Armando brings up a GREAT point! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando brings up a GREAT point!

He did bring up some great points...

Pennington mentioned they were playing a soft zone, keeping everything in fron of them....DUH! They no better than to think your going to air it out. DB's can keep their eyes in the miami backfield bc they know the ball 9/10 times will still not get put over their heads.

The problem with Mandos point about attacking defenses is the soft zone covering the middle of the field is the only place we can attack defenses....

This offense is so limited it's sickening. We're trying to play football in a phone booth. We had a had time scoring points last yr against terrible defenses.

We cannot attack a defense when we're only playing with 2/3 of a football field.

Armando didn't bring anything up.. He is not that smart.

Some people here and on other boards have been saying these things for days. He just copies what he reads here and on other Miami boards.

2/3 is being generous. We consistently faced 8+ in the box bc in reality we play 1/3 of the field. Which is why Ginn got open on the wildcat play... they weren't covering the deep ball bc they didnt have to.

I agree...but it appears that the powers that control the team don't want to be overly aggressive...it seems they want a control type of offense...with gimmicks thrown in from time to time. I believe you attack the defense...you run to wear them out and you throw when they drop coverages to protect the run defense.

He did bring up some great points...

Pennington mentioned they were playing a soft zone, keeping everything in fron of them....DUH! They no better than to think your going to air it out. DB's can keep their eyes in the miami backfield bc they know the ball 9/10 times will still not get put over their heads.

The problem with Mandos point about attacking defenses is the soft zone covering the middle of the field is the only place we can attack defenses....

This offense is so limited it's sickening. We're trying to play football in a phone booth. We had a had time scoring points last yr against terrible defenses.

We cannot attack a defense when we're only playing with 2/3 of a football field.

But you have to throw the ball anyway. You don't let them dictate. I'm not sure how much our team dials up plays to stretch the field.. I can tell you not enough. The team takes on the mindset of the coaches. I agree too.. Put the ball in our playmakers hands. Ronnie needs it 20+ times, Ricky and Ginn 10+ times a game. What irks me more is that they don't adjust and move players around to make them more successful. My like Dan Henning is wearing off.

Don't let wordsmithery fool you. "Taking what a defense gives you" is the same thing as "attacking a defense at its weakest point".

Don't let wordsmithery fool you. "Taking what a defense gives you" is the same thing as "attacking a defense at its weakest point".

It is, but his point is, if you want to throw to Ginn even if he has extra ppl covering him, THROW IT ANYWAYS. Take a chance. At least that's exactly how I felt watching the dolphins last sunday. "For god's sake take a bleepin chance C. Pennington ."

There isn't one thing Armando said in that post that I don't agree with 120,000%.

We should be attacking defenses! This whole.. "taking what the defenses give you" bother the hell out of me too! And like many of complaining our playmakers aren't getting enough touches.. I think Armando sums it pretty well..

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...-i-am-certainly-no-xs-and-os-expert--but.html

So, I understand that the solution is to use Henne instead of Pennington (Which I agree), more Ted Ginn (Which I don't agree until he play with some "cajunes", otherwise we will see safeties wearing halloween masks to scare him!!!), more Ronnie,Ricky and Cobbs (I totally agree on this one. Use them as WR's, they are quick and have solid hands).

I believe that Ronnie and Ricky at the same time on the field should be used a lot more, because both of them are good runners, good blockers and good receivers, so you can design lot of stuff when both are on the field. Not to mention they will help poor Long and Carey on their block assigments.

Finally on a good note, if our running defense plays like this all year long, this will be a top 5 run D. Now we concentrate on ST returning game (blocks?) and having one coverage safety on the field (Culver/Clemons) and we will win some games despite our "Offensive" Offense.

the most important thing here to me was, recognize who can make plays and give that person the ball...

for all the crap we gave Cam Cameron, after the 1st two games, he realized give Ronnie the ball... and he did, and Ronnie tore **** up and we scored 23.8 pts per game during that 4 game stretch before the NE game where Ronnie got injured... and that was with our ATROCIOUS defense who couldn't get off the field for ****...

moral of the story, feed Ronnie, feed Ginn, even if you have to FORCE feed, just feed em

So, I understand that the solution is to use Henne instead of Pennington (Which I agree), more Ted Ginn (Which I don't agree until he play with some "cajunes", otherwise we will see safeties wearing halloween masks to scare him!!!), more Ronnie,Ricky and Cobbs (I totally agree on this one. Use them as WR's, they are quick and have solid hands).

I believe that Ronnie and Ricky at the same time on the field should be used a lot more, because both of them are good runners, good blockers and good receivers, so you can design lot of stuff when both are on the field. Not to mention they will help poor Long and Carey on their block assigments.

Finally on a good note, if our running defense plays like this all year long, this will be a top 5 run D. Now we concentrate on ST returning game (blocks?) and having one coverage safety on the field (Culver/Clemons) and we will win some games despite our "Offensive" Offense.

I didn't say Henne instead of Pennington, and neither did the article. And yes.. you throw it to Ginn anyway. Cahones or no cahones.

the most important thing here to me was, recognize who can make plays and give that person the ball...

for all the crap we gave Cam Cameron, after the 1st two games, he realized give Ronnie the ball... and he did, and Ronnie tore **** up and we scored 23.8 pts per game during that 4 game stretch before the NE game where Ronnie got injured... and that was with our ATROCIOUS defense who couldn't get off the field for ****...

moral of the story, feed Ronnie, feed Ginn, even if you have to FORCE feed, just feed em

exactly.. and the more I think about it.. marginal guys like Haartline, Haynos, Hilliard and others should be limited. You have 3 guys for sure.. Ginn, Ronnie and Ricky. Those are your main weapons. And everyone knows it anyway. So dial up the plays to get the ball in their hands. The Wildcat was used to put the ball in Ronnies hands more. Which is fine.. but not when you put Pat White in there. Once you put White in it's not the Wildcat anymore. He's a QB running the spread offense.

I wonder how long it will take for this team to realize who their bread and butter is. It's like if Ronnie has 4 carries for less than 4yds/ carry because he's getting hit in thr backfield they get away from him. Instead of finding a better was to utilize him.

If only it really were this easy....

This theory works if the line can block someone....which all signs are pointing to that not happening, especially on the left side.

exactly.. and the more I think about it.. marginal guys like Haartline, Haynos, Hilliard and others should be limited. You have 3 guys for sure.. Ginn, Ronnie and Ricky. Those are your main weapons. And everyone knows it anyway. So dial up the plays to get the ball in their hands. The Wildcat was used to put the ball in Ronnies hands more. Which is fine.. but not when you put Pat White in there. Once you put White in it's not the Wildcat anymore. He's a QB running the spread offense.

I wonder how long it will take for this team to realize who their bread and butter is. It's like if Ronnie has 4 carries for less than 4yds/ carry because he's getting hit in thr backfield they get away from him. Instead of finding a better was to utilize him.

I kinda agree and disagree...I believe the Dolphins should be using Ronnie and Ricky alot more as running backs...and still use Ronnie in the wildcat, but the Dolphins should use White in the spread...thats his strength...put 5 receivers in and spread the defense...heck the Pats been doing it for years now.

Back
Top Bottom