Armando brings up a GREAT point! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando brings up a GREAT point!

Smiley is new?

Certain things can be blamed on miscommunication, but when the defender owns you, one on one....thats all on you.

I seem to remember Smiley being out injured last year...as a team or offense as you like...they are new together.

Smiley got injured week 12....so he spent at least 9 weeks doing wildcat things.

Don't let wordsmithery fool you. "Taking what a defense gives you" is the same thing as "attacking a defense at its weakest point".

No way, CK -- the ONLY way that is true is IF the offense is clearly more talented than the D at its weakest point. If the D knows you'll go away from your playmakers down to a player that the D is twice as talented as, it's a win for the D even if it's the "weakest point" of the D.

Armando is right in spades on this one: we only have so many playmakers on this offense -- and a whole lot of grocery getters. If Ds can force the essential game plan to the grocery getters, they win the majority of the time -- even if the Dolphins D is doing an above average job.

The assumption of your statement is that the offense is capable of attacking Ds at their weakest point by taking what the D is giving -- that the featured players they are 'giving' the underneath to are talented and skilled enough to be gamebreakers. As someone said, "It ain't necessarily so."

What. Bess a gamebreaker? riiiight. He's lucky to get first downs. I never thought I'd see a WR caught from behind by a DL but I saw it on Sunday. No pressure by him on a D. Phins lose by forcefeeding Bess 9 times out of 10.

LD

I hear a lot of that "throw the ball anyway" crap going on now. Ok, if he "threw the ball anyways" you of course know some of those balls are going to be intercepted, and then all we would be hearing is, "treade Pennington, cut Pennington, bench Pennington". It's a catch 22!!!

No way, CK -- the ONLY way that is true is IF the offense is clearly more talented than the D at its weakest point. If the D knows you'll go away from your playmakers down to a player that the D is twice as talent as, it's a win for the D even if it's the "weakest point" of the D.

Armando is right in spades on this one: we only have so many playmakers on this offense -- and a whole lot of grocery getters. If Ds can force the essential game plan to the grocery getters, they win the majority of the time -- even if the Dolphins D is doing an above average job.

The assumption of your statement is that the offense is capable of attacking Ds at their weakest point by taking what the D is giving -- that the featured players they are 'giving' the underneath to are talented and skilled enough to be gamebreakers. As someone said, "It ain't necessarily so."

What. Bess a gamebreaker? riiiight. He's lucky to get first downs. I never thought I'd see a WR caught from behind by a DL but I saw it on Sunday. No pressure by him on a D. Phins lose by forcefeeding Bess 9 times out of 10.

LD

Bess got the ball because he had the ability to get open quicker than any of the other WR's could before Chadd Pennington got sacked.

Earlier in the game when Henne was holding the ball "longer" waiting for Ginn for example to get open he took a sack or a hit. Ginn is faster grant your but Bess is quicker and catches the ball better, holds onto the ball better and gets more yards that are there after the catch than Ginn for example.
IMO because of the pressure later in the game Penington was looking to Bess as his go to reciever first right away before scanning the field like he should of. Remember Ronnie Brown being upset about being open in the flat later in the game when Cahd threw a incomplete to a covered Bess. Still Bess makes most of those catches and gets open quicker than the other options. As the game wore on Chad P own game broke down and he made some poorer decisions regarding scanning the field.

I could easily say, well, hell, why isn't Armanado our offensive coordiantor, but instead I will say it's sad to say I agree with Armando. And the only reason I say that is because he is simply a beat writer and it should be our offensive coaches think this way.

We need to be more aggresive on offense. It seems like our coaches think being more aggresive means finding different ways to move the ball downfiled, even if it means shying away from our playmakers.

That has got to be some of the most off the wall responses to direct questions i've ever heard

2/3 is being generous. We consistently faced 8+ in the box bc in reality we play 1/3 of the field. Which is why Ginn got open on the wildcat play... they weren't covering the deep ball bc they didnt have to.

That wasnt a WC play. That was Pat White in a pro-style O with ronnie and ricky behind him.

Did you read the article. Armando said pretty much exactly what you said. With the exception of Ginn, Ricky and Ronnie.

Those are exceptions I do not agree with UNTIL someone proves me wrong, and I REALLY hope they do.

NO ONE HAS SHOWN THE ABILITY TO BE A PLAYMAKER ON O.

Bess got the ball because he had the ability to get open quicker than any of the other WR's could before Chadd Pennington got sacked.

Earlier in the game when Henne was holding the ball "longer" waiting for Ginn for example to get open he took a sack or a hit. Ginn is faster grant your but Bess is quicker and catches the ball better, holds onto the ball better and gets more yards that are there after the catch than Ginn for example.
IMO because of the pressure later in the game Penington was looking to Bess as his go to reciever first right away before scanning the field like he should of. Remember Ronnie Brown being upset about being open in the flat later in the game when Cahd threw a incomplete to a covered Bess. Still Bess makes most of those catches and gets open quicker than the other options. As the game wore on Chad P own game broke down and he made some poorer decisions regarding scanning the field.

That's really not true, objectively. The only "get open quicker" Bess does is junk near the LOS. It takes Bess shorter time to run 5 yards than it does for Ginn to run 20 plus, yeah... but the "get open quicker" stuff is a copout. And it totally covers up the fact that if Bess tried to run a legit route down the field he'd take WAY longer than Ginn to get open -- and maybe never at all.

The only way a person can make a statement like that is never having had the pleasure of watching Bess try to get open down the field against man coverage... or watch him try to run real WR routes in the red zone, manned up. Ain't happenin'

LD

Limited offensive co-ordinator and limited QB spells mediocrity. If you watch the game from the stands and not just the limited views from the teli, you see the WR patterns and who is open, Ginn is open but the QB gives up on the primary intermediate read(i.e. 10 yards or more from LOS) and dumps off too quickly to the secondary or third read, which happens to be close to the LOS(Bess). Limited!

Back
Top Bottom