, it is not a flattering comment, Saban Juice.

some people might call it "saban kool-aid." with the same reference in mind.

i'm pleased with the direction of the team. it has been a lot more exciting to watch than last year, even with the inconsistency, and the coach's press conferences are better by a HUGE margin. i know the press conferences don't mean a lot, but i think saban shows how in control he is when he's at the mic. compare that to wanny, who seemed like he was up there hoping for good stuff to happen.

Forgetting the juice reference, which seems to have gone over some heads or invoked homophobic concerns in others, my point is have you gotten to the point where you can just trust some of Nick's decisions even if it differs from your knee-jerk reaction? Of course, every coach can and should be second guessed from time to time, but I know I certainly have a large degree of trust in Nick's decisions. I realize he's working with a lot more information than I have and he's demonstrated a firm grasp of what he wants to do and how he wants to get there. I think he's earned a little lattitude. I'll have opinions about the draft and FA, but I'll trust that Nick will make the right selections based on a very disciplined approach and very careful and complete analysis.

islandah said:
Forgetting the juice reference, which seems to have gone over some heads or invoked homophobic concerns in others, my point is have you gotten to the point where you can just trust some of Nick's decisions even if it differs from your knee-jerk reaction? Of course, every coach can and should be second guessed from time to time, but I know I certainly have a large degree of trust in Nick's decisions. I realize he's working with a lot more information than I have and he's demonstrated a firm grasp of what he wants to do and how he wants to get there. I think he's earned a little lattitude. I'll have opinions about the draft and FA, but I'll trust that Nick will make the right selections based on a very disciplined approach and very careful and complete analysis.
I trust Saban 100% from this point forward. If he were to come out tomorrow and say "I'm trading Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown," I would trust that he knows what he's doing, and has the bigger picture in mind.

Back
Top Bottom