Armando: Caserio wanted to fire Philbin/Hickey will have final say on 53 | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: Caserio wanted to fire Philbin/Hickey will have final say on 53

The coach ia the guy that plays them so he should get say in what or who is on his roster. G M is just the guy that goes and gets players Philbin can use. Which is why I think Ireland failed. He didn't communicate with coaches well . I mean id he couldn't get the O lineman they were targeting last yr in free agency. Then why not address it in draft when you had a perfect opportunity to fix line right then. Instead he swings and misses by blowing 2 picks for one guy. On top of it its a guy who is a project .
As far as Cesario I could care less. He may have been looking for Pats to give him more .

I don't see a big deal if the coach has say over final 53. In fact I think the coach should
Agreed. Reportedly, Philbin had some serious reservations about Martin as his starting LT, but Ireland gave him no other viable option.
Ireland is gone now, lets all wait and see how this plays out.
Dawson and Farmer were being praised for "potential" despite having thin resumes'. What do they always say about draft picks and that dreaded word "potential".

Agreed. Reportedly, Philbin had some serious reservations about Martin as his starting LT, but Ireland gave him no other viable option.
Ireland is gone now, lets all wait and see how this plays out.
Dawson and Farmer were being praised for "potential" despite having thin resumes'. What do they always say about draft picks and that dreaded word "potential".

Im not a Philbin fan he showed me a lot this year not to like him and some the previous year but every coach should have final 53 say

So what this is telling me is that Caserio was exactly the right man for the job. Philbin f'ing sucks. Ross f'ing sucks. The Dolphins f'ing suck.

LET SOMEONE FIX THIS F'ING **** FRANCHISE ALREADY.

Should have blown this whole pathetic team up, including Phibin.

Ross dosent have a clue how to run a NFL team

Please sell the team and stick with real estate you moronic dork!!!!

For my money, Philbin is the worst coach we have had here other than Cam Cameron. I would take both Wanny and Sparano over joe /QUOTE] I would take both over him wanny cannot draft, sparano need more talent, phin is just sorry?

I'll take Philbin over Tony Sparano every day and twice on Sunday. Do you guys even remember how bad Tony was at game management? Seriously.

It's like I've walked into bizarro land here.

So the press conference merely confirmed what i started to believe by the end of the GM search. It was never about Aponte. It was always an issue with Philbin.

None of the candidates wanted to tie their career to Joe's. Hickey is the one guy who will.

It scares me when Ross talks about "stability".

I fear that if we don't make the playoffs this year, Hickey and Philbin may stick around for 2015.

It scares me when Ross talks about "stability".

I fear that if we don't make the playoffs this year, Hickey and Philbin may stick around for 2015.

I don't believe he has to make the playoffs, he probably needs 9 wins, even 8 might be good enough if we're in the hunt week 17 again.

I don't believe he has to make the playoffs, he probably needs 9 wins, even 8 might be good enough if we're in the hunt week 17 again.

If Joe gaks it at the end of the year he has to go.

Short of a lot injuries if they don't make the play-offs everyone's job should be in serious danger.

I'm at the point that after 3-years the hall pass has to be taken away.

Last edited by a moderator:
The GM must have control over the 53. The GM is in charge of personnel procurement so keeping roster management on his watch is more congruous. Furthermore, a coach may make short sighted personnel choices in some misguided desperation to help in the short run, whereas the GM can keep his eye on the bigger picture over the long run. For example, a GM may be more apt to keep a kid who has a high ceiling and is developing over a low ceiling kid who may be more ready today.

When you make short sighted personnel decisions out of desperation, you start trading the likes of Lamar Gordon for a 3rd round pick.

Joe is a Laize Faire kind of guy (sp?). His Coordinators have to be good to be successful. Sherman is gone.

Problem #1 solved IMO. If we cannot be better with two FA WR's now in second year of system with another guy ready to make noise in year 3 with what should be a better Oline with a young guy who will show RT to critically look at himself and take what a defense is actually giving you instead of worrying about Wallace and public perception, this team should be allright.

Sherman's time in football is up.

Back
Top Bottom