Armando: Caserio wanted to fire Philbin/Hickey will have final say on 53 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: Caserio wanted to fire Philbin/Hickey will have final say on 53

So we got a guy from NE that knows how to win and he says to Ross....here's what I want to do, clean house and bring my own guy and I'll show you how to win and to that Ross said......"No, I want Philbin to be the HC so we can't hire you. Instead, we'll hire a guy from the bucs"....are you f........ing kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!

Ozzy rules!!

I was unaware Belichick was interviewing for our GM position. Short of him asking for that Ross was 100% correct to not budge.

You all bitch and moan about Ireland but want to give a total risk of a candidate full control like Ireland had, really?

I have no doubt if that was the case the bitching would be twice as loud!

I really don't understand the issue with Farmer and Dawson, those guys are in no position to demand anything.

For my money, Philbin is the worst coach we have had here other than Cam Cameron. I would take both Wanny and Sparano over him

FAIL. Philbin has had far less to work with than either of those 2 clowns. wannabe ran this team straight into the ground. soprano wasn't qualified to coach a PeeWee League team. soprano cashed in on 1 good QBing year. If the Dolphins had had Pennington, healthy, when cam2 coached, he might still be here.

Philbin got us a QB and has him on the road to Top 10 status. He has had us competitive both years with ireland's junk rosters. We beat playoff teams. We beat the pats. DON SHULA feels he is the right man.

I really don't understand the issue with Farmer and Dawson, those guys are in no position to demand anything.

They probably evaluated Philbin and saw that they would be tied to a sinking ship if they took the job. They were protecting their future. Failed GMs hardly ever get a second chance, unlike HCs

So you would let an unproven GM in Caserio unilaterally hire Josh McDaniels as HC? The same Josh McDaniels that traded up for Tebow and went 3-9 and was fired. Or maybe Caserio would bring in Mangini or Weiss or Crennell instead. No thanks.

Lol exactly.

Can you imagine the belly aching around here if that were the case and that was how it was spun?!?!

FAIL. Philbin has had far less to work with than either of those 2 clowns. wannabe ran this team straight into the ground. soprano wasn't qualified to coach a PeeWee League team. soprano cashed in on 1 good QBing year. If the Dolphins had had Pennington, healthy, when cam2 coached, he might still be here.

Philbin got us a QB and has him on the road to Top 10 status. He has had us competitive both years with ireland's junk rosters. We beat playoff teams. We beat the pats. DON SHULA feels he is the right man.

DON SHULA felt Sparano was the right man too... In fact, everything you are saying about Philbin right now could also have been said about Sparano in 2010. Only difference? Sparano had already won the division and taken the team to the playoffs!

So basically the new GM will have all power except firing head coach. Not only will he control roster and draft bla bla bla but the dreaded Aponte will report to him and not the other way around as had been reported. I don't think any of the candidates that interviewed have proven enough of anything at all to be the sole decision maker on the head coach or make those kind of demands. I'd love to see the actual numbers on how many GMs have the ability to hire/fire the head coach without owners approval.

So...even though the entire GM search was made of fail and put another black eye on the organization and I'm not at all happy with the outcome...as a Fins fan I hope that Dennis Hickey and Joe Philbin kick some serious ass this year and that many people will be eating crow same time next year, most especially the Jason La Conforas of the world who btw is still tweeting about the murky power structure and the new GM not having say on roster despite that not being the case.

He had enough to beat the Patriots.

You ride Failbin to the end Ross, and it will not look pretty!

And where is this brilliant up and coming HC that would replace Philbin? A little late to be looking for a HC.
Caserio and Dawson have never been GM's, yet they were supposedly willing to fire Philbin prior to speaking to him personally?
It seems like they probably each had their own HC candidate in mind. Someone who they had some relationship with, that they were certain would accept the job. No time for a protracted HC search, therefore the team would have had to settle.
How is this different than what BP did? These guys had no vision. They are simply operating within their own comfort level. Not necessarily a good thing.

I find Ross's faith in Philbin disturbing. I saw as little from him as I did Ireland, and while Ireland deserves blame for always having some aspect of this team deficient enough to prevent it from winning, that team that was out there the last two games had shown in its 8-6 before that it had the talent necessary to win one of the last two games. They could be blamed on coaching far more than the front office.

I don't mind the GM not having final say over the head coach though. I have seen far too often in this time a GM's tenure last numerous unimpressive years where he has fired several coaches for the crime of not being able to turn the poorly structured teams he had constructed into winners.

DON SHULA felt Sparano was the right man too... In fact, everything you are saying about Philbin right now could also have been said about Sparano in 2010. Only difference? Sparano had already won the division and taken the team to the playoffs!

Yep. Only difference was Chad Pennington you mean.

After that it was Henne and a couple of season similar to our last two. Look for year 3 to be similar as well.

Ross pushed his chips to the middle of the table and they are all on Joe.

Ross pushed his chips to the middle of the table and they are all on Joe.

Yup it seems that way, if the reports are true. At least this way we know who to blame or praise.

Back
Top Bottom