Armando Allen commits to Notre Dame | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Allen commits to Notre Dame

Trekbiz said:
Holy Schnike's did UM drop! :lol:

Shannon has a ton of work to do to salvage a class this year.

He has actually done a very good job keeping UM afloat and getting players that were scared after Coker got fired to come back. UM isnt gonna have any problems with our recruiting class. It wont be top notch but it wont be bad either

Alex44 said:
He has actually done a very good job keeping UM afloat and getting players that were scared after Coker got fired to come back. UM isnt gonna have any problems with our recruiting class. It wont be top notch but it wont be bad either

Ummm Wow look at the U now. There class is going to be horrible to there standards and your saying that its not gunna be bad? I don't think it will be good at all! I am not saying thats not to be expected tho. There are alot of teams that come and raid Florida and Urban Meyer and Bobby Bowden are already way way way better recruiters than Shannon is. Miami has alot working againist it. Graig Cooper the #1 prospect coming out of the Prep School who was a Miami commit has now opened it back up. Miami, North Carolina, and the Florida Gators are all in the hunt. Hurricanes need to get him back and get some more talent. last year was bad and if this year is bad than Miami will be in bad shape for the future.

Trekbiz said:
Shannon has a ton of work to do to salvage a class this year.

I could not agree more, But its not his fault and I think he was put in a very bad place. Even some of the best recruiter can't get good classes this late in the game. I think we will find out just ho good Shannon can recruit next year. This year is too deep a hole and when your starting behind recruiting guru's like Urban Meyer, Bobby Bowden, and lets also not forget that everyone come to FL to recruit.

Skeet84 said:
Ummm Wow look at the U now. There class is going to be horrible to there standards and your saying that its not gunna be bad? I don't think it will be good at all! I am not saying thats not to be expected tho. There are alot of teams that come and raid Florida and Urban Meyer and Bobby Bowden are already way way way better recruiters than Shannon is. Miami has alot working againist it. Graig Cooper the #1 prospect coming out of the Prep School who was a Miami commit has now opened it back up. Miami, North Carolina, and the Florida Gators are all in the hunt. Hurricanes need to get him back and get some more talent. last year was bad and if this year is bad than Miami will be in bad shape for the future.

Last year we lost so many games by a TD or less, the only game we werent in the whole time was Louisville. So its not like we were that far off to start with.

It doesnt show on paper yet because they havent commited, but a lot of players that were not going to commit have changed their minds and decided to visit with Shannon (Who has already secured a couple defensive players, a talented WR, and is visiting the #5 WR in the country tommorow.)

Urban wont be the better recruiter for very long, Randy identifys with kids in South Florida far better. He has been along their path and been through the same things they have. This year Florida will obviously have a better class, but as for Bowden he only has 9 commitments at the moment.

We only have a few commitments because

A) We dont have an offensive coordinator and at least 4 or 5 kids that I know of are waiting to see who we hire

B) Coker getting fired scared them a bit, but most are already considering coming anyway.

Lets wait for everything to finalize before we say UM is in bad shape, because 90% of our defense will be coming back and they were already 12th in the NCAA so even with just an average class this year we will be fine.

Alex44 said:
Last year we lost so many games by a TD or less, the only game we werent in the whole time was Louisville. So its not like we were that far off to start with.

It doesnt show on paper yet because they havent commited, but a lot of players that were not going to commit have changed their minds and decided to visit with Shannon (Who has already secured a couple defensive players, a talented WR, and is visiting the #5 WR in the country tommorow.)

Urban wont be the better recruiter for very long, Randy identifys with kids in South Florida far better. He has been along their path and been through the same things they have. This year Florida will obviously have a better class, but as for Bowden he only has 9 commitments at the moment.

We only have a few commitments because

A) We dont have an offensive coordinator and at least 4 or 5 kids that I know of are waiting to see who we hire

B) Coker getting fired scared them a bit, but most are already considering coming anyway.

Lets wait for everything to finalize before we say UM is in bad shape, because 90% of our defense will be coming back and they were already 12th in the NCAA so even with just an average class this year we will be fine.

The #5 WR would be who? Just becuase he is visiting does not mean alot.
Florida State always closes really well and get alot of their kids about deadline time. Shannon may be a better recruiter than Urban Meyer, But I highly highly doubt that. Urban Meyer has proven already to be a great recruiter. Not just a good one, But one of the best in the land. For you to say that Miami will have a better class next year because Shannon has been there before is crazy. I am sure some will care. But for the most part it will be how good the program is and where the program is going. Did you by chance see Florida class last year? Have you taken a look this year? Shannon would have to do alot to be a better recruiter than Meyer. I am not saying anything about Miami's football team next year whether they will be good or bad. All i am saying is that they are in horrible shape this year recruiting to their standards. Its not gunna get much better either. They just had 2 good ball played decommit. One went to LSU and the other to Florida. They have a couple more thinking of decommiting (But alot of teams have kids like that). They are not on the major radar for alot of good talent this year. I am only talking about this year when I say they are in bad shape recruiting wise. Offensive Coordinator sure has some to do with it along with a major reason that Coker got fired. Yet again reasons why I say they are in bad shape recruiting wise. Only way to find out how good Shannon can recruit is to sit back and whatch next year.

Skeet84 said:
Where did you hear this? I can only find him as a 3 star recruit, and the 27th ranked RB. And I don't see anything about UF on his list.

Skeet84 said:
The #5 WR would be who? Just becuase he is visiting does not mean alot.
Florida State always closes really well and get alot of their kids about deadline time. Shannon may be a better recruiter than Urban Meyer, But I highly highly doubt that. Urban Meyer has proven already to be a great recruiter. Not just a good one, But one of the best in the land. For you to say that Miami will have a better class next year because Shannon has been there before is crazy. I am sure some will care. But for the most part it will be how good the program is and where the program is going. Did you by chance see Florida class last year? Have you taken a look this year? Shannon would have to do alot to be a better recruiter than Meyer. I am not saying anything about Miami's football team next year whether they will be good or bad. All i am saying is that they are in horrible shape this year recruiting to their standards. Its not gunna get much better either. They just had 2 good ball played decommit. One went to LSU and the other to Florida. They have a couple more thinking of decommiting (But alot of teams have kids like that). They are not on the major radar for alot of good talent this year. I am only talking about this year when I say they are in bad shape recruiting wise. Offensive Coordinator sure has some to do with it along with a major reason that Coker got fired. Yet again reasons why I say they are in bad shape recruiting wise. Only way to find out how good Shannon can recruit is to sit back and whatch next year.
This has been my point to a few of my co-workers who keep saying just bc Shannon is here he is going to rake in the talent next year.

I think Shannon can be a really good recruiter, but IF the team implodes again next season as they did this season ... Some players will not want to deal with that.

I agree with Skeet that Shannon was put in a tough position and really has to work his ARSH off to salvage this class. He was on the radio yesterday and Joe Rose (commentatior down here) asked him what his plans are to fix the Offense. His answer was "I have not even thought about it... too busy preparing for the game and recruiting". While I understand he has to prepare and continue to recruit, HOW does he not even THINK about the offensive woes? Personally I think he would be better off getting the O cordinator he wants NOW, thus showing he is trying to fix the biggest problem with the U. THEN worry about selling recruits.

If he is not careful, he could lose more recruits that wanted to see who he hires for O cordinator.

wow Texas is pulling in a monster class. Heard on the brodcast of the 2A championship that their big stud QB out of Ocala has been considering de-committing and heading to maybe UF. why?? We have all kind of studs comming and Timmy already there at QB. Oh well, Texas still has a great class so far.

Timmy54 said:
wow Texas is pulling in a monster class. Heard on the brodcast of the 2A championship that their big stud QB out of Ocala has been considering de-committing and heading to maybe UF. why?? We have all kind of studs comming and Timmy already there at QB. Oh well, Texas still has a great class so far.
:hmmm: yeah that's weird, and we have another 4-star QB who's already committed to the gators, and i guess he'll be tim's backup.

UF Fin Kat said:
:hmmm: yeah that's weird, and we have another 4-star QB who's already committed to the gators, and i guess he'll be tim's backup.
:yes: Cam Newton, he's pretty good too. Actually we have him and then nother 3 star QB as well.

UF Fin Kat said:

I don't think Cameron Newton will be the back-up. I think it will be Bryan Waggener

Back
Top Bottom