Armando Allen commits to Notre Dame | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Allen commits to Notre Dame

finswin56 said:
I wonder why there could be such a huge disparity?
Do these sites often have big difference in how they rank prospects?
I don't follow the recruiting all that much.

Yes they really do. Like Torrey Davis is #3 rated in the whole country on Rivals and on ESPN he is #81. Just depends on what they think and what they did or did not like on the film they whatched. I tend to agree more with Rivals.

DonShula84 said:
Turns out AA switched to ND because we changed our minds and let him early enroll. That was a big deal for him so he could rehab his knee at college facilities. ND needed the boost in speed more than UF anyway :tongue:

DS are you a Domer alum or just a fan? my wife is a Domer. i like this kid from what ive seen.

Oboy said:
Look at ND climb! Wow, hey Don... how many of those recruits are D? IMO for you guys to really be there with the TOP teams, you NEED some speed on D.

1/2 are defense. The big recruits still out there for ND are Chris Donald- #1 ranked Inside LB. ND needs him badly so hopefully we get lucky and steal him from Tennessee. And Martez Wilson. Though I think we'll lose Wilson to the used car salesman Zook.

DonShula84 said:
1/2 are defense. The big recruits still out there for ND are Chris Donald- #1 ranked Inside LB. ND needs him badly so hopefully we get lucky and steal him from Tennessee. And Martez Wilson. Though I think we'll lose Wilson to the used car salesman Zook.
Seriously, HOW in the world does Zook pull in so many big recruits? Then again how does he keep getting new coaching jobs when he just does worse and worse at every job he gets?

He has to be the best salesman in the world! IT IS UNREAL! :shakeno:

Oboy said:
Seriously, HOW in the world does Zook pull in so many big recruits? Then again how does he keep getting new coaching jobs when he just does worse and worse at every job he gets?

He has to be the best salesman in the world! IT IS UNREAL! :shakeno:

I think it goes beyond him being a good salesman he is dirty. I dont necessarily mean he pays people, but he uses negative recruiting like no one else. Instead of just talking about his school he's talking up all the negatives of other schools type thing. He is a horrible coach so none of these players will ever realize their potential though.

lol after I typed this I just read that that D'Angelo McCray, 4th ranked DT in the country committed to Illinois. :tantrum:

DonShula84 said:
I think it goes beyond him being a good salesman he is dirty. I dont necessarily mean he pays people, but he uses negative recruiting like no one else. Instead of just talking about his school he's talking up all the negatives of other schools type thing. He is a horrible coach so none of these players will ever realize their potential though.

lol after I typed this I just read that that D'Angelo McCray, 4th ranked DT in the country committed to Illinois. :tantrum:

Saying he is dirty and not knowing any real information is just wrong. Now he is not a good coach, But a great recruiter and calling him dirty because of that is awful. :shakeno:

Skeet84 said:
Saying he is dirty and not knowing any real information is just wrong. Now he is not a good coach, But calling him dirty? :shakeno:

I say it based on things Weis has said. He has been asked about coaches negatively recruiting players and bashing ND in the recruiting process. And all this talk was happening when Benn was slipping away from ND and going to U of I. Like I said, I'm not saying he is paying people or doing anything illegal (though the school did just get in trouble for a booster paying kids). How many other 2 win teams with little or no tradition are pulling down 5 star athletes on both sides of the ball? I mean come on.

DonShula84 said:
I say it based on things Weis has said. He has been asked about coaches negatively recruiting players and bashing ND in the recruiting process. And all this talk was happening when Benn was slipping away from ND and going to U of I. Like I said, I'm not saying he is paying people or doing anything illegal (though the school did just get in trouble for a booster paying kids). How many other 2 win teams with little or no tradition are pulling down 5 star athletes on both sides of the ball? I mean come on.

Still almost every college will talk about negative things about other universitys. Besides Zook can recruit and he did it very well at the University of Florida. Besides they may have only won 2 games but Juices Williams was a big story and alot off ppl were talking about how U of I was on the rise. I think you just may be alittle upset that ND did not get some guys because of U of I.

Skeet84 said:
Still almost every college will talk about negative things about other universitys. Besides Zook can recruit and he did it very well at the University of Florida. Besides they may have only won 2 games but Juices Williams was a big story and alot off ppl were talking about how U of I was on the rise. I think you just may be alittle upset that ND did not get some guys because of U of I.

Absolutely! :lol: I mean...it's Illinois :(

Stacks said:
Man those ratings suck!! It's all players from VA!!!

Well thats your opinion and your welcome to it, But I think Rivals is better.

Back
Top Bottom