Are you f&*^*& kidding me!!!!! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are you f&*^*& kidding me!!!!!

Worst play call EVER

DAMN!!!! my sausage fingers hit the thumb down button. THUMBS UP on the worst call ever. Pete really deserves the choke sign on that. This will be the football equivalent of the Bill Buckner ball through the legs play losing the world series and ending the bambino curse for the red Sox.

This will follow Pete the rest of his career and be the title discusion and comment on his legacy.

CHOKE!!!

I believe that their coach didn't want the game to be about Marshawn Lynch, I really think that he's disgusted with him and didn't want to add another layer of negotiations and more heftier money demands from lynch, what reason could there had been?

So we have this guy named Beast Mode...

1 yard to go for the Super Bowl.

Lets get cute and pass it.

:bobdole:

Honestly, the worst coaching call I have ever witnessed or head about period.

Everybody at my party was like that coordinator needs to be fired TONIGHT. I think the game plan he opened the game with was horrible too. Good thing he adjusted

Everybody at my party was like that coordinator needs to be fired TONIGHT. I think the game plan he opened the game with was horrible too. Good thing he adjusted

I don't know if Carroll is just falling on his sword but he's not just defending the play, he's saying he's the one that told them to pass.

I don't know if Carroll is just falling on his sword but he's not just defending the play, he's saying he's the one that told them to pass.

In that situation i think the head coach does have a good deal of say in the call. Critical moment

It's not just calling a pass play vs. running Lynch that is so mind boggling.

It's also the freakin' play itself that was called: passing into the teeth of a defense loaded up in the middle. WITH A QB THAT isn't deadly accurate in tight windows.

The levels of stupid on this play... well, it's easily the dumbest, most monumentally dumb play that I've ever seen.

LD

My first impression of that call was definitely WTF is he thinking, but there are a couple of things to consider.

I can't believe that I am going to try and defend Carroll

If Seahawks score right away after picking up 4 yards on first down with 1 full minute to go and the Pats have two time outs...that is way too much time.
Letting the clock run down until about 26 seconds to go is the correct thing to do.

The idea of going with 1 run and 1 pass on 2nd and 3rd down makes sense because they only have 1 time out left.
The pass on 2nd down makes sense as it still gives the run option on 3rd down/then time out if unsuccessful.

The Pats short yardage defense worked well in the game. Lynch was only 1/3 on 3rd down and < 3 yards to go ( touchdown in 2nd qtr).

While my first impression that it was truly the worst call in the history of the NFL, looking at it a little more makes me think it was not as bad as I originally thought...and that it was just a great read by Butler the CB.

My first impression of that call was definitely WTF is he thinking, but there are a couple of things to consider.

I can't believe that I am going to try and defend Carroll

If Seahawks score right away after picking up 4 yards on first down with 1 full minute to go and the Pats have two time outs...that is way too much time.
Letting the clock run down until about 26 seconds to go is the correct thing to do.

The idea of going with 1 run and 1 pass on 2nd and 3rd down makes sense because they only have 1 time out left.
The pass on 2nd down makes sense as it still gives the run option on 3rd down/then time out if unsuccessful.

The Pats short yardage defense worked well in the game. Lynch was only 1/3 on 3rd down and < 3 yards to go ( touchdown in 2nd qtr).

While my first impression that it was truly the worst call in the history of the NFL, looking at it a little more makes me think it was not as bad as I originally thought...and that it was just a great read by Butler the CB.

On Sirius MTC: Pat Kirwan said given spread personnel vs goal line defense why not spread them out and force NE to cover that or call TO; then throw a SAFE PASS to the boundary? He also said it was a good 1 on 1 matchup vs an UFA DB. Unfortunately NE practiced that slant play in practice and Butler screwed it up. Seattle could not know that he was going to be hyper-ready for that.

Also, I can't stop thinking about the offsides on the 1 yd line after the Int. If Seattle gets a safety there then a field goal wins it. They might have then been able to fair catch and attept an unobstructed free kick off the KO tee (seldom used kick that is in the rulebook). You see kickers' kickoffs go through the uprights from that range. Otherwise they have 15 seconds and a TO to get a FG. But NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Bennett jumps offsides, game over.

1st rule to beat the Patriots: Make NE beat you, don't beat yourself. That's how they win so many games.

RW

Why didnt belichek call a timeout i was so confused on that play. If they would of ran new england wouldnt of even had enough time. But if they would of stopped the clock and then sea runs it in New England has 50seconds to get a tieing fg. Instead new England lets the clock run and then the idiots pass wtf

Why didnt belichek call a timeout i was so confused on that play. If they would of ran new england wouldnt of even had enough time. But if they would of stopped the clock and then sea runs it in New England has 50seconds to get a tieing fg. Instead new England lets the clock run and then the idiots pass wtf

The explanation given was that NE was comfortable with their defensive play/personnel designed to stop Lynch, daring Seattle to pass. Belichick is known for taking away the biggest threat. Rather than use their TOs to save time for a comeback, BB let the clock run to PUT PRESSURE ON SEATTLE to decide and execute a play (which is what we all wish Joe Philbin would have done vs Green Bay) and it did work. Maybe Philbin indirectly helped NE win this game.

RW

Back
Top Bottom