Armando brings up a GREAT point! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando brings up a GREAT point!

No one is suggesting a beat writer for OC. But even a beat writer wouldn't derail a promising drive by sticking in Pat White after gaining a couple of first downs, then running a gong show of QB keepers, running back throwback passes, and flea flicker passes from the wide receiver to the backup tight end... the wide receiver mind you who was signed to a multi million dollar contract to CATCH balls, not throw them. It was a serious circus on that field when Miami had the ball.

The OC has accountability. Let's not forget that.

Derail a promising drive????? You mean the flea flicker that gained us 21 yards to put us inside Atlanta's 20 yard line? I will assume a gong show of qb keepers is 1 since that is how many times we ran a qb keeper. And yes Pat Whites overthrow of Ginn that was a total waste.... why would those silly coaches call a play designed to overthrow the WR?????

I think we ran about 6 plays that were "unconventional" and gained about 25-30yds. And yes we should have had one more big play but they don't all work the way you draw them up.

All four of our turnovers came out of our base offense. Those were the real drive killers and wasted plays. I don't hear anyone arguing we should stay in the wildcat/wildpat full time...... why not????

I agree we should run the ball more. And I believe we will. We are in year two of rebuilding a 1-15 team. We lost to a good Falcons team mainly because we beat ourselves. Let's not run the coaches and the team out of town until they lose at least one more game. I agree if we lose again we should definitely start firing coaches, cutting players, and have zero faith in our team to ever win again. Seriously I think the only reason some people are fans is so they have something to gripe about. Relax guys........ enjoy the effort our team puts on the field. We aren't going to win them all and our team won't always be the best in the league. That doesn't mean we as fans have to lose all faith and show very little respect for the coaches and players we are supposed to be fans of, let's leave that to the beat writers.

Anytime your slowest WR is your most targeted WR... anytime you make a grocery getter the defining aspect of your offense, you deserve what you get: a grocery getter O that is lucky to get the groceries from the corner store -- such an O will NEVER scare decent NFL Ds.

Anytime you feature a 4.65 4.7 WR that makes his living behind the LOS and 7 yards in front of LOS, you are giving up on a gamechanging offense, in effect.

This is the default of Penny. It's becoming the defining aspect of this O: Ginn consistently running free downfield but not targeted consistently. Ginn consistently drawing double-teams and still the QB not taking advantage of Hartline/Cam on intermediate routes.

This is why astute observers say there are not explosive plays in the Phins base offense. This is what the Wildcat covered up last year, with a disproportionate amount of TDs per attempt... this is what gimmicks try to cover up this year: any time you have to activate a 3rd string QB in order to come in the game and get the ball down the field [i.e. be explosive], you've got a HUGE problem.

A HUGE elephant in the living room: Phins invested in a grocery getter QB and 4 out of 5 grocery getter WRs.

Which means: grocery getter offense unless gimmick plays work. Good luck with that.

Sparano and co. have screwed talent evaluation and committed tactical and strategic errors in the supposed upgrade at skill positions, noticeably WR.

Put all this money in OL -- no return yet -- and let your offense feature lowly drafted and undrafted, slow grocery getter WRs?

Right. In the Trifecta we trust, though!

LOL at Henning trying to dance around the obvious issue: all are studs here! lol!

Too funny.

You get what you choose and what you pay for: Sparano has chosen a grocery getter QB and offense, and huge and not so skilled OL to work it. We need a sportscar O and upgrades at several of the slowfeet WRs.

And upgrade at QB, obviously. But Henne ain't it, I'm afraid.

LD

I agree...but it appears that the powers that control the team don't want to be overly aggressive...it seems they want a control type of offense...with gimmicks thrown in from time to time. I believe you attack the defense...you run to wear them out and you throw when they drop coverages to protect the run defense.

This is also what Jimmy Johnson believed and everyone hated our run, run, pass, punt offense........ when it didn't work. And on the other side of the coin you have the Marino years. When we needed to run the ball we coulldn't. Perhaps balance is the best thing. Unfortunately sometime the circumstances of the game dictate that you get away from that balance. I believe last year we were a pretty balanced team so that tells me that is what our coaches want to be. Trying to figure out what run to pass ratio we want to use in a game when we have 4 turnovers and are down by 19 in the 4th qtr may not provide much accuracy.

Spreading the ball around, passing, running, and forcing it to your studs is only a good thing if it works. And when any one of them fails...... any of the other ones look like much better options.

LD

Well not to burst your bubble but the Trifecta has only been here one year. Coming into that year they inhereted a roster that went 1-15 the year before. The team they put on the field went 11-5 and won the division. I guess what they did last year is all forgotten since we lost one game this year?

Just curious who you think we should be putting our trust in? Has Parcells ever left a team in worse shape than when he took it over? It never ceases to amaze me how critical people can be on here. After one loss some are ready to cast aside our whole coaching staff and FO....... why?????? Do you have all the answers?????? Do you know someone who does?????? Have they not proven they have things going in the right direction???? Like Sporano said "I'm not for everybody" I guess that may be a message to some fans as well as spoiled players who think they deserve more.

Henning's comments point more to accomodating Pennington and his deficiencies....(one way of looking at it).....or...

You can look at his comments as playing to Pennington's strengths....

The point is neither one threatens a defense....neither one puts enough points on the board....

This "spread the wealth".....conservative....time consuming...dink and dunk....base offense (that all the turnovers keep coming from) doesn't put any stress on a defense....ironically....it puts more stress on the entire offense to be perfect on every 15 play drive because those 17 or 20 precious points that this offense is capable of mustering are at an absolute premium.....all the way from the Oline's blocks.....to the WR's routes...to the TE's blocks/routes....to the RB's blocks/routes....to the QB's reads/throws.....to the guy with the football in his hands holding onto it and not fumbling......all have to be perfect against NFL caliber defenders over and over and over and over again....just to get a measly 3 points out of a drive....

There are easier ways to score points...lol.....it's called having a QB who can make the defense defend the entire field and that can make plays down the field when he HAS to...or when the opportunity is there....period...

No....not just any dumb**** with a strong arm.....you know what I'm talking about....

LTDaniel is right...."grocery getter QB" +"grocery getter WR's" +"grocery getter play calling" = longer drives....more mistakes....less points...

Miami does not have more than 2 playmakers on offense....I don't care what Henning says.....or they wouldn't be backups on Miami's roster of all places....

You're not going to get any playmakers at QB, WR, etc...by passing them up in favor of offensive lineman....or WR's that can't break that supersonic 4.5-4.6 barrier....

Miami should certainly be running the football more....but that's still not how you score points....as JAWS would say..."points come out of the passing game"....it's fact...

Running the ball is how you keep the football away from the offense on the other side of the field that CAN score points....

Defenses GIVE you something in exchange for something else....for a reason...

....in exchange for something else that they don't want to give up....

POINTS!

MEDIOCRE!

That is what we have today.

It is what it is.

Still think MIA is a 9-7/ 8-8 team.

You want a receiver...

For most of Warfield's tenure in Miami the Dolphins ran an offense which stressed running the ball. Warfield was considered a major threat on any given play. Even though he only caught 29 passes during the 1973 NFL season, 11 of those receptions were touchdowns, with four coming in the first half of the regular season finale. Three years earlier, when he arrived in Miami, he caught only 28 passes but he averaged 25.1 yards per catch.

28 X 25 YDS AVG IS 700 YDS...what did Ginn get...in a full 16 game season...where corners can't mug you after 5 yds?

And that was with the great cannon armed QB named B. Griese...:chuckle:

The only chance that Ginn will ever get to the NFL Hall of Fame is to buy a ticket and look at Warfields statue....to see what a great receiver looks like.

Dude, we're all over you bringing up players from the 70's and trying to compare them with Ginn. We know you dislike Ginn, you don't have to prove it to us on every thread.

Well not to burst your bubble but the Trifecta has only been here one year. Coming into that year they inhereted a roster that went 1-15 the year before. The team they put on the field went 11-5 and won the division. I guess what they did last year is all forgotten since we lost one game this year?

Just curious who you think we should be putting our trust in? Has Parcells ever left a team in worse shape than when he took it over? It never ceases to amaze me how critical people can be on here. After one loss some are ready to cast aside our whole coaching staff and FO....... why?????? Do you have all the answers?????? Do you know someone who does?????? Have they not proven they have things going in the right direction???? Like Sporano said "I'm not for everybody" I guess that may be a message to some fans as well as spoiled players who think they deserve more.

Look, I'm not saying the Trifecta is a failed experiment. Nor am I saying Sparano is a bad coach.

What I am saying [or meaning] is that the Trifecta needs to be accountable beyond themselves. BLIND spots are a deadly thing in a world where yesterday's innovation is today's road kill.

If the Trifecta makes a bad personnel decision, it needs to be acknowledged and accounted for. If Sparano makes bonehead drafting and coaching AND salary accomodations, it needs to be acknowledged and answered for...

NOT a bunch of blind lemmings saying, "You are the greatest and we cannot question you, sir!" "Give me another bruise, sir!"

Right now there are potentially huge failures of strategy and tactics [personnel and drafting] that need to be honestly assessed and answered for... the wildcat covered a multitude of sins last year -- primarily on OL and QB -- lesser on WR -- and these huge weaknesses seem not to have been addressed.

I'm NOT saying fire Sparano and jettison the Trifecta. I am saying it ain't all adding up in football terms. Question everything. Demand accountability. And get more from those paid huge salaries to put a playoff WINNER on the table NOW. Parcells and Sparano rejected the claim that this is rebuilding... then went out and made it a rebuilding year with key personnel moves and calculated non-moves, specifically at skill positions.

When Cam Cameron has a better chance of winning a SB this year than the Phins, something is wrong, imo.

IMVHO, of course! :-)

LD

The NFL is about playmakers, pure and simple. We just don't have any. If you think we do, go back and and review nationwide fantasy football drafts. The secret is out - we don't have difference makers.

Bess is a playmaker also so other than that good read a little drug out but fo sho rickey and ronnie need more carries

The NFL is about playmakers, pure and simple. We just don't have any. If you think we do, go back and and review nationwide fantasy football drafts. The secret is out - we don't have difference makers.
we dont have any?? rickey,,ronnie??:crazy:

Henning's comments point more to accomodating Pennington and his deficiencies....(one way of looking at it).....or...

You can look at his comments as playing to Pennington's strengths....

The point is neither one threatens a defense....neither one puts enough points on the board....

This "spread the wealth".....conservative....time consuming...dink and dunk....base offense (that all the turnovers keep coming from) doesn't put any stress on a defense....ironically....it puts more stress on the entire offense to be perfect on every 15 play drive because those 17 or 20 precious points that this offense is capable of mustering are at an absolute premium.....all the way from the Oline's blocks.....to the WR's routes...to the TE's blocks/routes....to the RB's blocks/routes....to the QB's reads/throws.....to the guy with the football in his hands holding onto it and not fumbling......all have to be perfect against NFL caliber defenders over and over and over and over again....just to get a measly 3 points out of a drive....

There are easier ways to score points...lol.....it's called having a QB who can make the defense defend the entire field and that can make plays down the field when he HAS to...or when the opportunity is there....period...

No....not just any dumb**** with a strong arm.....you know what I'm talking about....

LTDaniel is right...."grocery getter QB" +"grocery getter WR's" +"grocery getter play calling" = longer drives....more mistakes....less points...

Miami does not have more than 2 playmakers on offense....I don't care what Henning says.....or they wouldn't be backups on Miami's roster of all places....

You're not going to get any playmakers at QB, WR, etc...by passing them up in favor of offensive lineman....or WR's that can't break that supersonic 4.5-4.6 barrier....

Miami should certainly be running the football more....but that's still not how you score points....as JAWS would say..."points come out of the passing game"....it's fact...

Running the ball is how you keep the football away from the offense on the other side of the field that CAN score points....

Defenses GIVE you something in exchange for something else....for a reason...

....in exchange for something else that they don't want to give up....

POINTS!

Hennings comments kind of pi**ed me off. I was disappointed to hear him think that all skkiled players are"studs". Like WTF!.. Whodoes he think he's fooling? If we aren't going to go down the field.. then you've got to get the ball to Ricky and Ronnie..

Dude, we're all over you bringing up players from the 70's and trying to compare them with Ginn. We know you dislike Ginn, you don't have to prove it to us on every thread.

Well I guess when I stop hearing how great a receiver Ginn is...I'll stop proving he isn't.

Why is it that you know how I and others feel but don't realize that players like Warfield to just name one, did just great with avg throwing QB's. Griese was never know to have a strong arm...in fact I could swear I heard duck's quacking when his passes were thrown.

By the way Dude...I compare Ginn to the players we had in the 70's because I know what a great player looks like and plays like....but if you rather have a player that played in the 80's...I rather have Duper than Ginn...I hope that makes you feel better.

Anytime your slowest WR is your most targeted WR... anytime you make a grocery getter the defining aspect of your offense, you deserve what you get: a grocery getter O that is lucky to get the groceries from the corner store -- such an O will NEVER scare decent NFL Ds.

Anytime you feature a 4.65 4.7 WR that makes his living behind the LOS and 7 yards in front of LOS, you are giving up on a gamechanging offense, in effect.

This is the default of Penny. It's becoming the defining aspect of this O: Ginn consistently running free downfield but not targeted consistently. Ginn consistently drawing double-teams and still the QB not taking advantage of Hartline/Cam on intermediate routes.

This is why astute observers say there are not explosive plays in the Phins base offense. This is what the Wildcat covered up last year, with a disproportionate amount of TDs per attempt... this is what gimmicks try to cover up this year: any time you have to activate a 3rd string QB in order to come in the game and get the ball down the field [i.e. be explosive], you've got a HUGE problem.

A HUGE elephant in the living room: Phins invested in a grocery getter QB and 4 out of 5 grocery getter WRs.

Which means: grocery getter offense unless gimmick plays work. Good luck with that.

Sparano and co. have screwed talent evaluation and committed tactical and strategic errors in the supposed upgrade at skill positions, noticeably WR.

Put all this money in OL -- no return yet -- and let your offense feature lowly drafted and undrafted, slow grocery getter WRs?

LOL at Henning trying to dance around the obvious issue: all are studs here! lol!

Too funny.

You get what you choose and what you pay for: Sparano has chosen a grocery getter QB and offense, and huge and not so skilled OL to work it. We need a sportscar O and upgrades at several of the slowfeet WRs.

And upgrade at QB, obviously. But Henne ain't it, I'm afraid.

LD

Well it's official... We are in Crazy town... Anyone tell me how to get to FunkyTown?

This relentless assault on Pennington is mind numbingly pedantic.

pe?dan?tic
Show Spelled Pronunciation [puh-dan-tik] Show IPA
–adjective
1. ostentatious in one's learning.
2. overly concerned with minute details or formalisms, esp. in teaching.

We get it. We hear you. WE DON'T AGREE.

Ginn's problem is Ginn... Like to know why he doesn't catch underneath??? Becasue HE DOESN'T DEMAND IT. He is a one trick pony and I don't care how many time he Outruns DB's to the endzone... he will never be a formidable piece of this (or any) offence until he learns that. There is not a single Number 1 WR in this league who does not make catches in traffic underneath or does not know how to get seperation early. Blame Ginn not Pennington...

or maybe it is the 212 guys stacking the box... Seems to me Steve Smith is no secret, might even draw some attention.. Still makes plays. :crazy:

What Henning was trying to say, that seems to have so amazingly slipped under the radar... Is that a team that has 3 good players and no stud needs SOMEONE TO STEP UP ON GAME DAY... That is the point... You can play beautifully without a stud but you cannot win if someone does not step up and beat their guy ON THE DAY.

Last year we had it in droves... Ronnie stepped up, Bess, Ricky, Penny Camarillo and Fasano... All stepped up at one time or another... Armando has once again missed the point... A team without studs that does not have at least ONE get to another level on GAME DAY will lose.

But by all means... Blame Chad... beacuse he is the only one that didn't step up. Right. Ok then... First class tick to CrazyTown one way pls.

Back
Top Bottom