Are Your Fears Dispelled???? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are Your Fears Dispelled????

I still have a couple fears. Namely QB and Oline, but I don't think anybody could possibly have doubts to whether Saban can coach in the NFL.

All year ive been predicting 8-8. I dont think im going to go back on that just yet. But a couple weeks ago i was hoping for a playoff push...now i think its a legit possibility.

Denver was undefeated in the preseason. Obviously THAT's meaningless. The good thing about today's game was that we beat ourselves in a lot of ways and still dominated.

My prediction was 13-3 winning the superbowl. Im sticking to it. This performance didnt surprise me. we have a hell of a football team.

MDFINFAN said:
Were you watching the same game, if we run the ball like this all year, we'll be out of the playoff race early...Running is still one area we need to improve, badly.

I agree, we need to run better but Ronnie Brown showed flashes and made 2 crucial plays deep in Broncos territory for us.

MDFINFAN said:
Were you watching the same game, if we run the ball like this all year, we'll be out of the playoff race early...Running is still one area we need to improve, badly.

I agree with that, but it was ok today. Our QB did not get knocked around and that was more important today. Denver has been one of the best in run D for a long time so that would attribute. I have seen improvement across the board so I am confident Hudson can figure it out. Afterall they were stacking the box on us daring Gus to beat them...he did. Next team won't be so anxious to load the box, so that will help to. Remember what Coach Houck said preseason " every aspect of the offense effects the efficiency of the o-line. I feel gooooood !

Most of my major concerns from the preseason were answered to some degree today. The interior defensive line shut down one of the best running attacks in the game. The secondary played well especially against Lelie. Gus played smart football and executed a great game plan from our coaching staff. The offensive line looked pretty good and took what the defense allowed them. I predicted 10 wins before the preseason started, I began to doubt that during the preseason but it looks realistic again. As good a start as you can get in one week, bring on the Jets!!

FemaleFinFan said:
No all my fears are not put to rest.
I'm still concerned about the Oline, QB situation, and secondary...

Yep, me too :(

8-8. Despite a pitiful performance from the Bronco O, it was still a game going into the fourth. We aint perfect, but we aint 4-12 either.

FemaleFinFan said:
No all my fears are not put to rest.
I'm still concerned about the Oline, QB situation, and secondary...

Secondary was very good. O-line needs work on run blocking, but did excellent against numerous blitzes and pass blocking.
Frerotte was efficient.
Don't be afraid of the dark. Just imagine how the Broncos and Jets fans are feeling after their respective teams spent the preseason being overhyped.

Despacio said:
8-8. Despite a pitiful performance from the Bronco O, it was still a game going into the fourth. We aint perfect, but we aint 4-12 either.

Game was over in the 3rd quarter. Do you actually watch the games or just look at the scoreboard?

jlfin said:
Game was over in the 3rd quarter. Do you actually watch the games or just look at the scoreboard?

I watch the game, thank you. But when Wes fumbled and the Broncos scored off it, it was a ten point game. Yes, we put up 7 on the next posession, but the Broncos secondary was weakened and the corner was hardly able to run due to a sore hammy or cramp I belive. Booker is not that fast. On top of that there was a pick by Frerotte due to miscommunication, a bizarre pass/toss to Brown as the half expired that could have been a turnover at the fifty but wasnt thanks to Ronnie's awarenes, as well as three overall turnovers by us. So, again, were not prefect, but we arent 4-12 either, ok?

WitheringPlant said:
I still have a couple fears. Namely QB and Oline, but I don't think anybody could possibly have doubts to whether Saban can coach in the NFL.

That doubt has been buried

I predicted "between 7-9 to 9-7, with 10-6 and a wild-card berth a possibility if EVERY break goes our way."

Having seen today's game, I feel a little more optimistic, but I'll wait to see another game or two before talking about changing my prediction. Playing on the road against a traditionally tough division rival should tell us a lot about this team.

Back
Top Bottom