Armando: Caserio wanted to fire Philbin/Hickey will have final say on 53 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: Caserio wanted to fire Philbin/Hickey will have final say on 53

how great it would have been for the negative posters on this board if ross caved, hired caserio, caserio fires philbin, brings in mcdaniels (as somebody suggested) and the two of them together started pulling the same crap mcdaniels did in his short time in denver (getting rid of the franchise QB, drafting tebow, etc. etc.) before being fired very quickly thereafter. i would have hated it as a fan, but loved it as a tall glass of shut the f$#k up.

just because a GM candidate from a successful organization wants to come in and have the ability to bring in his own head coach immediately, does not mean the guy you currently have is not the right guy.

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 1m
Crux of @ArmandoSalguero's report is deal-breaker for Dawson, Caserio was power to bring in their own coach. Some GMs get that. Some don't.

Actually, it was stated all along that Philbin would stay. Period. Caserio was a fool to interview for the job knowing that and then refuse the offer based on that condition. Not a guy I would want running my front office. He failed right from the start. Power structures are complex and clearly Ross is the number one man in this organization. He has stated all along that the new GM would be keeping Joe Philbin as the Head Coach and as usual, has remained consistent to his statement. Farmer, Dawson, and Caserio eliminated themselves...we did not eliminate them. Sounds like Hickey will have plenty of power in his new position as General Manager of the Miami Dolphins. I wish him good luck and look forward to his first move! And by the way, when WVDolphan and HaydenFox see eye to eye on something - go the other way.

Not only were you right then, you have been money all along Hayden. You have been trying to tell us Philbin blows for months now. Youre a great poster bro.

But, for your efforts you wont get the appropriate praise. Unfortunately the people who were dead wrong will hate on you even more. Such is the life of a poster who actually knows what he is talking about.

All I want WV is to see a product that I can back and support. Nothing more I want is to be relevant in the NFL…and not for snakes claiming to be bullied.

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

For my money, Philbin is the worst coach we have had here other than Cam Cameron. I would take both Wanny and Sparano over him

I would love Todd Bowles over Joe and I would take Jim Bates too.

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but if the reports are true that Caserio wanted to fire Philbin to potentially bring Mcdaniels as head coach, I'm glad we didn't give him the job. I think we've seen enough to know that the Patriot way doesn't work so well without Brady.

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but if the reports are true that Caserio wanted to fire Philbin to potentially bring Mcdaniels as head coach, I'm glad we didn't give him the job. I think we've seen enough to know that the Patriot way doesn't work so well without Brady.

Agreed. If it meant Josh coming here thank goodness he turned us down.

Sent from my Nexus 7 FHD

I'm liking the fact that Aponte will be reporting to Hickey, that's the way it should be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed. If it meant Josh coming here thank goodness he turned us down. Sent from my Nexus 7 FHD
If he was willing to become GM based on certain conditions, and we refused to meet those conditions, then we are the ones who turned him down. Not the other way around.

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 2m

One more thing: On idea Dolphins yielded proprietary info to Caserio during interviews, Dolphins source: "We were interviewing him."

If he was willing to become GM based on certain conditions, and we refused to meet those conditions, then we are the ones who turned him down. Not the other way around.

It was reported he was offered the job knowing the status of Philbin so yes he turned us down.

Sent from my Nexus 7 FHD

So Cesario wanted to fire Joe and what, bring in McDaniels who flamed out like an arrogant over his head bum in Denver? His old college roommate? No thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All I want WV is to see a product that I can back and support. Nothing more I want is to be relevant in the NFL…and not for snakes claiming to be bullied.

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

I would love Todd Bowles over Joe and I would take Jim Bates too.

All I want is for this team to WIN. And by win I mean going back to the days of this once proud franchise as being one that was both respected and feared by other teams and their fans. I want to be in the playoff hunt EVERY YEAR and not fall flat on our faces when we get a short whiff of late December games that count for something.

I dont care who gets us there or how. I would absolutely love it if Joe Philbin and Ryan Tannehill were the leaders of this team for the next 15 years and we only had one losing season over that span. I wouldnt care if Satan himself took over the organization and fielded a team full of demons.

I simply do not believe however that Philbin or Tannehill are the right people in the HC and QB positions. It looks apparent at this point that respected GM candidates didnt believe that either.

Hell, watch it come out now that Ireland left because he wanted to fire Philbin and draft another QB. In fact, watch it come out that the reason Ireland and Philbin were at odds over the last year were because Ireland never wanted to draft Tannehill. That pick has Philbin and Sherman all over it. It seems as though Ireland told Philbin to go **** himself this past draft and took who he wanted and in turn Philbin didnt play his picks out of spite. Watch it all come out. Who would be shocked?..... aside from the homers around FH?

Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP 20s

Also Hickey will be allowed to bring in his own staff. Don't be surprised if Mark Dominic is considered for asst GM. Would be a role switch.

And there it is... I surmised he wanted to bring in McDaniels. Looks like that was what it was

Yes, because McDaniels was such a success in Denver. Everyone talks about not wanting anyone associated with BP and Ireland.
Caserio would essentially be doing the same thing as BP. Where is the vision in that? He would be going with what is familiar to him, instead of being open minded. Saban did the same thing in focusing mostly on SEC players in the draft.
At least BP had the professionalism to interview Cam Cameron BEFORE he decided to fire him.

Back
Top Bottom