Aren't you glad we didn't get Ramsey or Brunell? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Aren't you glad we didn't get Ramsey or Brunell?

Dphins4me said:
Smith started one year. His senior year. He was a one year wonder.

Smith rotated as a starter as a junior with Maas and did very well then too.
Dphins4me said:
I'm so sick of hearing about how great Wolf and how we should suck his johnson because he liked Feeley. Would someone please tell me outside of the little run with GB where he traded for Favre and drafted Hasselbeck, Brunell, Brooks, just what other QB did Wolf find during his career. Steve Beuerlin folks is the only QB drafted that stuck by the Raiders from '78 to '89. And when he was with the Jets in '90 he draft Troy Taylor.

Also if he liked Feeley so much then why did GB not draft him in '01?

I think that is a pretty good run of drafting lightly regarded QBs and turning them into higher draft picks later. I wish Miami would have had the foresight to have done it. Besides QBs, wouldn't you agree that he put together the nucleus of the GB Super Bowl teams of the 90s?
He said he didn't like what he saw of Feeley at Oregon and did not really become attracted to him as a QB until what he did at Philly in 2002. Jim Fassel also shared those sentiments.

Dphins4me said:
I'm not saying Feeley will be a bad QB, but since when does a 3rd string QB cost a 2nd round pick and why couldn't he beat out Koy Detmer? Funny Feeley could not beat out Detmer, but Miami had no interest in him, yet give up a 2nd for Feeley.
This has been discussed here ad naseum since the trade. Apparently Philly kicker David Akers felt most comfortable with Detmer as his holder, so for that reason Detmer was listed as #2 on game days so he could hold and still keep an active roster spot open for another player to dress for the game. As you know, a team can only dress a designated #3 QB as an extra player. That particular player can't be just the holder. Some people question this about the Detmer as holder thing, but we all know how kickers can be eccentric, sort of like relief pitchers in baseball. :)
It was said that if McNabb would have had to miss games for an extended period that Feeley, not Detmer would have started. I never asked Andy Reid personally, just what has been repeated here many times and corroberated by Eagles fans, for whatever that's worth.

Dphins4me said:
A couple of years? He has been in the league for 3 year already. His time is now, not 2 years from now. If Miami gave up a 2nd for a QB 3 years from now, then that my friend is a stupid trade.
How long did it take for Hasselbeck to become the full time starter in Seattle?
He played in GB less than Feeley played in Philly didn't he? He had only 29 attempts with 13 completions in 2 years in GB all in mop up duty. He never started a game of course with ironman Favre ahead of him.
It was not until his 2nd year in Seattle that he was playing at a high level and not until his 3rd year that he started every game.
IMO, we owe Feeley that much time too before we start complaining too loudly.
Speilman was ready to pay a low 1st rounder straight up for Hasselbeck in 2001 but he had to check with Wanny first, and in the mean time Seattle came in with what IMO was a lesser offer, but out of friendship to Mike Holmgren they went ahead and made the trade before Speilman could get back to them. I can only imagine the voices of protest we'd have heard in 2001 if we'd have made that trade. It would have been worse than the complaints about taking Fletcher with our 1st, I would guess. :)

Ramsey is still an upgrade over Fiedler/Feeley regardless of the bad game he had on Monday.

If I was in your situation I'd love to have him.

I'm not too high on Brunell, so it's up to him to prove he still has something left in him. But I dont criticize the Fins for passing on him.

Washington's line is awefull and unfortunately ours might not be much better. We'll see how things shape up. Ramsey didn't have more than a three step drop and someone was in his face, same with Brunell. Can't fault a qb there...

Back
Top Bottom