Arent' you glad we picked Ronnie Brown instead of Cadillac? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Arent' you glad we picked Ronnie Brown instead of Cadillac?

I'm certainly glad Saban made the pick he did. To be honest, I don't follow college football very much, so I had no real preference at draft time, though Ronnie Brown was a beast from what I had read.

But you never know, I don't believe players careers are set in stone, if that's the correct way of wording it. For example, who knows what kind of player Ryan Leaf could have been if he had the right staff to teach him and a QB to learn under for a few years. Or Randy Moss could have been drafted by the Packers and pulled a Yatil Green. Or if Drew Bledsoe had chosen not to run on that play, and Brady was never given a shot. If he doesn't get a chance for a few more years, does he still become the player he is now?

Sorry, I can never stay on topic..

Again with this Ronnie Brown stuff, kingjust30...

Nobody has been proven wrong. He would take 10 backs over Ronnie Brown? Good for him. That's his opinion. If he changes his mind over one game, good for him also.

People have talked down (and will continue to) about Ronnie mainly because of his inability to stay healthy for a full season, atleast from what I've seen. It's not about his talent. Nobody can deny his talent, but until he can stay healthy for the most part for atleast a season or two surely you can see why people are concerned.

Edwards might not have been a half bad pick...of course, we didn't have anyone to throw him the ball.

i was all over ronnie before the draft. I live off sec football and being a vols fan i watched that auburn team pumel tenn and the rest of the sec. I wanted ronnie because he was beat to death coming out of the ncaa like caddy and cedric were.

U can never tell, if we had drafted one of the other backs things might have been differant. Caddy is a very good back he suffered a real bad injury and at this point Ronnie has stayed healthier. One year from now Cadillac may make a comeback and Ronnie may have a career ending injury. If we had taken Gore at the second pick we would have grimaced but he was the best back in that draft to this point. I would still say overall Braylon edwards has been a better player because he has put up at least one top level season.

I'd take Cadillac all day long over Ronnie Brown. Great backs are always feature backs. The so-called all-around backs have their days but inevitably they drift into obscurity and never fully pan out. That's been true ever since I was a young kid and Donny Anderson of the Packers was ultra typed as the upcoming superstar all-around back.

I've never criticized Ronnie Brown for injuries. Nor will I downgrade Cadillac based on one play. The best back I ever saw in my life was Marcus Dupree and he blew out a knee when he was about 20 years old.

Injuries are random, and so is success when you have a running back you picked #2 but you can never quite figure out what to do with him.

You can look back and see all my posts and arguments for Brown over Benson and Cadillac. Big, fast strong as an ox and can catch with the best of them. the guy can even throw the ball well left handed! If he didn't tear his acl last year we would be talking about him as the one the very best in the league (consistency and health are the only things holding him back from being in the very top echelon)

yeah funny and to think everyone wanted cadillac

Back
Top Bottom