Are you still a Vick fan? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are you still a Vick fan?

I never understood why a lot of guys hated him for the sake of hating him but I was never a huge fan anyway. I never bought the hype really, and I thought the products Nike brought out with his name all sucked.

Never was a fan of the thug image. Just MO

I've never hated Michael Vick, but I am definitely not a fan.

Do I believe he is a bad role model; yes, for many reasons.

never really was a fan for him or cheered for him but I did like to see him play.

true but we cannot replace justice with public opinion. remember how they treated the Duke LAcrosse team.
At the very least Vick shows gross negligence for not knowing this was taking place on HIS property. Even the highest level of possible innocence for Vick would fall under the umbrella of the NFL's conduct policy and would warrant a suspension. When Pacman's entourage shoots up a strip joint he may not have pulled the trigger but he's suspended for negligent association. Let the legal proceedings play out however they will, a league suspension is a separate issue with separate criteria and is very necessary in this situation if Goodell wants to show any consistency.

true but we cannot replace justice with public opinion. remember how they treated the Duke LAcrosse team.

I do remember and I didn't think they were guilty. I thought there was a girl who thought she would get hush money and settle out of court. My public opinion won't sway this case one way or another.

Before we hang him from a rope why don't we actually convict him of something first?

Whether you think he was involved or not doesn't matter, what matters is when it is determined in a court of law.

I was a fan his first few years in the league but have lost interest over the course of his career.

Vick is a great athlete, but a bad person.
Never was a fan.
Did you hear Jay Leno's comment the other day on this?
I don't have the exact quote, but it was something like:
"I wonder how that poor guy that got suspended for smoking pot must feel now."

Back
Top Bottom