Armando: Caserio wanted to fire Philbin/Hickey will have final say on 53 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: Caserio wanted to fire Philbin/Hickey will have final say on 53

Daytona Fin

Queeks Draw
Club Member
Reaction score
Caserio wanted to fire Philbin

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 2m

Dolphins say reason Nick Caserio didn't accept job is he wanted to fire Joe Philbin and Dolphins wouldn't allow.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m

Caserio wanted to clean house. Interesting RT @ArmandoSalguero: Dolphins fire back against idea of structure problems http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...against-stories-about-structure-problems.html

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...against-stories-about-structure-problems.html

A team source is telling me Caserio, who was highly impressive in his interviews on Friday and Saturday, wanted to become the Dolphins general manager and then start by cleaning house throughout the organization. He wanted to hire a new head coach.

Dawson was willing to keep Philbin for a time -- probably the 2014 season -- but eventually wanted the ability to keep or dismiss Philbin after the season was over.

Dennis Hickey will have final say over the draft, free agency and the 53-man roster.

The general manager can overrule Philbin on those matters.

The general manager reports only to Ross.

"It's up to Dennis," a club source insisted.

The one thing not up to Hickey will be having a say over Philbin's future. On that, only Ross has that say. And clearly right now he's committed to the head coach.

And there it is... I surmised he wanted to bring in McDaniels. Looks like that was what it was

That is the person who should be running this team. He knows that a clean sweep is needed with this team.

Barry Jackson ‏@flasportsbuzz 29s

Dolphins are denying CBS report(Jason LaCanfora)that Philbin has final say over 53-man roster.Dolphins,per Armando Salguero,say Hickey will

are you ****ing kidding me!!!!!!!! Oh my god I need to get off this site before I get anxiety. lol

And there ya go.

Hayden and I both suspected it.

Ross was a fool for not hiring this guy, letting him clean house, and build this thing how he wanted to. Caserio couldve been a great hire.

Ross blind faith in Philbin is disgusting. Failbin will set us back YEARS. We could have started fresh with a top talent like Caserio, but the ****ing Principal Joe Failbin held us back because dopey Stephen Ross has some sort of bald fetish. **** this team . Just completely fed up with it.

Makes the rejection from Caserio all the more painful.

Tells you what the best team in the NFL over the past decade thinks of our coach.

Brutal.

Back
Top Bottom