Armando brings up a GREAT point! | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando brings up a GREAT point!

When Camarillo was hurt last year, we did not have a fourth game ready receiver to pickup the slack. This lack of WR talent and our weak offensive line doomed us in the game versus Baltimore. I am happy that Brian Hartline is getting enough touches to develop. I am not going to complain about spreading the wealth. I believe that we will be a better team down the stretch because of this philosophy.

While I understand Mando's frustration, it is a fan's point of view not a winning strategy. Sparano knows the talent level of his team, and I trust him to make the correct decisions to get the most of the available talent. Go ahead and complain about the talent, but I think your position about our offensive strategy is misguided.

ronnies gone.if they are not feeding him now.the wont pay him later either.its just sad.

The number of guys you stack in the box is irrelevant....Chad Justgotbaitedagainington's off the charts intangibles will telepathically paralyze them....allowing Miami to control the clock...

Long enough so that patriot missile in pads wearing #19 to launch down the sidelines so Chad Underthrewhimton's pass can fall harmlessly to the turf....

No turnover....mission accomplished...:lol:

Actually Chad BlameOnlyHim-ington is playing by himself... he has to be right? Since he is the only one worthy to be singled out...

Or didn't you know... he can't attack defenses, holds the ball too long, allows defenders to stack the box AND play a soft zone, has a noodle arm, is responsible for Teddy Ginn's underachievement, didn't send Slimm a birthday card, has no velocity, laced up Jake Long's roller skates, punched the ball outta Fasano's hands, is responsible for no run game, made White overthrow Ginn, held Polite so the Falcons could abuse him, fumbled to help his buddy Biermann, overcharged for tickets on game day, tired our defense and kicked my grandma causing her to break her hip...

All the while... exerting a Tony Robbins mind meld over the FO so that they would not see any of it and keep playing him. Astonishing.

Oh and in case you were wondering... He also DIDN'T draft Mat Ryan.

Actually Chad BlameOnlyHim-ington is playing by himself... he has to be right? Since he is the only one worthy to be singled out...

Or didn't you know... he can't attack defenses, holds the ball too long, allows defenders to stack the box AND play a soft zone, has a noodle arm, is responsible for Teddy Ginn's underachievement, didn't send Slimm a birthday card, has no velocity, laced up Jake Long's roller skates, punched the ball outta Fasano's hands, is responsible for no run game, made White overthrow Ginn, held Polite so the Falcons could abuse him, fumbled to help his buddy Biermann, overcharged for tickets on game day, tired our defense and kicked my grandma causing her to break her hip...

All the while... exerting a Tony Robbins mind meld over the FO so that they would not see any of it and keep playing him. Astonishing.

I'll bet you can't say that three times...:lol:

Or didn't you know... he can't attack defenses, holds the ball too long, allows defenders to stack the box AND play a soft zone, has a noodle arm, is responsible for Teddy Ginn's underachievement, didn't send Slimm a birthday card, has no velocity, laced up Jake Long's roller skates, punched the ball outta Fasano's hands, is responsible for no run game, made White overthrow Ginn, held Polite, tired our defense and kicked my grandma causing her to break her hip...

If they didn't sit him in the Balt game after throwing 4 INTS, and 2 more that were dropped by Washington. When are they gonna sit him? This coaching staff then makes the error of saying Penny is next years starter after that great performance in judgment and arm strength.
If 4 INTS in one game don't get you a seat on the bench, what does?

But then again, Delhomme and Carolina aren't any different. Both teams Captains continue to cost their teams.

Yes...Chad Highcompletion%ington caused Pat to overthrow Ginn...

Didn't you see the video of Ginn slowing down when the ball was in the air because that's what he's used to? :lol:

I'm actually surprised this front office is able to notice anything going on around them as fast as Ted Ginn is...

Obviously they haven't noticed how much money is sunk in this off-ENS-ive line they've carefully put together...

Chad Turnoverproneington should be playing behind a bomb shelter for that much money...

If they didn't sit him in the Balt game after throwing 4 INTS, and 2 more that were dropped by Washington. When are they gonna sit him? This coaching staff then makes the error of saying Penny is next years starter after that great performance in judgment and arm strength.
If 4 INTS in one game don't get you a seat on the bench, what does?

But then again, Delhomme and Carolina aren't any different. Both teams Captains continue to cost their teams.

Yeah, we would have won the same 11 games with Henne, or even Cleo. :)

Oh and in case you were wondering... He also DIDN'T draft Mat Ryan.
:lol2:I don't care what side of the argument you are on that..... that right there is funny as hell. Great piece of writing.:thanks:

Give it some time guys. We have 15 weeks left. Hopefully we get better every week and can win enough games to get us to the post season when we are playing our best football. Loosing sucks but so far it is just one game. Let's give the team one more chance to make it up to us.

Yeah, we would have won the same 11 games with Henne, or even Cleo. :)

What do those wins have to do with this year?

You want to talk about the last 2 games? 5 INTS 1 Fumble, 2 loses.

And you didn't answer the question. IF this coaching staff after a debacle of a game, called a playoff game, come out and say Penny is the starter, when will they bench him? They won't.

Now 11 wins was fine for last year. Where does that get MIA this year?

Look, I'm not saying the Trifecta is a failed experiment. Nor am I saying Sparano is a bad coach.

What I am saying [or meaning] is that the Trifecta needs to be accountable beyond themselves. BLIND spots are a deadly thing in a world where yesterday's innovation is today's road kill.

If the Trifecta makes a bad personnel decision, it needs to be acknowledged and accounted for. If Sparano makes bonehead drafting and coaching AND salary accomodations, it needs to be acknowledged and answered for...

NOT a bunch of blind lemmings saying, "You are the greatest and we cannot question you, sir!" "Give me another bruise, sir!"
So after taking a 1-15 roster and going 11-5 you think our roster is going backwards???? I think they will take full responsibility for that. You tell me who seems like the blind lemming.... the guys believing in the results from a whole season....... or the guys jumping off the cliff because we lost one game? By the way..... every coach and front office are going to make mistakes. Who are the draft picks, and personnel they have so badly missed on? Have they gotten any right?

Right now there are potentially huge failures of strategy and tactics [personnel and drafting] that need to be honestly assessed and answered for... the wildcat covered a multitude of sins last year -- primarily on OL and QB -- lesser on WR -- and these huge weaknesses seem not to have been addressed.
How shall we address them? Perhaps draft a LT, 2qb's, 2wr's, and bring in a free agent center who will be given the chance to prove he's an upgrade. It's not like we are doing nothing to try to get better. But since our FO doesn't have your crystal ball all these moves may not pay off. However to say they are not trying to address them seems a tad short sighted.

I'm NOT saying fire Sparano and jettison the Trifecta. I am saying it ain't all adding up in football terms. Question everything. Demand accountability. And get more from those paid huge salaries to put a playoff WINNER on the table NOW. Parcells and Sparano rejected the claim that this is rebuilding... then went out and made it a rebuilding year with key personnel moves and calculated non-moves, specifically at skill positions.

When Cam Cameron has a better chance of winning a SB this year than the Phins, something is wrong, imo.
I know you want a playoff WINNER NOW! However the playoffs don't start NOW so winning a playoff game NOW is just not going to happen. Still confused about your math on how "it ain't all adding up in football terms". Since the trifecta has been in control they have a regular season record of 11-6 after taking over a roster that was 1-15. Please show me how you figure what they are doing isn't adding up?

The Cam comment is absurd. What you want him back? Is he your answer to who you think should be in charge over the trifecta? I would definitely consider that "blind lemming" mentality.

So after taking a 1-15 roster and going 11-5 you think our roster is going backwards???? .............

The Cam comment is absurd. What you want him back? Is he your answer to who you think should be in charge over the trifecta? I would definitely consider that "blind lemming" mentality.

I think you missed the intro part where I explicitly stated that I'm not saying Sparano and Co. is a failed experiment.

Also, I think you also missed the Cam reference. That wasn't good: my point was that it ISN'T good if Cam is closer to a SB than the Phins -- a bad sign.

I also think you missed the tenor of my post: it's about accountability and real clear-eyed analysis of the coaching and personnel -- which is were most people jump from good football minds into pure homerism.

But homerism when it spreads into a fanbase culture only hurts the home team.

LD

I think you missed the intro part where I explicitly stated that I'm not saying Sparano and Co. is a failed experiment.

Also, I think you also missed the Cam reference. That wasn't good: my point was that it ISN'T good if Cam is closer to a SB than the Phins -- a bad sign.

I also think you missed the tenor of my post: it's about accountability and real clear-eyed analysis of the coaching and personnel -- which is were most people jump from good football minds into pure homerism.

But homerism when it spreads into a fanbase culture only hurts the home team.

LD
I apologize if I interpreted your posts as being more negative than you intended them to be. I will however respectfully disagree with you somewhat about being a homer and homerism. Why is it so dangerous to be a homer? I think it better to be to much of a homer than to much of a hater. Being a hater can cloud judgment as bad or worse than being a homer. Under this regime we had one pretty good season and lost one game....... and lost it by doing all the things the coach said we could not do if we were to win. Yet the frustration of the fans after one loss has led to many unfair and over exaggerated criticisms of our players and coaches. IMO that is haterism.

Honestly, I don't understand how some people enjoy being fans of a team they come on here and run into the ground with some of the comments that are made about it's players and coaches. Some people wonder why we get no respect from the national media...... I wonder why we can't get it from our fan base. IMO most of the criticisms have been leaning more towards hater than homer........ with a few balanced posts mixed in.

I apologize if I interpreted your posts as being more negative than you intended them to be. I will however respectfully disagree with you somewhat about being a homer and homerism. Why is it so dangerous to be a homer? I think it better to be to much of a homer than to much of a hater. Being a hater can cloud judgment as bad or worse than being a homer. Under this regime we had one pretty good season and lost one game....... and lost it by doing all the things the coach said we could not do if we were to win. Yet the frustration of the fans after one loss has led to many unfair and over exaggerated criticisms of our players and coaches. IMO that is haterism.

Honestly, I don't understand how some people enjoy being fans of a team they come on here and run into the ground with some of the comments that are made about it's players and coaches. Some people wonder why we get no respect from the national media...... I wonder why we can't get it from our fan base. IMO most of the criticisms have been leaning more towards hater than homer........ with a few balanced posts mixed in.

Sometimes when I get worked up I can come across more strongly than I intend. I actually like Sparano. I like Penny.

Where I wig out is when blind spots are coddled and used as excuses to keep status quo, whenever status quo is so blatantly flawed. This is where homerism hurts the most: Let's say a coaches blind spot coincides with a constituency homerism -- he might just start believing, "Hey, Penny can be the next Brady!" like so many here appear to actually believe Penny is the second best QB in the NFL next to Brady, or even equal. They actually believe all that junk about "arm strength" developed in the offseason, etc.

Then you get such stuff as Henning saying ALL OF HIS SKILL POSITION PLAYERS [referencing WRs] ARE STUDS!

Now that is just laughable and so patently not true: but if he actually believes even a fraction of that statement, it does not bode well for the Phins chances at upgrading the position. He actually appears to believe it and the Trifecta's strange drafting at that position seems to back it up. Which gives us 4 out of 5 possession WRs very marginal in talent and gamebreaking skill... 4 out of 5 fairly easily shut down WRs.

This is how homerism kills: you actually start believing the sycophantic press articles about yourself and discount any criticism or critical analysis as uneducated or misguided, and you begin feeding into systemic blind spots: you believe your draft picks are good just b.c you drafted them; you believe your personnel changes are ironclad just b.c you made them; you begin locking a team into a talent rut b.c you arrogantly begin believing you are simply two steps ahead of the system and don't need talent [in a player's league] to be successful; you begin saying things like, "Our QB can make ALL the throws..." whenever all talent and pro scouts around the league know differently.

Then you get into a game where your starting QB is so limited and uncomfortable [can't throw downfield unless full mechanics and plenty of time to set and step up] that he attempts 29 passes and ONLY THREE OF THEM TRAVEL FURTHER THAN 15 yards past LOS.

Meanwhile your only WR playmaker is running wild in the secondary.

This is how homerism kills a team.

It lets a second year coach get slightly arrogant -- enough to come into a tougher season without any high level upgrades to the second most important skill position on offense.

This is why I call for accountability and clear-eyed thinking. Any time a team gets SO HIGH on marginal players that it excludes upgrades at that position, it kills a team's success. Every time.

LD

Back
Top Bottom