Aren't you glad we didn't get Ramsey or Brunell? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Aren't you glad we didn't get Ramsey or Brunell?

Ramsey is looking lost out there and vs 2nd stringers mostly.

Ramsey has the tools to be great but I'm not sure about his has mental toughness or awerness to play QB.

You have got to give them time. It is only the first preseason game, not to mention both QB's are dealing with a new offense. Brunell and Ramsey are good QB's and time will tell.

Ramsey is the People's Qb here in Washington. I would still take him in a heartbeat regardless of what he looked like in this game.

Did anyone see a few of Brunells lame ducks though. That is something to be concerned about. This guy is a veteran and his passes look like Chris Weinke's.

Ramsey has the tools to be special, just needs a team and a coach to believe in him. He is still young and probably feels somewhat slighted and forced to prove himself. He may end up pushing to hard and his mental well being could take a hit.

I would take Ramsey for both of our starters and keep Sage as the Backup.

BizarroAndres said:
Im glad, Im just upset we wasted a 2nd round pick on a backup

That's an upgrade since we have given four long years of our franchise to a guy that was given up on by every single team, out of the league altogether and was only welcomed back into the NFL as a favor. :shakeno:

Well living by Jax I thought Brunell gave the Jags the best chance to win last year. I thought that maybe when he came back from the injury with the cut on his shoulder that he would get the job but he didn't. I did notice that Brunell did throw the ball out of bounds a lot during training camp.

Trekbiz said:
That's an upgrade since we have given four long years of our franchise to a guy that was given up on by every single team, out of the league altogether and was only welcomed back into the NFL as a favor. :shakeno:

Who cares if every team has given up on him, whats that have to do with anything? As long as he wins games, thats all that matters.

i don't know about you guys but Ramseys backup last year that Tim Hasselbeck looked good playing us. He made Ramsey look bad to me.

BizarroAndres said:
Who cares if every team has given up on him, whats that have to do with anything? As long as he wins games, thats all that matters.

Just stating a fact that you so conveniently leave out when you make remarks about Feeley being a 2nd stringer.

Feeley comes to the Dolphins with much more of a resume than Fiedler did when he came here yet you mock him and worship your hero.

Trekbiz said:
Just stating a fact that you so conveniently leave out when you make remarks about Feeley being a 2nd stringer.

Feeley comes to the Dolphins with much more of a resume than Fiedler did when he came here yet you mock him and worship your hero.

Its easy for feeley to look better than fiedler, than for fiedler to look better than marino. Backups are brought in, and fiedler starts. history repeats itself. i dont mock feeley, and i dont worship fiedler, i just belive fiedler is more likely to lead us to the playoffs than some kid who has never lead a team

Dphins4me said:
So if Miami traded its No. 1 pick in next years draft to the Giants for Ron Dayne we should not say that was a stupid trade, because he has not played a down for Miami yet?

It was a 2nd round pick for a 3rd string QB, who has only started about 12 games since HS (1997)

As I have said before. Regardless of what Feeley does. RS overpaid at the time of the trade. And with the way things are looking Miami might have a high 2nd round pick. That just makes the blow worse.
That is a ridiculous analogy. Ron Dayne has proven himself to be worthless. Brett Farve was a third stringer on the Falcons. Who was unproven at one point too.

Regardless of what Feeley does we have overpaid? Really. Regardless of whatever he does, huh? I don't think I have to extrapolate on that. I'm pretty sure you can figure out what I am going to say next...

My point is that you...nor I know anything about the kid. Unlike Ron Dayne. We both know he sucks.

BizarroAndres said:
Its easy for feeley to look better than fiedler, than for fiedler to look better than marino. Backups are brought in, and fiedler starts. history repeats itself. i dont mock feeley, and i dont worship fiedler, i just belive fiedler is more likely to lead us to the playoffs than some kid who has never lead a team

Sorry bud have to point one thing out here. Marino came in and replaced a super bowl qb by the way of Woodley in is Rookie year. I have faith that Feeley will oust Jay as starter. I look for Fiedler to be backing up on someother team next year. He will not want to play 2nd to Feeley. Fiedler doesn't impress defenses or scare them with his arm. He would be a decent backup but nothing more than that. his days are numbered.

marinotoclayton said:
Sorry bud have to point one thing out here. Marino came in and replaced a super bowl qb by the way of Woodley in is Rookie year. I have faith that Feeley will oust Jay as starter. I look for Fiedler to be backing up on someother team next year. He will not want to play 2nd to Feeley. Fiedler doesn't impress defenses or scare them with his arm. He would be a decent backup but nothing more than that. his days are numbered.

Take a bow!

Fiedler would be one of the best backups in the league! But after four years of the same int to td ratio, this team needs to just move on from him. THAT'S why Feeley is here! What Feeley does this year is just icing on the cake. They gave away next years 2nd rounder, and not many 2nd round pix start their first year anyway....

Both of those guys blow your QBs away. If i had to my choice of any QB from the dolphins or phins...It would be Ramsey without a doubt. The redskins are pretty dumb for giving up so much for Brunell....personally i think they just did it to piss you guys off.

Am I alone in saying Hasselbeck looked the most impressive Washington QB out there earlier tonight?

I know its a preseason game, but he's about the best third stringer anyones got. [ No jokes about Feeley, he's out starter, and only a former third stringer. ]

I was very impressed with Hasselbeck. Like he said on Total Access a while ago, he was excited just to return to a team and be able to go through a training camp with a team, and it shows. He looked very comfortable and confident, and he made alot of good plays in the clutch, even if it's only preseason. He showed he had decent potential last year, but he went through some extremely rough games. However, he had only been on the team for a few weeks when he was thrust into the starting position for a team with horrid pass protection.

Back
Top Bottom