Are you drinkin' the Saban juice yet? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are you drinkin' the Saban juice yet?

And Omni claims I'm the one with issues. Gentlemen, it is an expression, to drink the juice/koolaid. If you are thinking sea men, you've got issues.

Hey I was at Lambaeu Field for the MNF games against the Packers. We lost, but I represented well!! Boy, was that a fun time.

http://www.greaton.com/pack/images/017_14A.JPG

That's a better one

I had been drinking the Saban Juice ever since he was announced as head coach

islandah said:
I guess at 27, you're too young to get the reference. *Sigh.* Refers to Jim Jones and the cult he had at Jonestown. He had the believers so hooked that he convinced them all to commit mass suicide by drinking cyanide laced juice (including their children). Since then, "drinking the juice" has come to mean "Are you a true believer?" in a tongue-in-cheek way. Please don't make me explain tongue-in-cheek!

It was Kool-Aid and that is the phrase that gets thrown out most: "drinking the juice" is sort of a *******ization of the kool-aid quip.

Always was. He and Houck are the best signings we could have made.

But... it's not all or nothing. You don't have to agree with every decision the man makes to be flat out excited he's in charge. Just like once in a while, accidently, Wanny made the right decision.

I think Saban has made a mistake with the qb situation all year, and I bet you that Saban, privately, wishes he had it to do over again.

No one, not even Saban, is perfect. And few personnel decisions are 100% right or 100% wrong... shades of gray, my man.

And, hey, debating the choices is half the fun of being a fan, isn't it?

So, the answer to all the questions you posed is "never was off the bandwagon" except for this one:

Or do you still think Sage should have started the SD game?

And my answer to that is "yes". And would be if Gus threw for 500 yards. Gus is not our future and every start he makes is a waste.

Other than that, though, yeah boy, it's fun being a Dolphin fan again!

I was at the San Diego game and the mood was electric... for the away team.

nopony said:
Always was. He and Houck are the best signings we could have made.

But... it's not all or nothing. You don't have to agree with every decision the man makes to be flat out excited he's in charge. Just like once in a while, accidently, Wanny made the right decision.

I think Saban has made a mistake with the qb situation all year, and I bet you that Saban, privately, wishes he had it to do over again.

No one, not even Saban, is perfect. And few personnel decisions are 100% right or 100% wrong... shades of gray, my man.

And, hey, debating the choices is half the fun of being a fan, isn't it?

So, the answer to all the questions you posed is "never was off the bandwagon" except for this one:

And my answer to that is "yes". And would be if Gus threw for 500 yards. Gus is not our future and every start he makes is a waste.

Other than that, though, yeah boy, it's fun being a Dolphin fan again!

I was at the San Diego game and the mood was electric... for the away team.

So I take it you think Sage is or could be our future? See, this is why I trust Nick. Not because Gus had a good game, but because Nick realizes he does more for the future of this team by consistently reinforcing Linehan's system, and being a veteran to mentor next year's rookie. Every game is he starts is not a waste, it's more reps for the offense learning the system. Sage had 1 emotional 4th quarter comeback against a poorly coached prevent defense, when he had nothing to lose. Doesn't make him the starter.

But I agree, if we can't argue it, what's the point of logging on!

So I take it you think Sage is or could be our future?

Not really. I think there is about a .5% chance that Sage could be our future.

But there is .oo% chance that Gus is.

And remember, playing Gus hasn't exactly made us superbowl contenders... if that was the case, then of course, you're right. But when a qb starts a team off 3-6 and is, what, the 30th rated qb in the nfl????... then it's time to play young.

Wanny did it for five years... stay with the guy you mistakenly believe is your best chance to win.

This offseason will tell us a lot of how good Saban is witht eh qb postion... but this year was another in a long line of wasted years, making no forward progress with the position at all.

We would have been better off to play one of our qbs all year, one year each for the last six years (Fieldler, Griese, Feeley, Sage, etc) then this horrible waste of time with Fieldler and his cousin Gus.

I love Saban, but we are still treading water at that postion... and more importantly, never grooming anyone for the future... just treading the calm waters of mediocrity.

Drinking the Saban juice?

I don't participate in sordid behavior. :D

Sban juice ssooo tahts what thi****is called fuuck what astrange nammne for adrink anyeays im too watedse on sabams juice i can barely tygaerzpe.......... im slepppiy(Passes out)

nopony said:
I love Saban, but we are still treading water at that postion... and more importantly, never grooming anyone for the future... just treading the calm waters of mediocrity.

I believe Saban knew we would be treading water at qb this year regardless of which mediocre qb played, so he has consistently played the one he thinks does the most for the future of the team. Gus is that guy because he's a vet that knows linehan's system and will be the mentor to the new guy and his eventual backup. Sage (or AJ, or Lemon) have obviously not impressed him as the future and would not do anything to set us up for the future, so he has wisely passed on them IMO.

Back
Top Bottom